First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. I work for a big German company, one you've heard of that has nothing to do with cars. My local office only has maybe 100 people, so you get used to the same group of cars in the lot every day, and nothing really stands out, lots of bland sedans and SUVs, with the occasional Mustang or Corvette, and a handful of Jeeps. I'm the only one who regularly strips their Jeep down (doors/top).

Today, being Friday, there weren't many people in, so I got a spot right at the front, and my jeep is running doors off Safari mode today. We have a group of 4-5 Germans in town who are working on something or other, all stuffed in a conference room together, and apparently they were all talking about seeing my Jeep in the parking lot.

Lunchtime rolls around, and a coworker and I go over to the local food truck lot, where we set up a table and chairs, grab some food, and are chowing down right next to the Jeep. All the sudden we hear in thick German "eetz zee car vrom zee office!" and they swarm around my Jeep, and start taking pictures and posing and everything. Cracked me and my coworker up.
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure it doesn't get to your jeep's head.

By the way, do you post on TTAC? I recognize your username

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
A fun trick I like to do is show Germans a picture of a squirrel and ask them what it is...

Sponsored

OP
OP
S2k Chris

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Make sure it doesn't get to your jeep's head.

By the way, do you post on TTAC? I recognize your username
Yup, that was me, haven't really been back there, site got quiet and the technical glitches got annoying.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, that was me, haven't really been back there, site got quiet and the technical glitches got annoying.
Ha, no kidding, small world. I haven’t been back in a while but I go there for car news every like 4-6 months. I’ll read article after article for weeks then just stop for months. Been doing that since ‘12 or so.

On topic though, I’m the nerd at my work who’s taking pics in the parking lot :camera:

31D2192B-E4CE-4F12-A499-83A43F176653.jpeg

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
I parked next to this random guy at school once and later on that day my coworker came up to me at work and asked if this is my Jeep on their story. I though that was pretty funny!

IMG_2350.jpg

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
The amount of heads I turn is ridiculous. And cops love my jeep. Its not even all that crazy in mods. I like to keep it simple and thats exactly how it looks to me compared some others Ive seen but maaan do women love my jeep. I get the occasional cop that says "thats a sick jeep!" and we talk about it for 5 mins

The other day I was picking up my girl from a soccer game and came to a 4 way light. There was a lot of foot traffic from people walking back to their cars and this really hot blonde with her husband and kid were walking across and from the start shes staring down at my Jeep admiring either the bumper or the winch...or both. But shes just intently staring at it the entire time shes walking across to the point that shes already passed the jeep and twisting her head back to keep looking. She turns around to look forward but quickly turns back around to take a glance at me this time and smiles. Poor fella lol
Sponsored