Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Agreed! I’m hoping they either come out with gobi in the 392 or a gladiator 392, I’ll probably order one of them
Yeah I settled for Hydro. Probably will go with a clear stealth at some point to give it a frosted look.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Did you get a Cara letter today? I just got one lol. She gave me what I had 3-4 days ago.
Yeah, I got a note with the same ETA I got from Jeep Chat yesterday.

I do not envy her her job. I doubt she actually has much she can do, and she has to try to calm down people who are justifiably angry. Can’t be easy.

Silvertoy

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I've been shipped to body vendor. Guess that's JJ? I think the only thing they'll be doing there is throwing the tan soft top in the trunk? Maybe that's also tow hitch? Still no build sheet or sticker.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? IMG_1348(1)

Last edited:

Sponsored

PGJeep17

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S
Yeah, I got a note with the same ETA I got from Jeep Chat yesterday.

I do not envy her her job. I doubt she actually has much she can do, and she has to try to calm down people who are justifiably angry. Can’t be easy.
Given that my wife's order just past the 9-week date and is still in D, I am curious how long you (or others) waited before escalating and what you did to accomplish that. My wife never received the email from Jeep and we have languished in D status the entire time. I finally called to speak with a human at the Customer Service number to try and get a better update; after giving me the same basic "no update" he took my info and actually called me back the following day, but basically gave me the same "parts being scheduled" talk track along with "global chip shortage" and possibly could be an issue since it is a 2.0L Turbo engine (although I continue to see those come off the line). When I asked him about escalating the order he stated that the only option was to write a letter to a physical mailing address that he was going to provide me. I was beyond shocked. I was told that I was assigned a case number, but it seemed as if the case was going to be closed based on his call back. I have also had a message into my dealer (Koons in VA) waiting for an update from the local Jeep rep that has yet to be provided. Frustrating.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Given that my wife's order just past the 9-week date and is still in D, I am curious how long you (or others) waited before escalating and what you did to accomplish that. My wife never received the email from Jeep and we have languished in D status the entire time. I finally called to speak with a human at the Customer Service number to try and get a better update; after giving me the same basic "no update" he took my info and actually called me back the following day, but basically gave me the same "parts being scheduled" talk track along with "global chip shortage" and possibly could be an issue since it is a 2.0L Turbo engine (although I continue to see those come off the line). When I asked him about escalating the order he stated that the only option was to write a letter to a physical mailing address that he was going to provide me. I was beyond shocked. I was told that I was assigned a case number, but it seemed as if the case was going to be closed based on his call back. I have also had a message into my dealer (Koons in VA) waiting for an update from the local Jeep rep that has yet to be provided. Frustrating.
I was in D for at least 8 to 10 weeks before hitting D1...Still sitting at D1 after Dealer Rep told me 08/23 build week. Prior to D1 I specifically asked her if any particular option was on constraint and she said NO. She even called her boss while I was there just to make sure. There is just no logic to the Jeep build process!!! I highly doubt opening an escalation case at this point would do any good. Best bet is to communicate directly with the General Manager at Koon's.

jeepchik

First Name
Kendra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4Xe HA (on order), 2002 Wrangler X
Occupation
Software Engineer
Possibly mine too via the same carrier. Gupton order on 06/18, now built with build sheet and window sticker, quoted 08/24-09/06 delivery window by Cara and JC. If you see a Plain Jane Hella JLU sitting there, tell her Daddy will be there soon to get her.

You heard anything more on possible location of yours? I havent contacted Daniel yet. Kinda surprised he hasn't contacted me.
Looks like mine is coming in this same shipment with you guys' Jeeps. I ordered my 4Xe on 6/28 from Gupton and JC is giving me a dealer ETA of 8/25-9/06!
I thought that I would NEVER get to this stage... This order has been a test of my patience.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
The general answer is if being stuck in D status for 45 days then you can escalate by asking via Jeep Chat. I say "general" because sometimes they make people wait longer, sometimes shorter and it was a moving target in terms of the # of days at one point but it seemed to settle around 45.

Now if it makes any difference at all is still up for debate. Other than a few status emails I personally don't think it does.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Looks like mine is coming in this same shipment with you guys' Jeeps. I ordered my 4Xe on 6/28 from Gupton and JC is giving me a dealer ETA of 8/25-9/06!
I thought that I would NEVER get to this stage... This order has been a test of my patience.
I ordered 10 days before you. Hopefully they all come soon. Yes, it has been an interesting journey.

Sponsored

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Received a heads up that the rail car is still scheduled to be here on the 1st at 930p. We hope it'll get to the dealership friday, saturday, or monday.

J33pgrl

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX STI
Still frickin' waiting for my Willys to show up. Over two weeks in shipping from Ohio to NEPA. Contacted Jeep chat and was told ETA of 8/30-9/14...WTF?!? Possibly a month to get here?? Not happy.

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in KZ as of this morning. No dealer ETA right now

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Salesman sent me a message to let me know that my Jeep will be here in the DFW area at 930p on the 1st. The rail yard is about 30 minutes so we are hoping it gets there by late friday, saturday...at the lastest monday. We'll see! I really hope it doesn't take too long to get the Jeep 25ish miles.

B2056AB4-7E4E-4456-9D0A-1EA0CD6F1CE4.jpeg

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Salesman sent me a message to let me know that my Jeep will be here in the DFW area at 930p on the 1st. The rail yard is about 30 minutes so we are hoping it gets there by late friday, saturday...at the lastest monday. We'll see! I really hope it doesn't take too long to get the Jeep 25ish miles.
🤞 you'll get yours this coming weekend! I think the distance doesn't necessarily factor into it so much as when the rail yard employees and truck availability line up.

I am waiting until Wednesday to call my dealer for a further update on where the train with mine is.
Sponsored