Apparently I "bought" a Jeep that someone already ordered/bought

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Just be 100% sure that you get your title back to your trade. I’d also have them write that the trade amount will be honored if it takes them some time to get you the exact same Wrangler. There’s one out there, for sure. The dealership where I bought my JL had two of the one I bought right down to the color- exact same price obviously.

I’d give them a reasonable amount of time to fix their mistake. It can’t hurt to mention you are a member of jlwranglerforum, either. No dealer wants to be blasted on the internet. None of them.
Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Just curious if you saw a name on the sticker. I'm pissed at my dealer right now for lying. So I get that part.

mezentius13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I"d let them keep your vehicle and get a loaner until an equal or better is in hand.
Mistakes happen but at the end of the day this is a $40k+ purchase, not a hamburger that shouldn't have had pickles on it that has to be sent back to the kitchen.

RW Sting Gray

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
I'd be so upset! I'm a pretty impatient person. This isn't getting just finding a plain hot dog in your bag when you clearly ordered a chili cheese dog.

Sponsored

OP
OP
shacdaddy

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Just curious if you saw a name on the sticker. I'm pissed at my dealer right now for lying. So I get that part.
I did, they showed it to me. Not Chris.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I"d let them keep your vehicle and get a loaner until an equal or better is in hand.
Mistakes happen but at the end of the day this is a $40k+ purchase, not a hamburger that shouldn't have had pickles on it that has to be sent back to the kitchen.
I would be pissed, this is not a bag of missing fries from a drive through order.
I'd be so upset! I'm a pretty impatient person. This isn't getting just finding a plain hot dog in your bag when you clearly ordered a chili cheese dog.
I think you all need some dinner. :giggle:

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Just think how the other guy would have felt after waiting weeks or months for his order only to have it sold out from under him. Oh, we don't have to imagine, just review the other thread referenced.

It's not fraud, just a mega stupid mistake. Stuff happens. What interests me most is what they'll do for you to redeem themselves.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I believe all dealers put "ordered by customer" Jeeps on their computer list. When it says "in transit" it could be a customers Jeep with a deposit for order! It should be up to salesperson/manager to know that!

I ordered my 2012 JKUS it came in just under 4 week and it was on the dealers list for 3 weeks as "in transit" and looked available?? If you are looking at those dealers lists you gotta ask!

My JLUS was picked off the lot, dealers name on the sticker! Jeep #27 since 1965, yup old guy and a Jeep nut!

Go Jeep!!!

Sponsored

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
At least they didn’t try to give you the Family Truckster!

C4A6A68B-9296-4AB2-A311-9A7DBF7DB6A4.jpeg
What, you didn't order it in Metallic Pea?

Now, I owe it to myself to tell you that if you're taking the whole tribe cross-country, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster... You think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just think how the other guy would have felt after waiting weeks or months for his order only to have it sold out from under him. Oh, we don't have to imagine, just review the other thread referenced.

It's not fraud, just a mega stupid mistake. Stuff happens. What interests me most is what they'll do for you to redeem themselves.
This - imagine yourself on the other end of this transaction.
Sponsored