April for my 2-door JL?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
So, I just noticed this on a local jeep dealership's web site. They had four 2-door models listed as "coming soon", whatever that means.

upload_2018-3-15_13-54-44.png
I would give them a call and find out. Also click on the description and see if there is a "view window sticker" option.

Steve_South

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
isuzu dmx, prado landcruiser
so what are the numbers for ordered ordered 4 doors and ordered 2 doors?
maybe that will give an idea as to what is going on. Maybe the interest in 2 doors is smaller than we think. For me it is a no brainer, 2 door only, but the rest may see it way differently than us , 2 door aficionados. If you check sales history for the 2 door rubicons..it is about 200+ per month,total 2 doors 500+, the 4 doors account for 80% of the sales. So if they have 10000 4 doors to build and 500 2 doors rubicons and 4500 other 2 doors...2 door rubicons are fresh out of luck...not mention that some of us might cancel the 2 door and just order a 4 door.

Steve_South

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
isuzu dmx, prado landcruiser
maybe that will give an idea as to what is going on. Maybe the interest in 2 doors is smaller than we think. For me it is a no brainer, 2 door only, but the rest may see it way differently than us , 2 door aficionados. If you check sales history for the 2 door rubicons..it is about 200+ per month,total 2 doors 500+, the 4 doors account for 80% of the sales. So if they have 10000 4 doors to build and 500 2 doors rubicons and 4500 other 2 doors...2 door rubicons are fresh out of luck...not mention that some of us might cancel the 2 door and just order a 4 door.

Sponsored

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
four doors have slowly moved to capture over 80 percent of sales - and that’s based on JK data.

with the new JL features and upgrades, they’ll draw in a new crowd of SUV buyers - meaning people who never considered jeep, nor 2 doors

i suspect that this coming year, 4 door will capture at least 85 percent of sales, and within a few years, perhaps more than 90

2 door has been low margin and low priority since 2009 when the JKU got traction

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
Ordered my 2dr Rubicon the very day the order banks were open. At first my dealer said the factory reported March delivery.
Well that didn't happen. Now trying to extend my lease on my JK Willys.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
As you all know they planned to roll out two door builds later. I think the real issue is the parts availability from other manufactures like Bestop. I am not sure if they had a really bad batch or simply do not have the capacity at their facility to craft / deliver enough soft tops. That soft top issue has caused a lot of production issues unfortunately. I understand the frustration as I am frustrated as well but I put the blame on Bestop more than FCA.

What is a real kick in the pants is ordering premium soft top only and knowing a bunch of people got dual top delivered with their soft top sitting in a box somewhere.....

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I really want my 2 door, this wait is killing me
I've got a wait before a wait, as I'm choosing to not place an order until I see on-the-lot proof they're produced.

The months roll on!

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I've got a wait before a wait, as I'm choosing to not place an order until I see on-the-lot proof they're produced.

The months roll on!
Same, I want to drive mine and verify its operation, fit and finish before I buy. Sun is peeking out of the rain today, would be great to have it now!

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
So, I just noticed this on a local jeep dealership's web site. They had four 2-door models listed as "coming soon", whatever that means.

upload_2018-3-15_13-54-44.png
The ad actually says in transit ! I can't believe a car salesman would lie like that

Todwgnr

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
My dealer wrote this to me a couple days ago:

"I spoke with the Jeep Representative on late Friday while he was at our dealership. He told me that none of the 2 door JL Wranglers have been built. He believes that they will go in to production at the end of March or first week of April with priority going to Sold orders. I wish I could be more specific, but I don't have an ETA at the moment."

Does this look like an April ETA?
My dealer just called me i few minutes ago and told me that he talked to the manufacturer and they said the 2 doors are in production.
I called jeep chat last week and they told me that mine was in scheduld. D
Something shifted forward today I'm hoping

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
My dealer just called me i few minutes ago and told me that he talked to the manufacturer and they said the 2 doors are in production.
I called jeep chat last week and they told me that mine was in scheduld. D
Something shifted forward today I'm hoping
I talked to my dealer yesterday 630pm EST, he told me he just got off the phone with jeep and it would be a week or two before 2drs started to be built. so who knows does "in production " mean they've been scheduled for build as in D1 ?
Sponsored