Anything else I should add to my build?

mshaw395

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014JKU
I don’t want any regrets! Is there anything else I really should add to my build?
Sponsored

Attachments

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
+1 on the tow package, the auxiliary switches are worth it. I believe it also comes with an improved alternator?

I would recommend the proximity keyless entry, too. I love it just for the tailgate when I run it doors off/top down. It’s also one of the options most mentioned as “wish I had gotten it” when the question comes up.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

+1 on the tow package, the auxiliary switches are worth it. I believe it also comes with an improved alternator?

I would recommend the proximity keyless entry, too. I love it just for the tailgate when I run it doors off/top down. It’s also one of the options most mentioned as “wish I had gotten it” when the question comes up.
It does come with upgraded alternator, and i think battery as well. I installed the Mopar aux switches in my driveway on the last build, and it was a pain. I opted to let the factory install them this time around.

I’ve never had proximity door locks before, but they sound awesome, I spec’d them on the new build as well.

Last edited:

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
Tow package has a bigger alternator, better for resale, also has better springs I believe.
I had to get Keyless proximity when I built my Rubicon in July, was told it automatically comes with it. I'm glad it did because I wasn't planning on getting it but can't imagine not having it now, so convenient.
I ordered my Jeep all weather mats from Ebay (BAMwholesale I believe). They were cheaper and also come with the JEEP letters in red if that interests you, otherwise I think they come black.

Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I’d really consider the Sky One Touch since you’re doing a hard top anyways.

I’m really happy with the Alpine audio upgrade as well. The beats are perfect IMO. And I’m coming from two 10” subs in my Yukon.

I thought I’d miss the manual trans (previous two Jeep’s had manuals) but am loving the Auto. Crawling in 4LO is crazy awesome!

I agree with what others said about the keyless proximity latches.

When I ordered my Jeep, seems like I only could get the 3.6 eTorque (maybe because I went with an auto?).

The Mopar rock slider/step has proved useful to me in that I actually use it as a step (albeit it’s a bit small in that sense) now that I’m roughly 4-5” taller than stock Rubicon and I’m liking the looks of it.

That Rock-Trac Full Time 4WD is quite nice as well. 😉

And finally…I think you’ll miss the Sarge Green. 😜

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
Like everyone else says, get proximity locks. Once you have them it’s hard to go without them. Very useful if your hands are full. My wife doesn't have to dig for keys in her bag either.

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
I dunno about all that other jazz, but you got the most important "option" .....a 6sp with 4.10 gears!!!!!

Does anyone know that if you select the all weather mats from the factory, do they still provide the carpet mats?

Also do the all weather mats from the factory have a black or red jeep logo?

It will be a sharp looking jeep for sure.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I dunno about all that other jazz, but you got the most important "option" .....a 6sp with 4.10 gears!!!!!

Does anyone know that if you select the all weather mats from the factory, do they still provide the carpet mats?

Also do the all weather mats from the factory have a black or red jeep logo?

It will be a sharp looking jeep for sure.
I didn’t receive carpet mats. Although…I noticed on the cargo mat that it’s carpeted on the reverse side thereby allowing you either option. I haven’t checked the passenger mats yet.
Sponsored