Apparently I "bought" a Jeep that someone already ordered/bought

Supercharged

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Pontiac G8 GT, GMC Acadia
Ask for one of their JLU demos to drive until they make it right and push for the extended warranty andaybe an extra grand off the JLU price for your trouble. Especially if you already signed your truck over. Probably good to say I want to give you a chance to make this right. I haven't put you on blast on forums or social media, yet.
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
It should be in the computer that unit was sold and ordered custom ordered for a customer they didn't even look to see if they would have it would have showed that

Lgreen51

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Yep, you read that correctly. I saw a JLUR listed as inbound to my local dealer and it had every option I wanted. I went by the other day and signed all of the paperwork, signed the title to my Denali over to them, and paid the ~$4,000 in taxes/fees. Yesterday, I got the call that the Jeep was in and made arrangements to pick it up this morning.

I got to the the dealer about 2 hours ago, met w/ my salesman, saw the Jeep (gorgeous), took the plates off the Denali, and then he pulled the Jeep around and parked it. He walked up to me and said "Just a second..." and then I didn't see him for 20-30 minutes.

He and a manager I had spoken to before finally came back holding the window sticker. It said "This Jeep was custom made for John Doe". Needless to say, there was some cursing and a raised voice on my part. How does that even happen? Are you fucking kidding me? I already bought it (apparently so had the other guy).

They're (allegedly) now looking into the system to find a near-exact match and then arranging transport to get it here. I told them I wanted the same Jeep or better, and I'm not paying a single penny more.

Seriously? :mad:
Only one way that happens. The dealer is an idiot!

MeepMeepJeep

First Name
Julia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2015 Wrangler
I'm scared to death this is going to happen and I have a lot of options built into my order...I know it's obviously able to be duplicated, but honestly I've been waiting months now and probably will wait another two months before I get it-so I cannot imagine being set to pick up your Jeep then be told they are going to have to find one with the options you picked out. Good luck I really hope they are able to source one-that's a giant screw up and sadly I've heard of it happening multiple times now-which is why I've started to contact my dealer regularly so I'm in their minds, so they will look for my name on inbound shipments...

h20boy1965

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Similar happened to me in Ottawa, Canada. Saw the exact one I wanted on the local dealers site. Sent in the online 'check availability' form. Got a call 30 minutes later from a salesman at the dealership. Arranged a test drive the next day. Went in the next day and as I was pulling up, the actual new owner was driving away with it. I thought someone from the dealership was going to gas it up. Nope. It was sold the whole time.

Gets better. I was clearly annoyed for wasting my time driving to the dealership through rush hour traffic only to find it wasn't available. But the head sales manager swooped in to save the day!!!! He found the exact Wrangler I wanted at another dealership!!!! OMG, I'm stoked (not showing said stokeness outwardly, lest they get the advantage). We actually sat down and did the whole deal. They assessed my trade-in, we did the financing, I gave them my down payment, I signed off on the spec sheet...etc.

A few days go by. Nothing. Email the financial guy and ask what the timeline is. He says they're just working a deal out with the dealer that has it. Another few days go by, inquire again. No response. Call the sales guy. No response. Email the financial guy. No response. Finally after more than a week, I drop in after work and get treated like a complete idiot because I actually EXPECTED that the Jeep that i BOUGHT would be somehow actual real. Needless to say, cancelled the deal. Made everyone within earshot aware of the fact that I'd be taking my business elsewhere. Sheesh.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
paid the ~$4,000 in taxes/fees.
and I'm not paying a single penny more.
Missing information :
How did you finance it ?
Is that all you paid , $4K ?
Get your Denali back , pronto .
Perhaps your signed contract was VOIDED by dealer . So , perhaps you are free and clear .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Similar happened to me in Ottawa, Canada. Saw the exact one I wanted on the local dealers site. Sent in the online 'check availability' form. Got a call 30 minutes later from a salesman at the dealership. Arranged a test drive the next day. Went in the next day and as I was pulling up, the actual new owner was driving away with it. I thought someone from the dealership was going to gas it up. Nope. It was sold the whole time.

Gets better. I was clearly annoyed for wasting my time driving to the dealership through rush hour traffic only to find it wasn't available. But the head sales manager swooped in to save the day!!!! He found the exact Wrangler I wanted at another dealership!!!! OMG, I'm stoked (not showing said stokeness outwardly, lest they get the advantage). We actually sat down and did the whole deal. They assessed my trade-in, we did the financing, I gave them my down payment, I signed off on the spec sheet...etc.

A few days go by. Nothing. Email the financial guy and ask what the timeline is. He says they're just working a deal out with the dealer that has it. Another few days go by, inquire again. No response. Call the sales guy. No response. Email the financial guy. No response. Finally after more than a week, I drop in after work and get treated like a complete idiot because I actually EXPECTED that the Jeep that i BOUGHT would be somehow actual real. Needless to say, cancelled the deal. Made everyone within earshot aware of the fact that I'd be taking my business elsewhere. Sheesh.
Typical dealer .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I'm scared to death this is going to happen and I have a lot of options built into my order...I know it's obviously able to be duplicated, but honestly I've been waiting months now and probably will wait another two months before I get it-so I cannot imagine being set to pick up your Jeep then be told they are going to have to find one with the options you picked out. Good luck I really hope they are able to source one-that's a giant screw up and sadly I've heard of it happening multiple times now-which is why I've started to contact my dealer regularly so I'm in their minds, so they will look for my name on inbound shipments...
I met my truck upon delivery , and after they rolled it off , I took both keys with me inside . That will guarantee that yours will be yours .

OP
OP
shacdaddy

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Missing information :
How did you finance it ?
Is that all you paid , $4K ?
Get your Denali back , pronto .
Perhaps your signed contract was VOIDED by dealer . So , perhaps you are free and clear .
No financing, just the $4k in taxes/fees. They have my Denali's title, but I still have the truck.

OP
OP
shacdaddy

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
UPDATE: Manager just called me. He told me he's been trying to find the exact Jeep available around the country (ya know, the one I already "bought") and it's a no-go. He then said he's built the exact Jeep online for a custom order and can expedite it (is that even a thing?) and estimated 6 weeks.

He's going to call back in the morning to go over the order line-by-line.

Thoughts?

Sponsored

Bluandwht86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2020 JLR
Nothing wrong with ordering if you have the time to wait. But there is no way he can guarantee it in 6 weeks. It could be 3 weeks, it could be 12. It’s kind of a crapshoot when you order. Mine sat done for 26 days waiting to be loaded on a truck for shipment.

Robtdcarr

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon. 2015 Ford Explorer. 2005 HD Softail Deuce. 2017 VW Passat.
Yep, you read that correctly. I saw a JLUR listed as inbound to my local dealer and it had every option I wanted. I went by the other day and signed all of the paperwork, signed the title to my Denali over to them, and paid the ~$4,000 in taxes/fees. Yesterday, I got the call that the Jeep was in and made arrangements to pick it up this morning.

I got to the the dealer about 2 hours ago, met w/ my salesman, saw the Jeep (gorgeous), took the plates off the Denali, and then he pulled the Jeep around and parked it. He walked up to me and said "Just a second..." and then I didn't see him for 20-30 minutes.

He and a manager I had spoken to before finally came back holding the window sticker. It said "This Jeep was custom made for John Doe". Needless to say, there was some cursing and a raised voice on my part. How does that even happen? Are you fucking kidding me? I already bought it (apparently so had the other guy).

They're (allegedly) now looking into the system to find a near-exact match and then arranging transport to get it here. I told them I wanted the same Jeep or better, and I'm not paying a single penny more.

Seriously? :mad:
I have been looking since March for the right JLUR. Worked with my local dealer and found a few that were “close”. Happened upon the perfect vehicle and asked my dealer to see if it was available and releasable. My dealer told me it was a customer order. The vehicle stayed on the website for 5 days, so I called the ordering dealer. He said the order fell through and it was back on the market. Bought it on the spot.

You were $crewed. Hope you get what you want and are compensated for you troubles.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Don’t think that dealers can expedite. Just the factory rep, and people above. About the time I ordered mine, a friend of mine on here got her second order expedited, and from order to delivery was 15 days.... that’s not normal, and the dealer had little, if anything, to do with it.
When I ordered, I was quoted 6-10 weeks. Took about 7, with three of that was classified “in transit “. That was in May, not sure how times are running now.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
No financing, just the $4k in taxes/fees. They have my Denali's title, but I still have the truck.
Can you get your title back ? If dealer voided your contract , and you have the Denali , why not ?

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
Ask for a JL loaner to drive until they source an identical JL to the one you ordered.
Sponsored