Sponsored

Anyone with ACC (adaptive cruise control) mount a dashcam?

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Looking to learn where you mounted it as the space behind the mirror is gone with ACC.

(Note: hoping this forum does not become a rant about ACC - please use the other forums that already exist about that for rants). :angel:
Sponsored

Axlenut

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I mounted mine on the passenger side top of windshield next to the rear view mirror. Completely out of sight for the driver and not in the way for the passenger

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
I mounted it on the glass directly under the ACC box. I've thought about sticking it on the part that holds the rearview mirror to conceal it more but haven't done it yet.

OP
OP
szobell

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I mounted mine on the passenger side top of windshield next to the rear view mirror. Completely out of sight for the driver and not in the way for the passenger
Any chance you'd post a pic?

OP
OP
szobell

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I mounted it on the glass directly under the ACC box. I've thought about sticking it on the part that holds the rearview mirror to conceal it more but haven't done it yet.
interesting - would you share a pic?

Sponsored

Dingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon ordered 10/28/18, built 12/19/18, delivered 1/14/19
Bought the Roav camera, wired it to Aux switch 1. Mounted just to the passenger side, very top of the windshield. If you pop the speaker cover on the far right, you can route the wire right down. Took maybe 30 - 45 minutes and it's all nice and tidy.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Same here. The only thing visible to me from the driver's seat is the bottom of the unit where the power light is.

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Garmin 45 dash cam mounted just to the right of the ACC box, From my view its not visible. Never had any issues, works great!

Sponsored

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Using (2) REXING VP1s, inexpensive and one of the only ones I've seen that can be mounted flush, directly to the vertical windshield and rear window and give an excellent field of view. I had the dual camera model and the rear was lower resolution (640x480) and it was never very clear.
Now to figure out how to route the wire down the a-pillars for power (Not disassembling the "pod").

dashcam.jpg

MarkWhite

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU JLU
Since I run a Go Pro 7 and my entire windshield has tint on the whole thing plus Im adding a privacy strip...I dont want suction cups on it...
I bought the rugged ridge dash caddy stsem with phone and dash cam mount...
Well the dash cam even the small go pro will not mount as they show it not sure even how they took their sales pic..because its BS you cant tilt it to see the trail or road... I also wanted to route a power supply wire to it so again that seemed logical however it will be a lot cooler if mounted along top edge of roof line...
Ok so what I was able to do is the tray they send you has depressions or shelves so I was able to use double stick and get it into the shelf on the right side quite snug and firmly mounted so I liked it...Then one of the rubber boots broke off leaving just enough to hold my phone but wheeling and rough terrain it would fly my phone off and I would try to catch it but usually it hit the floor...after bouncing off the center console...lol
I ordered the replacement phone craddle cost 20 but since I ordered a magnetic mount for the phone so these problems are all about to end, except the possible heat area of being lower to the dash verses up in shade... I will mount the GO pro to the center post and that way can still use the power cable to power it through the dash ...Yes I ripped my dash apart to hide wires always do and will... here is the current set up when I switch it up or decide to mount under the sensor on my rear view area to move it to shade Ill route a 10 foot power supply and show that set up then...In fact ill update shortly

image3.jpeg

20190327_150441.jpg

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Not to thread jack, but I'm also wondering if anyone has hard wired theirs that doesn't have the hitch/accessories and if so, where they tapped into.
Sponsored