Apparently, he has it all on camera....

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I don't think anyone actually knows. Context leads me to believe it was parked illegally.
  • It was partly in the grass.
  • It was facing opposed to traffic.
  • The total bill being less than $70.
I suspect it was being towed for illegal parking based on it's location/orientation, and the price he keeps mentioning is the tow fee. If she pays the sixty some odd dollars he puts it down and she moves it to a legal parking spot.

Stuff like this actually annoys me though. While she's at fault for flopping the Jeep, he should have put it down. Tow companies do this crap all the time and it bugs me. They can't hold your car for ransom. He can bill her for the service call, but he can't take her car. Similarly, they'll tow a car and then not release it from their lot until they get paid for the tow/storage. If you don't get paid for a week and can't pay the bill that day, you're stuck with a week's worth of daily storage? I don't think so. It's the person's car. If they can't pay a $70 fee that day it doesn't mean you can keep a $50K vehicle. Put a lien on the vehicle if you want to make sure you get paid, or send them to collections, but depriving them of their vehicle is theft.
Per Ohio law: 2913.02(A) No person, with purpose to deprive the owner of property shall knowingly exert control over the property. Sounds exactly like what they're doing to force the person to pay the bill. Isn't that like the dentist locking you in the basement until your family can pay for your filling to make sure they get paid for their services? Nobody would think that's acceptable, but tow companies can hold cars for ransom?
Sponsored

TMP

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Where I live (and I’m pretty sure everywhere else in North America), it is illegal for a tow truck to tow a vehicle with someone in it. I climbed into my old XJ as it was being lifted and and sat there until the tow truck driver put me down.
That driver should have put her down instead of filming and instead of trying to drive her Jeep, she should have just sat there until he did. Or call the police. I would be interested to know what the outcome was.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
You don't jump in a vehicle that's sitting on a tow truck already common sense I seem towed at the airport all the time working there. no one ever jumps in one they played with the driver and they pay him because I know it cost more if it leaves if you can't pay then you get out of the way it sucks but that's the way it is look how much more damage now and when polcep come he still going to take it

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Maybe she should have just paid sixty three dollars????

Sponsored