WhitneyWillys

WhitneyWillys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys
I replied to this post when it was in General Discussion, so a mod must have thought this was a better spot...
Yep, I had created this tread in the general discussion section. I am not selling anything here :) just reporting my findings as a stock jeep noob.
Sponsored

FFM069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Any new updates from users using the Apex swaybar disconnects? Any problems with rubbing on the inner fender or any other issues? Would love to hear how you guys are liking them.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
It’s going to be a while before I install them as I am just accumulating parts and waiting on weather to do installs.

I did email Apex about whether shock boots would be useful in protecting the chrome shaft portion.

From Apex,

The shaft is covered while locked and is not exposed to the elements. It’s the same quality as a high end shock absorber that is induction hardened and hard chromed. It’s also grease filled not oil filled making it even more unlikely for an issue to occur. A boot can trap moisture and dirt - causing more issues. This is why you see most damper brands not using boots.

The seal is tough as well and has a double lip scraper so don’t worry about dirt or water intrusion. We also use a high grade marine grease.

We test in salty winters of Utah for several years with no harm.

-Paul

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Yep, I had created this tread in the general discussion section. I am not selling anything here :) just reporting my findings as a stock jeep noob.
Any updates yet? Get a chance to wheel with them?

Sponsored

kantho

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 door with premium soft top
Any updates? I am looking at these but there don't seem to be many independent reviews so I'd like to hear from people not affiliated with the mfg. if possible.
I am tired of struggling with my quick disconnects. Needing level ground and another person to sit on the bumper etc. is getting old for this old man.

OP
OP
WhitneyWillys

WhitneyWillys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys
Finally tested Apex AutoLYNX off-road yesterday. They were awesome! Disconnecting was naturally a breeze. The ride was nice and wobbly as it should be. Never encountered any slippage or wheel-up situation. When it came to connecting at the end of the run, putting the links in lock position was again, naturally, a breeze. But I was not able to slide the sway bar all the way down to get the locking click. My bumper was not letting me get good leverage to apply pressure at the right angle. So i started driving just that way and it locked as I started moving.

I must say, the others out there were impressed. Most people out there with traditional/quick disconnects were of course comfortable with being on the ground to connect and disconnect. And as expected there were cases of having to hammer things, wobble the Jeep to fit etc.

On the whole, I am very happy with these.

Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution 5B7D3CAA-D57F-4774-9930-A03BDDBBFB86

Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution B9542C69-C8CD-4318-806B-18E9E57005BF

Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution D7B485A2-227B-4727-8BAD-EBD8E40318C1

Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution 30EFF25A-AD7B-45DC-AABB-C360E60015AF

Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution CD465D34-C7D8-4504-8481-06F179AF0DCC

Jeep Wrangler JL Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution 1C22AE68-EF9C-4AE2-9057-A3DA24F314F1

OP
OP
WhitneyWillys

WhitneyWillys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys
Here are a couple of pics showing the max compression on the tire getting lifted. Pretty much at bump stop. Still about half inch clearance from the top inner fender. I was on 32” tire size and aired down to 18 psi. 33” might have come in contact.

FF69C332-4344-4079-A418-4B76AE3C0ED7.jpeg

EF5EFD96-14A9-4F60-ACAF-48680BAAB771.jpeg

F7B2DCBF-A1B9-42FD-8066-F3BAC91BFBE4.jpeg

6C3E436D-3F0C-497E-8689-D9187A351DF5.jpeg

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Finally tested Apex AutoLYNX off-road yesterday. They were awesome! Disconnecting was naturally a breeze. The ride was nice and wobbly as it should be. Never encountered any slippage or wheel-up situation. When it came to connecting at the end of the run, putting the links in lock position was again, naturally, a breeze. But I was not able to slide the sway bar all the way down to get the locking click. My bumper was not letting me get good leverage to apply pressure at the right angle. So i started driving just that way and it locked as I started moving.

I must say, the others out there were impressed. Most people out there with traditional/quick disconnects were of course comfortable with being on the ground to connect and disconnect. And as expected there were cases of having to hammer things, wobble the Jeep to fit etc.

On the whole, I am very happy with these.

5B7D3CAA-D57F-4774-9930-A03BDDBBFB86.jpeg

B9542C69-C8CD-4318-806B-18E9E57005BF.jpeg

D7B485A2-227B-4727-8BAD-EBD8E40318C1.jpeg

30EFF25A-AD7B-45DC-AABB-C360E60015AF.jpeg

CD465D34-C7D8-4504-8481-06F179AF0DCC.jpeg

1C22AE68-EF9C-4AE2-9057-A3DA24F314F1.jpeg
Awesome. I can’t wait to get to install and try these out in the next couple of months.

Check out the new videos they’ve posted on their YouTube channel.

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
I've got the first set ever produced of the Apex AutoLYNX so for over the past year I've used these harder then most anyone will ever use them and I've had ZERO issues. Paul and I have taken my set apart a few times to check wear and see how the materials and coatings, seals have been holding up. Like I've said ZERO issues. sooo simple and easy never have to get dirty and don't need friends to help reconnect like traditional pin styles.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Recon, 99 Miata, 90 Silverado
I've got the first set ever produced of the Apex AutoLYNX so for over the past year I've used these harder then most anyone will ever use them and I've had ZERO issues. Paul and I have taken my set apart a few times to check wear and see how the materials and coatings, seals have been holding up. Like I've said ZERO issues. sooo simple and easy never have to get dirty and don't need friends to help reconnect like traditional pin styles.
Question asked earlier about the break lines. Pardon my ignorance but was there any issue?

Dalvarado55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport 2.0, MC 3.5" lift, Rubi Axles
Question asked earlier about the break lines. Pardon my ignorance but was there any issue?
I have a 2018 JLU Sport 2.5 inch lift and put the AutoLynx on about 2-3 months ago. I didn’t not have any issues with my brake lines. They were tight at full flex but I just bent the bracket up slightly to have a little more slack in them. I think this is a great product. I hit a trail almost every weekend. They are easy to use, no hassle, and are robust. Apex answered all my questions immediately and were great.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Recon, 99 Miata, 90 Silverado
I have a 2018 JLU Sport 2.5 inch lift and put the AutoLynx on about 2-3 months ago. I didn’t not have any issues with my brake lines. They were tight at full flex but I just bent the bracket up slightly to have a little more slack in them. I think this is a great product. I hit a trail almost every weekend. They are easy to use, no hassle, and are robust. Apex answered all my questions immediately and were great.
Thanks for the good report. They look exactly like what I need.
Sponsored