Anyone with the Base Sport?

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
I have a 2015 JKU Sahara in Tank Green, Ive been debating trading it in for a Gladiator. I like the base Sport (roll up windows), It seems like everyone on only has the Sport S. Any pics of the Base model Gladiator?
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Harold Zeigler dealership In Michigan got one in early this month. It took them only about 2 days to sell it. No clue who they sold it to. You might want to ask them to ask the person who bought it to join the forum.

ohiobrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
I ended up ordering the base sport (also paid for dealer installed Rubi wheels). I wanted a manual and I found most of the reasons to get the Overland were based on having the automatic transmission. The Sport has the exact same engine as the others. Same seats (I'd never get leather). I could care less about the red Rubi dash. Having a Rubi would be cool, but I would have spent at least another $10,000. At least. I may do some casual off-roading in my Gladiator, but nothing like some of the hard core posters on here that are getting the Rubicons.

I was able to custom build a model with the 7" stereo, heated seats, etc.. Got the black hard top (if I wanted the orange hard top, I had to go Overland).

The one thing I regretted having to give up were the LED lights. You just can't get that in the Sport. Other than that, I'm extremely happy with the set up.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @ohiobrad fyi what you ordered was a Sport S, was not a base Sport. You can’t get a 7” stereo system on the base truck. You will also end up getting power windows, mirrors and locks. That’s what @nlicalsi91 was talking about when he started this thread, a base truck without any of those items.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I ended up ordering the base sport (also paid for dealer installed Rubi wheels). I wanted a manual and I found most of the reasons to get the Overland were based on having the automatic transmission. The Sport has the exact same engine as the others. Same seats (I'd never get leather). I could care less about the red Rubi dash. Having a Rubi would be cool, but I would have spent at least another $10,000. At least. I may do some casual off-roading in my Gladiator, but nothing like some of the hard core posters on here that are getting the Rubicons.

I was able to custom build a model with the 7" stereo, heated seats, etc.. Got the black hard top (if I wanted the orange hard top, I had to go Overland).

The one thing I regretted having to give up were the LED lights. You just can't get that in the Sport. Other than that, I'm extremely happy with the set up.
This^^^. Please keep us posted on how you like it. The only other thing that bugs me is that wide track only comes with sport s. If these things continue to sit on lots and deals are to be found, I might cave and get the one just like you describe. I watched vid of a Rubi on a trail and that break over had me searching wantads for a two door wrangler.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hey @ohiobrad fyi what you ordered was a Sport S, was not a base Sport. You can’t get a 7” stereo system on the base truck. You will also end up getting power windows, mirrors and locks. That’s what @nlicalsi91 was talking about when he started this thread, a base truck without any of those items.
Thank you state farm I wondered. I'm back in the game for a no tech version of JT 2020. Saw a ton of Jeep's heading into the hills on Friday and the fever came back. If I'm smart I'll build my 64 and buy a two door wrangler to build after that. But then....

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO

Quick question... If you ordered the base sport roll up windows how were you able to cutom order the 7inch radio? Max a regular sport can get is 5inch. Are you sure you didn't get a sport s instead of a sport

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Thank you state farm I wondered. I'm back in the game for a no tech version of JT 2020. Saw a ton of Jeep's heading into the hills on Friday and the fever came back. If I'm smart I'll build my 64 and buy a two door wrangler to build after that. But then....
Who started the state farm Jake comments lol sorry @Jake I think the same thing, that commercial has ruined you!lol I'm with you @5JeepsAz I know I'll be miserable paying the payments of a Rubicon but could be definitely comfortable with a base Manuel payment and plus it's a Jeep. It's meant to be basic. Only my inner new technology self prays on the Rubi for it's flashy tech but the inner cave man wants the most basic jt I can get and just enjoy life. How's your original gladiator build going. I love that thing. I'm from Alabama and I've never even seen one in person ever. Love old vehicles that have there own unique atmosphere with no cookie cutter designes!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Who started the state farm Jake comments lol sorry @Jake I think the same thing, that commercial has ruined you!lol I'm with you @5JeepsAz I know I'll be miserable paying the payments of a Rubicon but could be definitely comfortable with a base Manuel payment and plus it's a Jeep. It's meant to be basic. Only my inner new technology self prays on the Rubi for it's flashy tech but the inner cave man wants the most basic jt I can get and just enjoy life. How's your original gladiator build going. I love that thing. I'm from Alabama and I've never even seen one in person ever. Love old vehicles that have there own unique atmosphere with no cookie cutter designes!
Right on to your comments. Yes I got lucky and thank you for asking. Damn thing is in the shop. Normal car would have been a few days. Antique car? Months. Maybe you know this already, I'm just learning. "But all I wanted was seat belts and a tune up. Oh wait. And a radiator. Yeah probably an alternator to replace the generator. Oh you have to build the alternator? Ok cool." You find someone willing to do work and they can do their own car build, ten other people's too. So it takes time. Plus this truck is primo survivor. It's mostly original. So that means not ripping out the pwrtrain and putting in a modern one (faster and easier) because won't ruin a survivor. Anyway, the minute I get it back I have ten things to do. I'll update when that happens. Hopefully from the top of a hill. Cannot wait to get out and lock the hubs!!!

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Right on to your comments. Yes I got lucky and thank you for asking. Damn thing is in the shop. Normal car would have been a few days. Antique car? Months. Maybe you know this already, I'm just learning. "But all I wanted was seat belts and a tune up. Oh wait. And a radiator. Yeah probably an alternator to replace the generator. Oh you have to build the alternator? Ok cool." You find someone willing to do work and they can do their own car build, ten other people's too. So it takes time. Plus this truck is primo survivor. It's mostly original. So that means not ripping out the pwrtrain and putting in a modern one (faster and easier) because won't ruin a survivor. Anyway, the minute I get it back I have ten things to do. I'll update when that happens. Hopefully from the top of a hill. Cannot wait to get out and lock the hubs!!!
She's old and takes time to get her back to running order and I'd want her as original as I could get. That's why you wanted a antique Jeep gladiator. I know how it feels needing one thing fixed and wind up with 10 other things to fix. I've had old vehicles ever since I was 15 mostly project cars, old Firebirds. Opel gts and Buick Riviera's. Quite the mix. Never got to fully restore any of them just got them put back in buildings. Got married and have two kids with no time to spare. Maybe when I get your age I can finally restore one. Until then this is my dream

Sponsored

Col C

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
F3A3ABAE-E951-42FC-8506-CF03B57B6E72.jpeg
I have a 2015 JKU Sahara in Tank Green, Ive been debating trading it in for a Gladiator. I like the base Sport (roll up windows), It seems like everyone on only has the Sport S. Any pics of the Base model Gladiator?
Here’s mine after I swapped the wheels and tires for some Rubicon take offs.

OP
OP
nlicalsi91

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
F3A3ABAE-E951-42FC-8506-CF03B57B6E72.jpeg

Here’s mine after I swapped the wheels and tires for some Rubicon take offs.
Love it!, I saw a red one in my town with rubicon wheel take offs from the JLU. I have to wait to see Gator green in person, otherwise I think I'll go with Billet or Gobi

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
She's old and takes time to get her back to running order and I'd want her as original as I could get. That's why you wanted a antique Jeep gladiator. I know how it feels needing one thing fixed and wind up with 10 other things to fix. I've had old vehicles ever since I was 15 mostly project cars, old Firebirds. Opel gts and Buick Riviera's. Quite the mix. Never got to fully restore any of them just got them put back in buildings. Got married and have two kids with no time to spare. Maybe when I get your age I can finally restore one. Until then this is my dream
Precisely! So many sit because no time, no money, better priorities. I'll keep you posted, but dang, I'm excited!!!

Rush83

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I ordered a Sport S and maxed out every option possible. I received the build sheet 7/25 placed the order on 7/12. Hoping to get it by 8/9. So we will see. I maxed out the sport so I could get the Max tow.

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
According to the online configurator the Max Tow option is available for any Sport or Sport S. There's no need to max out a build to get it. I've "built" a lot of Sport and Sport S JTs the past few weeks as I wait for Hydro Blue and the factory brake controller to become available.
Sponsored