Apparently a New TSB came out today for Loose Steering

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Interesting that’s its long wheelbase only.
I read somewhere here that four doors were mistakenly programmed as two doors maybe that has something to do with it.

Vezfly

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Hey guys I am new to the Jeep and I am running a Terflex ST2 lift with Falcon 3.3's. I have a Synergy track bar and track/ sector shaft brace on the way for my 19 Rubicon. I haven't had any steering issues or anything recalls on my vin number. Is there anything I have to do with this service bulletin?
Don’t do a thing - not applicable if you have had no parts changed (steering box or pump)

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey guys I am new to the Jeep and I am running a Terflex ST2 lift with Falcon 3.3's. I have a Synergy track bar and track/ sector shaft brace on the way for my 19 Rubicon. I haven't had any steering issues or anything recalls on my vin number. Is there anything I have to do with this service bulletin?
Yes, ignore it because you’ll start developing steering issues in your head, run away from steering issue threads as fast as possible if you don’t have any steering issues!!! Go enjoy your Jeep!!!

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
They replaced the steering damper. Doesn’t look like it applies to me.

Sponsored

Vezfly

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
What makes you think you must have the AE box?
I have a March 2019 JLUR, had AD box replaced with AE which took dead in steering wheel from 3 to 4 inches play down to 1.25 inches play. Then added adjustable LCA’s and brought caster to over 6, this got rid of wandering. Just did this TSB this morning, minimal improvement in steering wheel play. Slowly getting better - at least it’s tolerable now to drive but not what it should be

Vezfly

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I Have an AD box—trying to get AE
AE was biggest improvements for wheel play, wandering just needs more caster . Sport and Sahara have high 5s caster whereas rubicon is at 4.7 - I think that is why I was having such wandering issues. I got Jeep Cares to pay for AE box

Sponsored

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
I have a March 2019 JLUR, had AD box replaced with AE which took dead in steering wheel from 3 to 4 inches play down to 1.25 inches play. Then added adjustable LCA’s and brought caster to over 6, this got rid of wandering. Just did this TSB this morning, minimal improvement in steering wheel play. Slowly getting better - at least it’s tolerable now to drive but not what it should be
thanks for the info... will you please continue to take note of any subtle changes you notice in your steering (now that you had the TSB applied) and report back if you have any additional observations? thanks

Catwlcd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Well, I guess us with the 2 door and this problem still have no fix. They updated my box to the AD last year, done the track bar and damper, and I still have the play. I can't get the dealer to install the AE box. You can see when you have someone move the wheel there is movement in the shaft and a delay before the pitman arm moves.

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
I have a 4 door sahara with selec trac. I swear when I run it in 4H Auto vs 2H it wanders less and steering is tighter somewhat.

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
I have a 4 door sahara with selec trac. I swear when I run it in 4H Auto vs 2H it wanders less and steering is tighter somewhat.
I have the same and have noticed that too.

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Well, I guess us with the 2 door and this problem still have no fix. They updated my box to the AD last year, done the track bar and damper, and I still have the play. I can't get the dealer to install the AE box. You can see when you have someone move the wheel there is movement in the shaft and a delay before the pitman arm moves.
This isn’t a fix for us 2020 4 door owners either. We have the AE steering box and latest pump. The TSB is only for those that have had them replaced, so we’re still S*** out of luck too.
Sponsored