Sponsored

Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution

Naylia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Besides the Allen wrench experience, everything else seem to go smoothly so far?
Yup, calibrating them was as simple as the video although I used a small screw driver to pop them down one gap at a time and not my nails.
Sponsored

Naylia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Done! Took me another 45 minutes. Tools i recommend would be anything racheting. I wish I'd had either the ratcheting 6mm allen key they used in the video or a ratcheting 19mm wrench that i could have slid over it. Would have saved a bit of time.

Original sway bar link:
Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution IMG_5056

Work in progress - letting the allen key hold itself in place helped make life easier, then i just backed it back a wee bit before final torquing:
Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution IMG_5057

And all done! 2hours, maybe 2:15 and that's while monitoring a toddler/letting him do it :D
Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution IMG_5058

Sponsored

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
This is so cool but damn that price 🥵 very ingenious design though for sure! Someone out there is a Jeepin’ engineer who’s-a-thinkin’!

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
This is so cool but damn that price 🥵 very ingenious design though for sure! Someone out there is a Jeepin’ engineer who’s-a-thinkin’!
Yep. Very expensive. But the instant you walk around and disconnect in 15 seconds without having to roll around in the dirt it becomes worth it.

Jeeps2Little

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S 2.0T
I'm two months in and lots of miles with them in the dirt, both locked and disconnected, still very satisfied with them. All the other options were some sort of compromise, cut this tab, mount this hanger, etc. I really wanted bolt on simplicity and I got that with these.

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Done! Took me another 45 minutes. Tools i recommend would be anything racheting. I wish I'd had either the ratcheting 6mm allen key they used in the video or a ratcheting 19mm wrench that i could have slid over it. Would have saved a bit of time.

Original sway bar link:

Work in progress - letting the allen key hold itself in place helped make life easier, then i just backed it back a wee bit before final torquing:

And all done! 2hours, maybe 2:15 and that's while monitoring a toddler/letting him do it :D
Great to hear and congrats! You mentioned a video. Which video do you mean?

Sponsored

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
I was talking to my buddies who are fellow Jeep nerds and was gawking at the price of this but awing over the coolness and it really hit me that this really is around the same budget as most other offerings but is debatably the easiest.

I was pricing out in my head getting a deal on the electronic JKR/JLR swaybar disconnect and then the EVO push/pull adapter for it and that’d be probably $600-$850+ depending on shipping/if I could get it locally.

The JKS product is cheaper but not as easy (although it isn’t ‘difficult’ by any means, but it isn’t as easy as turning two little knobs) and then the AntiRock products cost more than these but are supreme quality. So really, unless you’re just going for stupid cheap (as in the washers, pins, etc.) route, these aren’t too bad of a price compared to the market.

Tough pill to swallow but for the convenience and cool factor, I think I’ve convinced myself that I need them lmfao

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
I'm still having an issue getting these things to lock up. I have to slide under the jeep and hang my entire body weight on the sway bar end to get it to click back up. Does anyone else have this issue?

Apex states it should be an easy push down from on top; it's not even close to that. Nothing is binding them up,. They move smoothly back downwards, but the weight required to do so is too much for my scrawny body. Are you guys just lumberjacks and pushing with your pinky or what?

Jeeps2Little

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S 2.0T
I'm still having an issue getting these things to lock up. I have to slide under the jeep and hang my entire body weight on the sway bar end to get it to click back up. Does anyone else have this issue?

Apex states it should be an easy push down from on top; it's not even close to that. Nothing is binding them up,. They move smoothly back downwards, but the weight required to do so is too much for my scrawny body. Are you guys just lumberjacks and pushing with your pinky or what?

I definitely have to put some weight into it to get them to go back down to lock. It moves slowly but smoothly like you stated. Typically I only have to do one side, the other clicks in place soon after moving. I think the sway bar bushings are just tight and will likely loosen a bit in time. I only have 5k miles on the Jeep so far so just an educated guess.

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
I definitely have to put some weight into it to get them to go back down to lock. It moves slowly but smoothly like you stated. Typically I only have to do one side, the other clicks in place soon after moving. I think the sway bar bushings are just tight and will likely loosen a bit in time. I only have 5k miles on the Jeep so far so just an educated guess.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this. When I called Apex, they almost made it sound like something was binding (I'm sure it's not), or that I was doing something wrong. I'm 140lbs soaking wet, and it really does require me to hang off the bottom like a damn monkey bar.

I bought these to avoid having to lay in the mud and rain to disconnect/connect, so this is a bit bothersome for me. I really hope it loosens up over time.

Hopefully someone else who has ran these longer can comment if this is an issue or not.

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this. When I called Apex, they almost made it sound like something was binding (I'm sure it's not), or that I was doing something wrong. I'm 140lbs soaking wet, and it really does require me to hang off the bottom like a damn monkey bar.

I bought these to avoid having to lay in the mud and rain to disconnect/connect, so this is a bit bothersome for me. I really hope it loosens up over time.

Hopefully someone else who has ran these longer can comment if this is an issue or not.
I think I'm having the exactly same issue as you. The first time I installed them I definitely had to get under them in the driveway and pull pretty hard to get a lock. Initially I wasn't sure it happened but my friend told me he saw it happen. Next time on the trail it was freezing cold and someone did it for me while my hands were numb from airing up -- he originally thought you just had to turn the tabs, I told him instructions say you should push down on the sway bar. I didn't see him do it so not sure what he ended up doing. He has a ton of experience and I couldn't feel my fingers, so for better or worse I trusted him.

Both times on the trails afterward I've tried pretty unsuccessfully to push down from the top (thought moving my tires out of the way might help but I dunno if that did). I eventually drove away and it seems to have auto locked on its own? (It never felt like they were unlocked while driving). How does the auto-locking for one side work anyway? As far as the sway bar bushings idea -- I'm under the 5k mark so maybe it's true for me too?)
Sponsored