Longhair1957

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Occupation
Retired
Ive been reading,
and viewing youtubes on disconnects. Looking for what would be best choice for me.
I have a 21' 2 door. 2" mopar lift, 35" geolanders.
Even though the cost is twice as much as most of the manual disconnects.
I didnt want to cut, so no to JKS, so many of the others are either too long for my 2" lift, and or have noise issues.
The autolynx have great reviews.
I've been offroading in AZ for almost 50 years.
im getting to old to crawl around under everytime i go wheeling.
Im pretty excited to get these!
Sponsored

Last edited:

kantho

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 door with premium soft top
Ive been reading,
and viewing youtubes on disconnects. Looking for what would be best choice for me.
I have a 21' 2 door. 2" mopar lift, 35" geolanders.
Even though the cost is twice as much as most of the manual disconnects.
I didnt want to cut, so no to JKS, so many of the others are either too long for my 2" lift, and or have noise issues.
The autolynx have great reviews.
I've been offroading in AZ for almost 50 years.
im getting to old to crawl around under everytime i go wheeling.
Im pretty excited to get these!
šŸ¤™šŸ¼šŸ˜Ž
What's your experience with the AutoLYNX? I am eyeing those as well. Have you seen any independent reviews? If so, where? Thanks.

OP
OP
Longhair1957

Longhair1957

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Occupation
Retired
What's your experience with the AutoLYNX? I am eyeing those as well. Have you seen any independent reviews? If so, where? Thanks.
I donā€™t have personal experience, I do have excellent Google fu skills. However, even retired engineers get bad memories and dont save websites.
thereā€™s a thread on here about them. I have gone by reviews.I have been very frustrated with the severe lack of ingenuity and that the manual disconnects have into them. My problem is when I come up with great ideas Iā€™ve got no manufacturing facilities. I never did come up with a good idea for a swaybar release as such the Apex is. This appears to be at least a good answer. The design has enough merit to me to try it.
For twice the others price it everybodies own choice. But Iā€™ve got the attitude for some things but once cry once.If it works. šŸ¤žšŸ¼

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I have been very frustrated with the severe lack of ingenuity and that the manual disconnects have into them.
This surprises me as well. With the overload of Jeep aftermarket stuff, swaybar disconnects seem stuck with products that you might as well just leave the stock ones and wrench them everytime. Have these apex disconnects on my list too, the design and convenience is great, more than happy to pay a little more for that!

I especially appreciate that you can just reach your hand down into the wheel well and flip the switch. My back doesn't like getting down on the ground under there very much, and likes crawling back out from underneath even less.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Mine have been on for a year no issues. I just swapped to the new one that will be released soon.

F0CF195A-54C8-4CC9-89B9-DC0CD3F0E377.jpeg
Ok, whatā€™s the scoop on that reservoir and the benefits...or is that an actuator because Iā€™m not seeing a knob at the top from this angle.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Serendipity. Reading this post and was sad that mine still aren't here yet.

Angrily clicked the UPS tracker update, and it turns out they are sitting on the front stoop, delivered 23 minutes ago!

Was just about to rotate tires too, so it'll be easier to get them on. But first I'm going to go read some articles on winning the lottery.

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
What is the difference between old and new?
these are called the hydralynx. They are a dampened and electronically controlled lock and unlock. Same concept and working as the Autolynx just controlled. These will be for the person who doesnā€™t want to get out of the vehicle at all and Apex is also looking to having these go into the racing world.
Sponsored