Sponsored

Anyone's radio unit intermediately not powering on?

kablam0r

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I've got the stock unit on the Sport S and a couple times, when starting the car the unit will not power up at all. The next time i completely shut off the car and start it up, it comes on. Loose connection?
Sponsored

Tstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350. jlu.
This happens to me to. Goes into dealer on Friday. I will let u know what they do.

norsky73

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I'd be interested to know as well. This has happened multiple time in my 2018 JL since I got it a few weeks back.

Sponsored

Tstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350. jlu.
Took it to dealer was told they are waiting on star for approval and they would call when they hear more.

Last edited:

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
This happens to mine as well. Less than two weeks old. Radio will not turn on at all (the Jeep welcome screen or disclaimer screen don't even show up). Sometimes the screen is on (backlit), but nothing comes up on the screen. Sometimes it freezes and I can't do anything with it - volume, source, etc., all frozen. One thing I notice that happens all the time is how sluggish it is. When i change volume or go through channels, there is a significant lag of 1-5 seconds to do anything. This seems to be a common issue. Anyone have any thoughts or info on the fix?

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Mine is doing the exact same thing. Reboots itself every two minutes if it does come on. Goes in Friday.

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Took it to dealer was told they are waiting on navistar for approval and they would call when they hear more.
I am confused on why they have to wait for approval on a brand new vehicle to fix these things. You would think they would just did it. I can’t imagine telling a customer who just bought a $50,000 vehicle this.

Tstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350. jlu.
Called dealer today and was told that jeep is aware of radio issues they've had a lot of complaints. I guess they are spose to come out with a software update to fix problem. I was told they did not have a time frame when update would be avalible.

Sponsored

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
My 8.4 reboots randomly.

Also one time I hit the phone icon then immediately shifted into R. I think the timing qlitched something cause my backup cam didn't work for the rest of the day then poof.. fixed itself after being off overnight.

aDragan

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I've got the stock unit on the Sport S and a couple times, when starting the car the unit will not power up at all. The next time i completely shut off the car and start it up, it comes on. Loose connection?
google how to get to the fuse box. Open it up. The underside of the cover shows what every fuse is for. Find the one that says radio Pull that one out and then put it back in securely. We haven’t had a problem since we did this a month ago. I hope this helps. Happy Jeeping!
Sponsored