Sponsored

Apex Design Steering Cooler + Recessed Winch + Sway bar Disco?

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Is anyone running the Apex Design Power Steering Fluid Cooler with a recessed winch on a Rubicon with the Sway Bar disconnect? If so, what bumper, winch plate and winch are you using?

TIA
Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I have it with a factory steel bumper,warn winch plate, and a warn vr10 winch. It fits, but it’s 5lbs of crap in a 1lb bag. If it was sold as a universal fit cooler I would not have any issues having to modify things to make it fit. When it is sold as a bolt on cooler I personally feel there is some improvements needed in the design.

OP
OP
rkwfxd

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
I have it with a factory steel bumper,warn winch plate, and a warn vr10 winch. It fits, but it’s 5lbs of crap in a 1lb bag. If it was sold as a universal fit cooler I would not have any issues having to modify things to make it fit. When it is sold as a bolt on cooler I personally feel there is some improvements needed in the design.
Thank you. This is kind of what I expected A) Not many folks running this combo - so far only you and B) "I was able to make if fit by reworking everything."

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I am running it as well... Rubicon steel bumper and Warn winch with Warn winch plate. I had to make modifications as well. There is a thread on here with some guy promoting his work giving it a great review. It isn't bad it does help (very minor) I could have gotten a better cooler and just went with their modification valve. Anyway I did look my Jeep over very well prior to removing anything. Start to finish it actually only took me about 1.5 to 2 hours. Which wasn't bad as far as install. I didn't cut the bracket, i didn't remove the pump, I took the line out in one piece. Just wasn't that bad of an install, definitely not a direct bolt on, and they explain that in the thread on here(which is after the fact to me) they say , "you should have just called us" LoL,

OP
OP
rkwfxd

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
I suppose another option would be to run their pump valve mod without the additional cooler.
Sponsored