Sponsored

Apps not available

jeepordahs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I just picked up a 2020 JLU Rubicon on Monday. It has the 8.4 premium audio package. The next day I got a pop up on Uconnect saying apps not available. All the icons for any apps other than the seat, climate, and media controls are grayed out (Offroad pages, market place, assist, etc...).

I was back at the dealer yesterday where they said the flashed Uconnect and reconfigured it. Less than 24 hours later the same exact thing happened again.

Anyone else dealing with this issue? Calling the dealer first thing tomorrow when they open up. Jeep Wave, Sirius Guardian, and Uconnect customer support have been of any help.
Sponsored

LabNJeep

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLR, BMW X5
I just picked up a 2020 JLU Rubicon on Monday. It has the 8.4 premium audio package. The next day I got a pop up on Uconnect saying apps not available. All the icons for any apps other than the seat, climate, and media controls are grayed out (Offroad pages, market place, assist, etc...).

I was back at the dealer yesterday where they said the flashed Uconnect and reconfigured it. Less than 24 hours later the same exact thing happened again.

Anyone else dealing with this issue? Calling the dealer first thing tomorrow when they open up. Jeep Wave, Sirius Guardian, and Uconnect customer support have been of any help.

Having same issue now on my 2020 JLR (Oct Build). All apps did work at one point a few weeks ago. About the same time, did notice for the first time that I got a message pop up that said something to the affect "Some apps are unavailable" but I don't get that EVERY time I start my car. TBD on if the apps will work again if message doesn't show up.

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker

This is not that uncommon of a problem. Uconnect will send updates over the air and it will sometimes cause you to lose your apps. They will typically come back after the Jeep does a sleep cycle. It will most likely be a software problem, not a hardware problem.
I have had my off road pages vanish while off roading. You can also access your off road pages where your speedo is located in the event you lose them on the radio.
Hand in there, they will come back, if not the dealership will do a flash update.
Good luck!

LabNJeep

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLR, BMW X5
This is not that uncommon of a problem. Uconnect will send updates over the air and it will sometimes cause you to lose your apps. They will typically come back after the Jeep does a sleep cycle. It will most likely be a software problem, not a hardware problem.
I have had my off road pages vanish while off roading. You can also access your off road pages where your speedo is located in the event you lose them on the radio.
Hand in there, they will come back, if not the dealership will do a flash update.
Good luck!
You are right - at least for me. Been traveling but checked today and all Apps are back and in working order.

noreserve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1999 TJ Sport
I have also experienced the problem with apps disappearing. This is a recent issue, as it had not occurred in the first 8-9 months of ownership. I first noticed the Off-Road Pages had disappeared from the main screen. I figured it was a SW glitch and would come back at the next ignition cycle. It actually lasted for a number of days - lost track of how many. I searched on the problem, looked for a SW update via Uconnect, etc. and ended up just calling Uconnect. They acknowledged a problem with the SW and said it should be back in about a week. I actually received a call to let me know it should be resolved a day or two prior and, sure enough, the Off-Road pages were back. Well this morning it was gone again - a "U" in its place. Not sure what they're doing with the SW updates, but they are completely breaking a very functional portion of the SW. Hopefully they can get the QC back in order. I would have expected to see many posts/reports of problems, given its SW-related, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I will give their Tech Support another call and see what's going on.

Update (no pun intended): I talked with Uconnect support just now and they wanted me to take a look at the SW version. I started up the Jeep and see the "U" instead of the Off-Road Pages like I did earlier this morning. There were about six "U" icons on the app screen as well. While I'm on the phone, I notice that the "U" now has the Off-Road pages. Uconnect support wanted me to get the SW version through Setup, but, like the last call, it wasn't where they thought it was. I had to do the "hold driver temp up/down and front defrost buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds" again to get the system info. Anyhow, the SW version is 18.33.01. Uconnect support says that it shows I should be on 18.45.x. I asked if there is an update over-the-air that I can do, but they said I'll need to take it to the dealer. You would think that we could get a simple SW update manually ourselves. Sigh...

Last edited:

Sponsored

hschro47

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Been having a similar issue on my 20 jlur (November build). I'll get a popup saying some apps are unavailable usually while driving. It seems to fix itself every time though usually within a few minutes to an hour. Haven't had to take it to a dealer yet. Theres also this thread on it https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...currently-unavailable-uconnect-message.41906/
Hello hschro47,
Please let us know via private message if you decide to have your dealer look into this. We are always a private message away if additional assistance is needed throughout that process.
Laura
JeepCares

hschro47

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hello hschro47,
Please let us know via private message if you decide to have your dealer look into this. We are always a private message away if additional assistance is needed throughout that process.
Laura
JeepCares
Will do thanks for the reply but as I said it been fixing itself and hasn't caused any issues other than the popups for now. So I'm not too concerned yet and will probably have them look at it when I get the oil changed.

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
My offroad pages (2019 JLUR) vanished last week and haven't come back. Heading back to the dealer for a Wave service, I'll see if they'll reflash to reset it.

has anyone else lost offroad pages (that had them before)?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Will do thanks for the reply but as I said it been fixing itself and hasn't caused any issues other than the popups for now. So I'm not too concerned yet and will probably have them look at it when I get the oil changed.
hschro47,
No problem at all, our team is more than happy to assist.
Laura
JeepCares

Sponsored

KevinG

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
So it's been a few weeks since I noticed I lost the Off Road Pages and got Market. I read in another post that there was supposed to be an update on the 10th of December. I'm not sure if that happened but I still don't have the Off Road Pages. I sent a PM to JeepCares but I haven't heard anything back yet.

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
there was supposed to be an update on the 10th of December.
Got my Jeep Wave done on Friday the 13th. They said that there was an update and required reflash. They did that, but I still don't have my Off Road Pages back yet.

KevinG

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Got my Jeep Wave done on Friday the 13th. They said that there was an update and required reflash. They did that, but I still don't have my Off Road Pages back yet.
I have a recall that I need to get taken care of and I'm hoping to get it into the dealer maybe this week. I will ask them about the Off Road Pages. I'm hoping to hear something back from @JeepCares as well. I will post whatever I hear from the dealer and JeepCares.

Exevious

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 6sp
Occupation
VP, Ecommerce / Supply Chain
Is this special option feature on 2018 Rubicon?
I am wondering if I just do not have it at all.

The photos look the same in the OM but I can find any sign of offroad apps, and no options to download anything.
The thing that drew my attention was the shot in the OM with guage display on the main screen... I went to make that happen, and cant find anything related.

I am wondering if there is a phone app that will link with Bluetooth. Seems like I can get maps to showup through my phone connection.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Is this special option feature on 2018 Rubicon?
I am wondering if I just do not have it at all.

The photos look the same in the OM but I can find any sign of offroad apps, and no options to download anything.
The thing that drew my attention was the shot in the OM with guage display on the main screen... I went to make that happen, and cant find anything related.

I am wondering if there is a phone app that will link with Bluetooth. Seems like I can get maps to showup through my phone connection.
Hi, I would be happy to check if your vehicle has off-road pages for you. Please send us a private message with you VIN.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored