Sponsored

April 2021 pricing/rates/incentives??

JLTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR MT
Hey all. First post here.
I left a deposit on my first Jeep (JLUR MT) 3 weeks ago. I expected to take delivery that week because the Jeep.com site said the car was on the dealer lot but the dealer said it is still in transit and would be here “shortly”. The deal I made the dealer wouldn’t give me the 0% 36 month finance incentive (BS imo) because he wanted to make the commission from the bank on a 60 month finance at 4.9%. Well now it is April 1st tomorrow and I have no idea what Jeep incentives will be there or what rates will change. Does anyone on these forums know the April terms so I can discuss with the dealer (the guy I am dealing with doesn’t even understand what I’m asking - he just keeps telling me the price of the Jeep will be the same lol). Any Jeep reps on the forum?
Thanks all!!
Sponsored

PHX2IAD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I left a deposit on my first Jeep (JLUR MT) 3 weeks ago. I expected to take delivery that week because the Jeep.com site said the car was on the dealer lot but the dealer said it is still in transit and would be here “shortly”. The deal I made the dealer wouldn’t give me the 0% 36 month finance incentive (BS imo) because he wanted to make the commission from the bank on a 60 month finance at 4.9%. Well now it is April 1st tomorrow and I have no idea what Jeep incentives will be there or what rates will change. Does anyone on these forums know the April terms so I can discuss with the dealer (the guy I am dealing with doesn’t even understand what I’m asking - he just keeps telling me the price of the Jeep will be the same lol). Any Jeep reps on the forum?
Thanks all!!
Most manufacturers won't release April programs until April 1. I'd check back with your rep tomorrow. Or offer to sign the paperwork tonight before the car gets there.

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Thanks all!!
You may be able to request an incentive lock. Your dealer has to get it approved from the factory. I've done it on several vehicles, though admittedly not on any FCA vehicle, so my apologies if Jeep doesn't actually allow this.

It was always good for 30-60 days for me in the past.

OP
OP

JLTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR MT
You may be able to request an incentive lock. Your dealer has to get it approved from the factory. I've done it on several vehicles, though admittedly not on any FCA vehicle, so my apologies if Jeep doesn't actually allow this.

It was always good for 30-60 days for me in the past.
Thanks for this tip. Texted dealer and he said he locked the rate. Let’s see. Latest update is that the Jeep is unloaded and waiting on a truck to be delivered to dealership (since Monday). Any experience on how long this takes? It’s like waiting at the door for a package!!

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Thanks for this tip. Texted dealer and he said he locked the rate. Let’s see. Latest update is that the Jeep is unloaded and waiting on a truck to be delivered to dealership (since Monday). Any experience on how long this takes? It’s like waiting at the door for a package!!
On my first Jeep, it took two full days after final unload at railyard. That apparently caught my dealer by surprise, as they were under the impression it was scheduled for the day after that. I'd imagine the final lag depends entirely on your final-leg trucking courier.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Mine took 6 days from the rail yard.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I left a deposit on my first Jeep (JLUR MT) 3 weeks ago. I expected to take delivery that week because the Jeep.com site said the car was on the dealer lot but the dealer said it is still in transit and would be here “shortly”. The deal I made the dealer wouldn’t give me the 0% 36 month finance incentive (BS imo) because he wanted to make the commission from the bank on a 60 month finance at 4.9%.
If you have the credit score to get 0% and they offered you 4.9 I would show up with pre approved financing from somewhere else and laugh at them

Sponsored

OP
OP

JLTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR MT
If you have the credit score to get 0% and they offered you 4.9 I would show up with pre approved financing from somewhere else and laugh at them
They basically flat out told me that the price of the car they re giving me (invoice) plus the value of the trade in (1k less than what I want) they want to make the commission from the bank and won’t do the same pricing if I want the 0%. Going rates from banks for perfect credit is also 4.9+. The 0% is a Jeep incentive. If I pay more for the car they will give me the 0%. 6 or 1/2 dozen. I’d rather pay less for the car and payoff the finance early. But I still believe there is room - dealer is making out for sure in this deal. Not impressed with them especially since they just keep saying the Jeep will be here “soon”. Give me a date so I can plan. But whatever, gives me time to keep shopping around so if I find a better deal - too bad.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
They basically flat out told me that the price of the car they re giving me (invoice) plus the value of the trade in (1k less than what I want) they want to make the commission from the bank and won’t do the same pricing if I want the 0%. Going rates from banks for perfect credit is also 4.9+. The 0% is a Jeep incentive. If I pay more for the car they will give me the 0%. 6 or 1/2 dozen. I’d rather pay less for the car and payoff the finance early. But I still believe there is room - dealer is making out for sure in this deal. Not impressed with them especially since they just keep saying the Jeep will be here “soon”. Give me a date so I can plan. But whatever, gives me time to keep shopping around so if I find a better deal - too bad.
you may want to look around a bit for financing. For example Delta is at 0.98% for 60 months which is essentially 0%

https://www.deltacommunitycu.com/home/loan-rates.aspx

and yes they are making a decent amount on you on the Jeep if a number of dealers in your situation would do 8% below invoice.

makes me wonder what they are doing to you on the trade. Have you checked out CarVana or one of those companies? Takes 10 min to get A price.

you have more leverage in the negotiation than you think.

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I agree with dalema. If you credit score is in the high range, getting 2.9 or lower shouldn't be a problem.

I have played the dealership financing game before. In my early 20s in Southern California one salesman walked out with a 11% offer, and told me I didn't qualify for the 0% for 60 months. I got up and walked away. His manager quickly walked out and said "what if we did the 0%". I bought somewhere else

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
They basically flat out told me that the price of the car they re giving me (invoice) plus the value of the trade in (1k less than what I want) they want to make the commission from the bank and won’t do the same pricing if I want the 0%. Going rates from banks for perfect credit is also 4.9+. The 0% is a Jeep incentive.
Find a different dealer. Invoice with the caveat of using the inhouse financing is not that great of deal. If you don't mind taking a road trip contacting Criswell or Koons. You will pay a document higher fee then in NY, but the out the door pricing will be much better. I think they will do 5% below invoice if you want to use Jeep's 0% financing. Those dealers tend to get the ordered Jeep pretty quick as well. I wouldn't be surprise if you got an ordered 6MT Rubicon in 3 weeks.

OP
OP

JLTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR MT
Wow great tips here. I’ll work on this today. I’ve been calling dealers in 125 mile radius and very few MT rubi available. And for the ones that are, when I call - they are sold.

8% below invoice or msrp? Below invoice seems too low.

have checked caravan, true car, driveway, etc...
Sponsored