anyone with 6K miles and zero problems

Currentg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
17,500 miles in 11 months zero issues/problems.
Model 2018 JL Sport S
Engine 3.6 L V-6
Transmission 8 speed automatic
Miles 17,500
Build date 7/31/2018
Sponsored

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
My faith on the Fiat electronics was never very good to start with. And so far, the few issues I’m having are all coming from the electronics.

Two months and 2,800 miles, some minor issues:
  1. The blind spot sensors lock out whenever the Jeep gets off-road; no matter if it is an easy or a moderate trail. It does it in 4WD-Hi Part-Time, and even in 4WD-Hi Auto
  2. The backup camera doesn’t come on sporadically. So far it’s failed to work only twice.
  3. This is more an annoyance than a malfunction - the stupid Travel Link Weather Alerts come on constantly, even for storm warnings affecting counties hundreds of miles away. It is annoying enough that the warning blocks off the entire screen, but it won’t go away until you hit “OK,” and there’s no way to turn the damn thing off.
Another minor design flaw: why on earth did FCA reverse the +/- on the automatic transmission? On most other vehicles “+” is forward and “-“ is backward. But apparently that was too intuitive, so on JL “+” is backward and “-“ is forward. Seriously...? Yesterday I caught myself over-revving the engine several times on an easy trail because of FCA’s backward shifter.

Besides the issues above, the Jeep drives great. I am loving the Selec-Trac and the Cold Weather Group in particular. But I’m just not very hopeful the electronics will last past the warranty period.
The Travel Link Weather Alerts are annoying to me also.

I have yet to use the shifter in my Rubicon but it is oriented for my preference. “+” is backward and “-“ is forward. It makes sense to me. In most manual shift cars you pull back to shift from 1st into 2nd gear. I hated my '09 911 C4S PDK shifter orientation because it was forward for a up-shift and back for a down-shift. I never used the manual gear shifter because of that. Thankfully I had the great paddles where left was down-shift and right was up-shift. Porsche finally corrected it to forward for a down shift and back for a up shift in 2016.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Another minor design flaw: why on earth did FCA reverse the +/- on the automatic transmission? On most other vehicles “+” is forward and “-“ is backward. But apparently that was too intuitive, so on JL “+” is backward and “-“ is forward.
We use the manual shift mode virtually every time we use the Jeep. Just looking at the dash display indicates which way to push or pull. So that makes shifting super easy with no confusion or mistakes. Is now pretty much ingrained.

Most our vehicles are stick - so this is kinda a novelty. But it works well enough for our uses. What is a little annoying is the gearbox refuses to shift into higher gears when it very well could ie. going down a hill it sometimes does not allow you to shift into gear 7 or 8.

Other than that the gearbox is really smooth and picks the right gears going up hills. The 8 speed is actually pretty decent and works a charm for remote start with heated wheel and seats and max defrost. We use that feature all the time as well - and a big reason we decided on the auto vs manual.

Last edited:

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
2019 JLU Sport S
Auto/3.6
9200 miles
Build date February 2019

No issues. My JKU I had for 5 years went 51k miles with zero issues aswell. I haven't beaten up the JL yet like I did with the JK though.

Papi4baby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
24k.

Rear windshield Granada’s itself the second day I owned it. Took like 4 months to get it replaced.

it had the steering wheel wondering issues but it has sorted itself out. I think after 10k miles the Jeep either “settle” itself or I am just used to it driving like crap. But I do feel it drives awesome now.

Sponsored

Punk'n Head

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport
23K ON MINE 2019 3.6 MANUAL. sport s
did the steering recall, made a huge difference for the better.
soft top track rattles over severe bumps. ill deal w that when it warms up.
been fine other then the 2 things above.

JeepBugs7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
No issues except I miss the big rock when I'm away from it

2019 JLUR Sahara
2.0T
8 Speed Auto
7100 miles
Not sure of build date. Purchased July 2019

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Is it a Rubicon or Sahara ? The build date is on the drivers side door jamb sticker.
(JLUR = JL Unlimited Rubico )

Pappy11

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JL
2019 28k and Zero problems.....Only Issue at all was The windshield got cracked by a rock and the installer messed up the seal...but nothing with the jeep at all...

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
8k miles
‘19 JLUS Hardtop
3.6 Auto
Anti spin, Trac Control, LSD gearing
Rubi Takeoff Suspension
Only issue has been the passenger seat clunks on turns with someone sitting in it. About to get my second service done on the Jeep and I’ll have them look at the seat. It’s been a great vehicle. I drive 40 miles daily in the Jeep and it’s a blast. The dealership did do the steering stabilizer swap but I don’t consider that an issue because my steering has never been bad. I do have a black glue/rubber/plastic smear on my doors which is strange. And my seats could have been tighter around the handles outside of that I love the thing.

0C6E2BA1-3F6F-4A8D-BE2C-AF70CD966874.jpeg

3FCA8519-F077-4B6B-8127-82D43C0659A7.jpeg
If you need any assistance while working with your dealer to address your seat concern, please feel free to send us a PM!
Alex
JeepCares

safetyctre

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU, Sky Touch, Jeep half doors, Auto
Ya ready for this: ‘21 JKU Rubicon. 43,451 mileage as of this morning! Been from N. Carolina to Utah AND N. C. To Colorado! And more than a fair amount of off-roading (no rock crawling.) I love my Rubicon! ( prior vehicle : ‘14 JK)
A few very minor issues but essentially no problems, no surprises. Fortunately I have a great dealer service dept.
I purchased just before Covid hit the supply chain markets which I feel is still affecting a lot of mechanical issues for others.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
6k on my JLR last week, no issues at all. 2-door Rubi, 2.0L. Built 5/22

speedymart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl
My faith on the Fiat electronics was never very good to start with. And so far, the few issues I’m having are all coming from the electronics.

Two months and 2,800 miles, some minor issues:
  1. The blind spot sensors lock out whenever the Jeep gets off-road; no matter if it is an easy or a moderate trail. It does it in 4WD-Hi Part-Time, and even in 4WD-Hi Auto
  2. The backup camera doesn’t come on sporadically. So far it’s failed to work only twice.
  3. This is more an annoyance than a malfunction - the stupid Travel Link Weather Alerts come on constantly, even for storm warnings affecting counties hundreds of miles away. It is annoying enough that the warning blocks off the entire screen, but it won’t go away until you hit “OK,” and there’s no way to turn the damn thing off.
Another minor design flaw: why on earth did FCA reverse the +/- on the automatic transmission? On most other vehicles “+” is forward and “-“ is backward. But apparently that was too intuitive, so on JL “+” is backward and “-“ is forward. Seriously...? Yesterday I caught myself over-revving the engine several times on an easy trail because of FCA’s backward shifter.

Besides the issues above, the Jeep drives great. I am loving the Selec-Trac and the Cold Weather Group in particular. But I’m just not very hopeful the electronics will last past the warranty period.
Up for the downshift and down for upshift is the correct way for the shifter to be designed. In a manual transmission if you're shifting up you're more then likely downshifting. This mimics that. Rewire your brain.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
2022 392 XR with 9700 miles, MetalCloak lift, 37s. Zero problems.
Sponsored