Sponsored

Anyone with a Dynatrac 80 in the rear of a diesel?

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Was hoping I could get some insight from a diesel JLU owner that went with a dynatrac 80 for the rear. I’ve been told it’s fine and not and issue to run it with all the emissions stuff and others say DEF has to be relocated. Can anyone confirm DEf has to be relocated? If so I just might delete.

I am going to be running 12” front and 14” rear coil overs and will run 42’s.
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I would contact them directly. No sense in taking a 3rd party opinion when the creators can give first hand info.

Dynatrac Products, Inc.
7392 Count Circle
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
714-596-4461
[email protected]

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I would contact them directly. No sense in taking a 3rd party opinion when the creators can give first hand info.

Dynatrac Products, Inc.
7392 Count Circle
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
714-596-4461
[email protected]
When I ordered they knew it was for a diesel and never brought it up. Would be nice to see someone that’s done it…but thanks

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
When I ordered they knew it was for a diesel and never brought it up. Would be nice to see someone that’s done it…but thanks
I've quickly learned that most civilians won't offer up free info that could be useful, you have to ask directly. It's pretty annoying. Good luck, that's going to be a beast of a rig. What gear ratio did you pick? 40s or bigger?

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I've quickly learned that most civilians won't offer up free info that could be useful, you have to ask directly. It's pretty annoying. Good luck, that's going to be a beast of a rig. What gear ratio did you pick? 40s or bigger?
Going to run 42’s for now and dynatrac recommended 4.88’s for 42’s on the diesel. Will be a great rig once it’s done.

Sponsored

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
Was hoping I could get some insight from a diesel JLU owner that went with a dynatrac 80 for the rear. I’ve been told it’s fine and not and issue to run it with all the emissions stuff and others say DEF has to be relocated. Can anyone confirm DEf has to be relocated? If so I just might delete.

I am going to be running 12” front and 14” rear coil overs and will run 42’s.
Mine won’t be done until July/August. I finally got my tires. That being said, if you don’t have your tires yet… you had better start working on getting them. I played hell getting mine. Give you an idea how big they are.

C75FF533-FC30-40D4-A10E-70F079C065F5.jpeg

993144A6-9150-4CD2-BA87-8F576301F9D2.jpeg

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Mine won’t be done until July/August. I finally got my tires. That being said, if you don’t have your tires yet… you had better start working on getting them. I played hell getting mine. Give you an idea how big they are.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone with a Dynatrac 80 in the rear of a diesel? 993144A6-9150-4CD2-BA87-8F576301F9D2

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone with a Dynatrac 80 in the rear of a diesel? 993144A6-9150-4CD2-BA87-8F576301F9D2
Damn, how much do they weigh🙂

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD

Yep! Already have them sitting in the garage.

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Are you concerned about weight, OP? Seems you will go over GVWR by a mile. Also, I am told diesel have a way of getting hot when running up hills under load. The combo of weight and diesel is not a great match I am told. Good luck and tell us about results.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Are you concerned about weight, OP? Seems you will go over GVWR by a mile. Also, I am told diesel have a way of getting hot when running up hills under load. The combo of weight and diesel is not a great match I am told. Good luck and tell us about results.
I’m not really worried about weight. I’d expect this to be close to what my JKU was at with 60’s and 40’s (with spare) and a full weld in cage…which I think was a healthy girl at 6500-6800 or so pounds (but can’t remember so I may be not remembering correctly) I won’t be running a spare since the JL body isn’t really strong enough and there doesn’t seem to be a spare holder for a 42’s weight. I’ve been told about the diesel and cooling issues. Seems like a hit and miss thing - I follow a few with 40’s+ and some complain and others don’t. After discussing with large names in the industry, they don’t see an issue of property geared. They do run hot though just in general.

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Good. Because they are a witch to find. A lot of places say they have them. Then they do an inventory check and don’t have any in stock.
it took 6 months to find 4. Had a local discount tire manager, who’s a Jeeper himself and treats everyone as a VIP, piece 4 together. Got lucky for sure.

Knight Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR diesel
I’m not really worried about weight. I’d expect this to be close to what my JKU was at with 60’s and 40’s (with spare) and a full weld in cage…which I think was a healthy girl at 6500-6800 or so pounds (but can’t remember so I may be not remembering correctly) I won’t be running a spare since the JL body isn’t really strong enough and there doesn’t seem to be a spare holder for a 42’s weight. I’ve been told about the diesel and cooling issues. Seems like a hit and miss thing - I follow a few with 40’s+ and some complain and others don’t. After discussing with large names in the industry, they don’t see an issue of property geared. They do run hot though just in general.
I'm on Dana 60s and 40s and my oil temps are running 230-240 at 75 mph on roller hills. I think if I tried to run that speed up a long, steep grade it might derate me into limp mode. Still fresh build so I have a lot of testing to do.

OP
OP

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I'm on Dana 60s and 40s and my oil temps are running 230-240 at 75 mph on roller hills. I think if I tried to run that speed up a long, steep grade it might derate me into limp mode. Still fresh build so I have a lot of testing to do.
Happen to be running a spare? If so, how are you mounting it?

There's a local guy that upgraded his oil cooler and looks to decrease oil temps through a delete also. Seems like the oil cooler made a difference.
Sponsored