Sponsored

Apple car play + Sirius sat Radio issues

ReidJL75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU OB Rubicon
Hey there, i've had my Jeep for a few months now and having a crap ton of connection issues. My apple car play works periodically at best and sat radio keeps cutting out and or searching for a signal.

Apple car play will work every two days then it quits. It seems that when I let my Jeep sit over night it either works the next day or completely sh!ts the bed. I have an iPhone 10 that is updated and working normal according to apple with no known issues. I have a non-apple USB-c cord and an apple USB cord. Happens to both cords no matter what aux port I plug them in. CarPlay will not work but there is power as the phone will charge. Dealer says wait for an update. FCA/uconnect say an update will not alleviate the issue.

Sat radio also sh!ts the bed every single day. I have the sky one touch roof. It is stated on this site that at halfway open the metal structural rods will interfere with sat radio. They do. With mine closed on the highway, on a sunny day, with fields either side of me it cuts out constantly sometimes displaying a "acquiring signal" and other times nothing. The dealer can replicate this issue and have replaced my sat antenna and also the entire head unit but to no avail. Sirius has flashed my system multiple times. Nothing.

Couple other issues. When reversing I hear a whistle in my speakers and gets louder the faster I back up. Also when my sky one touch is open and I hit the button to close the roof the stereo system cuts out as soon as the button is touched. This last a second.

Anyone else experiencing any of these?

Thanks!
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey there, i've had my Jeep for a few months now and having a crap ton of connection issues. My apple car play works periodically at best and sat radio keeps cutting out and or searching for a signal.

Apple car play will work every two days then it quits. It seems that when I let my Jeep sit over night it either works the next day or completely sh!ts the bed. I have an iPhone 10 that is updated and working normal according to apple with no known issues. I have a non-apple USB-c cord and an apple USB cord. Happens to both cords no matter what aux port I plug them in. CarPlay will not work but there is power as the phone will charge. Dealer says wait for an update. FCA/uconnect say an update will not alleviate the issue.

Sat radio also sh!ts the bed every single day. I have the sky one touch roof. It is stated on this site that at halfway open the metal structural rods will interfere with sat radio. They do. With mine closed on the highway, on a sunny day, with fields either side of me it cuts out constantly sometimes displaying a "acquiring signal" and other times nothing. The dealer can replicate this issue and have replaced my sat antenna and also the entire head unit but to no avail. Sirius has flashed my system multiple times. Nothing.

Couple other issues. When reversing I hear a whistle in my speakers and gets louder the faster I back up. Also when my sky one touch is open and I hit the button to close the roof the stereo system cuts out as soon as the button is touched. This last a second.

Anyone else experiencing any of these?

Thanks!
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP
ReidJL75

ReidJL75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU OB Rubicon
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares
Is Jeep cares in Canada as well as the USA?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Is Jeep cares in Canada as well as the USA?
Hi, I apologize I didn't see you were located in Canada. Unfortunately, I am only able to assist customers in the United States. Please give Jeep Canada a call at 1-800-465-2001. They will be able to assist you!

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored