Sponsored

Apex AutoLYNX quick sway bar disconnect solution

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
if only they weren't such stupid colors; i don't like bright colors on the working components of my vehicles.
Sponsored

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
if only they weren't such stupid colors; i don't like bright colors on the working components of my vehicles.
Seriously that’s your hold up.. for a quality piece of equipment. The color you think is to bright. You are crazy.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
crazy doesn't have anything to do with it (though that may be a valid claim). but might i point out; i'm not the one insulting a stranger.

frankly, in large part it's a matter of personal taste.
i don't have any need for my rig to look like a kids clown wagon, or feel any need to draw attention to my mods and upgrades, nor do i care to sport someone else's idea of what they think will get them attention for their product.

it's my vehicle, and i want it to look the way i want to. if you don't mind someone else deciding how they want your rig to look, that's fine (for you).

Seriously that’s your hold up.. for a quality piece of equipment. The color you think is to bright. You are crazy.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
i don't have any need for my rig to look like a kids clown wagon, or feel any need to draw attention to my mods and upgrades
At least the pictures I'm seeing, the only color is the little knob on the very top, no? Could probably paint or plastidip that one part in no time so it's less visible in the wheel well.

(Which is what I'm planning on doing, so please be my guinea pig and let me know how that works out haha)

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
After I decided to buy a pair, I waited patiently for July 30. Now they say August 30.

The likelihood that I will part with $400 for luxury doodads is going.... going..... almost gone.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
No cutting required. No hammering, no crawling around in the dirt, mud, in the heat or cold. 15 secs to reconnect and less to disconnect. $400 is a damn bargain if they continue to hold up.

Last edited:

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
No cutting required. No hammering, no crawling around in the dirt, mud, in the heat or cold. 15 secs to reconnect and less to disconnect. $400 is a damn bargain in they continue to hold up.
If they were available to purchase, I would have bought a set without hesitation.

Since I can't buy a set, that $400 price tag looks steeper the longer I look at it. I could probably save a lot of money AND put an end to crawling in the dirt sooner if I just put my mind to machining a solution of my own.

I'm pondering on it. Maybe I will come up with a new product of my own. It's doubtful, but you never know.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
If they were available to purchase, I would have bought a set without hesitation.

I'm pondering on it. Maybe I will come up with a new product of my own. It's doubtful, but you never know.
Following up on my own comment: I pondered on it, and never did engineer a solution to this problem that was anywhere within light years of the elegance of what Apex designed. I never devoted any shop time to the matter. I was going to be spending a lot of time machining a lot of expensive material to end up with a Rube Goldberg version of one of these links. If it had worked, it would have sucked.

I eventually got the opportunity to buy a set in the natural course of things, and they were totally worth the money, and the wait. Present self speaking to past self: Stop whining and be patient, you obnoxious crybaby asshole!

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Following up on my own comment: I pondered on it, and never did engineer a solution to this problem that was anywhere within light years of the elegance of what Apex designed. I never devoted any shop time to the matter. I was going to be spending a lot of time machining a lot of expensive material to end up with a Rube Goldberg version of one of these links. If it had worked, it would have sucked.

I eventually got the opportunity to buy a set in the natural course of things, and they were totally worth the money, and the wait. Present self speaking to past self: Stop whining and be patient, you obnoxious crybaby asshole!
Good to hear they’re working well for you. I’m still loving mine. They did great on our extended vacation in July and August.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
For another $150 you could upgrade to an antirock sway bar and never have to disconnect again? You could do like we did back in the day and swap the lower bolts out for lift arm pins for under $10. Seems like there are better solutions in all price ranges to me?
https://www.acehardware.com/departm...d-ranch-supplies/farm-equipment-parts/7186398
You could. They work but they are a compromise. I don’t see a compromise with these Autolynx so far for less money. More articulation…better handling, especially in emergency avoidance. Disconnect while airing down, reconnect in 15 secs or less while airing up.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
You could. They work but they are a compromise. I don’t see a compromise with these Autolynx so far for less money. More articulation…better handling, especially in emergency avoidance. Disconnect while airing down, reconnect in 15 secs or less while airing up.
Likely 10 seconds faster than the lift pin method, not that airing up/down doesn’t already leave me standing around waiting. I don’t air up/down in the mud, as I try to wheel smarter than that, so disconnecting/ reconnecting wouldn’t happen there either. It’s an interesting solution, albeit super expensive. I wouldn’t buy it, but to each their own.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone post pics of these links on a rig with long travel shocks or coil overs . Minimum of 31 inches extended length in front. Would like to see it fully drooped and fully stuffed. Thanks.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Can anyone post pics of these links on a rig with long travel shocks or coil overs . Minimum of 31 inches extended length in front. Would like to see it fully drooped and fully stuffed. Thanks.
That won’t be me. lol Close to stock. I think that would be great to see. There’s a couple of people here running them with aftermarket components. Perhaps they’ll see your request.
Sponsored