First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Can anyone post pics of these links on a rig with long travel shocks or coil overs . Minimum of 31 inches extended length in front. Would like to see it fully drooped and fully stuffed. Thanks.
Nobody else came forward, so I figured I would post the best pics I have. I have no idea if I was getting anywhere near 31", but this was about as drooped as I ever managed to get in the field. I didn't really get a picture of the link itself. These are just from my camera roll.
Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution 1631497816070

This side was fully stuffed. Prior to my recent mods, I took a picture in the same spot where the tire on the up-travel side was extremely close to my fender flare. After the mods, with a lift, bump stop extensions, and increased clearance fender flares, it's kind of insane how much clearance I actually have here. In any case, the autoLynx aren't hitting anything at either end of travel.

Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution 1631498143309

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
Actually, this is the other side of getting into that full droop situation. It has a lot less room than in my previous "fully stuffed" shot. I didn't really zoom in to show the links, but they weren't rubbing. The guys at Apex should totally sponsor me for being a rabid fanboy who encourages people to drop $400 for a luxury product that anybody can live without.

Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution 1631507043984

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Actually, this is the other side of getting into that full droop situation. It has a lot less room than in my previous "fully stuffed" shot. I didn't really zoom in to show the links, but they weren't rubbing. The guys at Apex should totally sponsor me for being a rabid fanboy who encourages people to drop $400 for a luxury product that anybody can live without.

Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution 1631507043984
Same here lol. Last January, after a year of looking for the “best” solution, I was stoked to find these seeing how they worked and that they were an easy bolt on.

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
This side was fully stuffed. Prior to my recent mods, I took a picture in the same spot where the tire on the up-travel side was extremely close to my fender flare. After the mods, with a lift, bump stop extensions, and increased clearance fender flares, it's kind of insane how much clearance I actually have here. In any case, the autoLynx aren't hitting anything at either end of travel.
So even with the stock non Rubicon fenders, on non lifted suspension, it doesn't contact anything?

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
So even with the stock non Rubicon fenders, on non lifted suspension, it doesn't contact anything?
I can't comment on how they would sit on a stock Jeep. I had a 2.5" lift and high clearance front fender flares when I installed these. Also, I have since discovered that the one on the passenger side is definitely making contact with the fender liner, but not enough to motivate me to do anything about it.

Darkseid

First Name
Mr. Darkseid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I've got the first set ever produced of the Apex AutoLYNX so for over the past year I've used these harder then most anyone will ever use them and I've had ZERO issues. Paul and I have taken my set apart a few times to check wear and see how the materials and coatings, seals have been holding up. Like I've said ZERO issues. sooo simple and easy never have to get dirty and don't need friends to help reconnect like traditional pin styles.
Hey would these work in conjunction with the rubi sway disconnect, or separately?

Jwobes

First Name
Juliana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Eco Diesel
Here are how they work in detail. I will be getting a pair.

Attachments

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
I'll add a follow-up. That link on the passenger side is rubbing so much the metal has a flat spot on it, and the anodized coating is gone in that area. It only rubs when in the unlocked position.

I really need to cut a hole in the fender liner, or hit it with a heat gun and press a tennis ball into it or something. I think the issue is actually that the fender liner itself is not quite where it should be. A bunch of the push pins have come out, and it's kind of floppy. I tried to push them back, and they didn't stay put.

Meh. I'll do something about this eventually.

Also, now that I have a few miles on these things, they have started to get quite clacky. It seems to be the lower bushings. They're as noisy as the TeraFlex quick disconnects that used to drive me nuts, except I can't quiet the clacking by greasing these. No zerks.

Oh well, they still kick ass. I don't even pay attention to how I'm sitting, and sometimes I unlock one and the Jeep jumps up 3". Whoops. That was probably in too much of a bind. Oh well! Hopefully I'm not tearing them up, and if I do tear them up, I will definitely buy another set.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I'll add a follow-up. That link on the passenger side is rubbing so much the metal has a flat spot on it, and the anodized coating is gone in that area. It only rubs when in the unlocked position.

I really need to cut a hole in the fender liner, or hit it with a heat gun and press a tennis ball into it or something. I think the issue is actually that the fender liner itself is not quite where it should be. A bunch of the push pins have come out, and it's kind of floppy. I tried to push them back, and they didn't stay put.

Meh. I'll do something about this eventually.

Also, now that I have a few miles on these things, they have started to get quite clacky. It seems to be the lower bushings. They're as noisy as the TeraFlex quick disconnects that used to drive me nuts, except I can't quiet the clacking by greasing these. No zerks.

Oh well, they still kick ass. I don't even pay attention to how I'm sitting, and sometimes I unlock one and the Jeep jumps up 3". Whoops. That was probably in too much of a bind. Oh well! Hopefully I'm not tearing them up, and if I do tear them up, I will definitely buy another set.
Out of paranoia that I’d strip a Nylok, I did not initially tighten mine enough. I went back and tightened all the hardware more. No noise now. If you didn’t, it might help. Might not.

Sponsored

Dalvarado55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport 2.0, MC 3.5" lift, Rubi Axles
No issue from noise on mine at all. I concur with DadJokes. Check the torque on all the mounting bolts. I don’t have any running. I used a heat gun and a ball hitch to make a nice notch in the fender liner. Worked for me. Good luck with it. I do agree these are awesome and the best option out there. So easy to use.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
I went back and tightened all the hardware more. No noise now. If you didn’t, it might help. Might not.
No issue from noise on mine at all. I concur with DadJokes. Check the torque on all the mounting bolts.
Hmmmmm. Okay. I'll do that soon. It's a bit nipply out there at the moment. :CWL:

I grabbed stuff and wiggled it by hand, and it all seemed tight, but I didn't actually throw a wrench to anything. Maybe it will quieten up and quit clacking. Either way, these things... Well, let's put it this way: I don't put a lot of stickers on my Jeep, but I did throw the Apex sticker on there. Ask me about my AutoLYNX. I double dog dare you! I'll talk your ear off! 😜

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Hmmmmm. Okay. I'll do that soon. It's a bit nipply out there at the moment. :CWL:

I grabbed stuff and wiggled it by hand, and it all seemed tight, but I didn't actually throw a wrench to anything. Maybe it will quieten up and quit clacking. Either way, these things... Well, let's put it this way: I don't put a lot of stickers on my Jeep, but I did throw the Apex sticker on there. Ask me about my AutoLYNX. I double dog dare you! I'll talk your ear off! 😜
Funny you mention that. I don’t put many stickers on either but I have one on either Rebel Off-Road blackout panel (where the back side windows were) along with my Ox sticker on each side too. Blue Ridge Overland Gear on the left back window and Deadman Off-road (recovery kit) smiley face on the right. Those are the ones that deserve space on my Jeep so far.

Apex Autolynx, the best thing since sliced bread. lol

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
Apex Autolynx, the best thing since sliced bread. lol
Sliced bread makes a lousy sway bar link.

My other stickers are a Yukon, so I have something to show for a very painful $2,000, and an XT sticker from Extreme Terrain that they sent one day with some letter about featuring my Jeep yadda blah. I have misgivings about the XT sticker, and it might go.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Sliced bread makes a lousy sway bar link.

My other stickers are a Yukon, so I have something to show for a very painful $2,000, and an XT sticker from Extreme Terrain that they sent one day with some letter about featuring my Jeep yadda blah. I have misgivings about the XT sticker, and it might go.
But a great sam’ich.

I’d rep the Yukon too since I have their rear axles but the purple in the ones they sent doesn’t match.
Sponsored