Sponsored

Approach to off-roading in your JL?

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Darn it! I have been telling people its a $3k vehicle with $50K in options:jk::bandit:

Sponsored

Wrangler-NS

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Mine went off road the day I got it and has every weekend since then. It is my daily and my wheelin' rig. I've started the process of modding and upgrading and will continue to do so for the life of the Jeep. I just don't understand why people would spend 50K on a Jeep if they are not wheelin' it. There are so many other vehicles that would be better suited to have at the price tag to drive to the mall.

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Off road within 10 days! (first Jeep) pin-striping, crushed cross members, sheared a bolt off the front diff (replaced) used skid plates extensively... exactly what I bought it for. Have since put on a lift and 35's. Stuff I never thought I'd do.
IMG_7677.jpg

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
My fenders were pinstriped by 1,000 miles but I also let mine break in before taking it offroad.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
I’ve had people say I’m crazy for taking a $50K Jeep off-roading. I get where they’re coming from but hell, it’s a freakin Jeep! Plus I’ve only done some trails in the 3-5 difficulty range. I’m not that experienced yet. anyways, that’s my strategy. Have some fun off-road but nothing too crazy. It’s my daily driver.

Just curious as to what others are doing...
Trying to keep it perfect and new is just to stressful. You bought it to enjoy it. Take it off road and have some fun. If you are really worried, put a belly pan and some diff and shock mount skids on it and maybe some beefed up rock rails. Given how crazy traffic is these days, it is probably safer on a rocky trail than an intersection in town anyway. You are probably not going to harm anything too serious - think of it more as accelerated wear of a component that was eventually going to wear out anyway. Besides, unlike a fender bender, at least the bangs and scrapes off road are all on the underside and not visible in daily use. :like:

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
Mine may very well go offroad the day I pick it up from Arkansas. I can't drive past the Ozark forest without doing some exploring. I can understand how buying a new $40k vehicle and taking it offroad might make many people cringe, but I've been buying new RZRs for years and immediately going offroad with them......This really isn't any different. In fact the Wrangler I ordered last week (my first FCA product) was bought to replace my RZR. I do plan to coat the undercarriage with Fluid Film.

Sponsored

BeerGuyNS

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Occupation
Retail Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't buy to to mall crawl... it is my daily driver, but SO MUCH MORE FUN IN THE DIRT!!!

IMG_1518.jpg

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Love this thread. Agree with it all. This is why I like this Forum.

Cheers.

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Mine went off road the day I got it and has every weekend since then. It is my daily and my wheelin' rig. I've started the process of modding and upgrading and will continue to do so for the life of the Jeep. I just don't understand why people would spend 50K on a Jeep if they are not wheelin' it. There are so many other vehicles that would be better suited to have at the price tag to drive to the mall.
Yep.... like a 4Runner.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Off road within 10 days! (first Jeep) pin-striping, crushed cross members, sheared a bolt off the front diff (replaced) used skid plates extensively... exactly what I bought it for. Have since put on a lift and 35's. Stuff I never thought I'd do.
IMG_7677.jpg
Are those my new to me rocksliders?

I think you sold me those on Kijiji haha
Sponsored