sonystyle02

First Name
Sony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 NSX
Vehicle Showcase
I’m starting to get withdrawal symptoms. Checked around Silverado / Santiago last week and the trails were all closed.

Anyone know of spots to get a bit of dirt on the ol’ girl?
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I’m starting to get withdrawal symptoms. Checked around Silverado / Santiago last week and the trails were all closed.

Anyone know of spots to get a bit of dirt on the ol’ girl?
cleghorn closed?

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Anza-Borrego.

Edit: looks like they closed it, although I'm not sure how they'd enforce it. There's tons of ways in to that park.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
All 280 state parks in California are closed to vehicle access. I am in San Diego county, near Anza Borrrego SP, so far they are doing a pretty good job of blocking access. Haven't checked out Ocotillo Wells SVRA yet, but pretty sure Park Rangers are enforcing the closure. Can still go to Superstition OHV area and Glamis Dunes is open except Geko Rd and Osborne Overlook.

Sponsored

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Facilities Engineering Lead
did cleghorn Sat, no problems

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Superstition is business as usual. I was out there yesterday, and saw 2 Rangers parked on the side of the road not bothering anyone. I would think Ocitillo Wells should be open on the south side of 78. North side is Anza Borrego state park which is closed, but the south side should be BLM land?

Rubicrush

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
We camped in Truck Haven last week. A ranger came by as soon as we unpacked. He said the whole area was closed except where we parked/camped which was about 300 yards from the 86. He said that's county property and he didn't care if we camped there. There were signs up at the entrance when we left that said the area was closed.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
BLM land north of red rock canyon is open along with randsburg area since it’s all BLM. From there all the way north is pretty much all BLM. This is north 14 past Mojave. On the east side (up the 15) is also BLM land but not as familiar with that area.

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Anza is definitely closed and experienced that 4.9 earthquake a few days ago (followed by 2 days of ~3.5s), I'd bet you could still get into Fish Creek Wash and up through Sandstone Canyon without seeing a soul or a gate, but I'd be really weary of doing it because it's anybody's guess whether the quakes tossed some boulders down into the canyons. There really is some precariously balanced stuff up on the walls of Sandstone canyon.

According to the forest service website Holcomb Valley Road and all the trails it connects to up in san Bernardino forest are all open. It's snowing like crazy there though today through Wednesday so it's probably gonna be sticking to the main easier trails snd blasting through the snow/mud. I was thinking of heading up tomorrow or Wednesday to see what it's like. Unfortunately it looks like my closest trail Rowher is gonna be closed for the duration of this lockdown situation - it closed due to rain right as the stay at home order was instated and it didn't open back up during the sunny week. Now it's pouring for 4 days again and there's no signs that they'll open it back up.

If you're going up to the SBNF it'd be advised to avoid any contact with Lake Arrowhead village or the Big Bear community to avoid spreading to a small town. Get gas with a new disposable glove and pack in/out all your food and drinks for the day.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Anza-Borrego.

Edit: looks like they closed it, although I'm not sure how they'd enforce it. There's tons of ways in to that park.
Yes there are lots of ways into Anza Borrego Desert State Park, here is what they have done with all the legal access routes> They don't have a lot of Rangers Patrolling the 1,000 square mile park, but they do have an airplane. Think I'll stick to BLM land for now.

IMG-1831.jpg

IMG-1833.jpg

IMG-1834.jpg

IMG-1835.jpg

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Yes there are lots of ways into Anza Borrego Desert State Park, here is what they have done with all the legal access routes> They don't have a lot of Rangers Patrolling the 1,000 square mile park, but they do have an airplane. Think I'll stick to BLM land for now.

IMG-1831.jpg

IMG-1833.jpg

IMG-1834.jpg

IMG-1835.jpg
That doesn't make any sense to me. I understand closing areas where people are likely to congregate, but to close a huge swath of desert smacks of something other than concern for public safety.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
That doesn't make any sense to me. I understand closing areas where people are likely to congregate, but to close a huge swath of desert smacks of something other than concern for public safety.

I think the motive is to prevent the draw of people from 2-3 hours away coming through and possibly pumping gas/visiting a store in a small community where spread can happen. I did Anza Borrego+Sandstone Canyon mid-march the weekend before the closure was announced and it was incredible, but I see their point to an extent. We got gas with a fresh from the package disposable rubber glove near the entrance to the trail and that's the only stop we made out there. You may be careful but there may be 10 others who aren't as careful.

That being said, I really do want to go rip through the snow up in Holcomb valley in San Bernardino forest on Saturday but I'm concerned about the risk now that we're deeper into the pandemic. Holcomb Valley Road is still listed open. Anyone still wheeling or is the dream dead for a minute?
Sponsored