Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
@DeanAmoroso are you still in D like me? It shows that on the tracker but I wasn't sure if you were keeping up with it or if you have taken delivery already
Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Just got a text from my dealership that my ship date got earlier by a day. Now have a ship date of 8/17. So hoping mine gets built today/tomorrow/Monday.
My estimated ship date is 8/13 according to my POC and JC is saying it still hasn't entered production but should soon. Shit is wild for real.

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
My estimated ship date is 8/13 according to my POC and JC is saying it still hasn't entered production but should soon. Shit is wild for real.
My dealership said that if your build date is in the next couple days, it probably is already built and they haven't pushed an update to the track system yet....but seriously who the hell actually knows. No point in a tracking system if it doesnt....ah...track haha.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
My dealership said that if your build date is in the next couple days, it probably is already built and they haven't pushed an update to the track system yet....but seriously who the hell actually knows. No point in a tracking system if it doesnt....ah...track haha.
Yeah I dont understand what the point is. Im just going to wait until my build sheet pops up on crypto

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

FWIW, I searched crypto by my VIN and while it said no build sheet found, when I clicked it I did have a build sheet!

Feel like I am inching toward the finish line!

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
If you didn't order any additional accessories, it may not enter production until tomorrow! They can build a vehicle in a day.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
@Luvwine You got the advanced safety group on a 4xe, right? Would you be willing to do me a huge favor and take a picture of the sensor box behind the rear view mirror? If you have a measuring device handy, some dimensions would be awesome too.

The reason I ask is I'm trying to decide which dash cam I want to get and where to mount it. That's one of the things I want on day one, just because drivers in the triangle are terrible and I see someone running a red light at least once on each trip I take around town...

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
Just got a text from my dealership that my ship date got earlier by a day. Now have a ship date of 8/17. So hoping mine gets built today/tomorrow/Monday.
You may see some update soon. My ship date is 8/16. JC said frame yesterday and trim this morning.

theory2

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
FWIW, I had no update on crypto or jeep chat that it entered anything beyond my D1 notification. Then out of the blue an email from dealer saying its shipped. So you could be a lot closer than you think.

Sponsored

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
@Luvwine You got the advanced safety group on a 4xe, right? Would you be willing to do me a huge favor and take a picture of the sensor box behind the rear view mirror? If you have a measuring device handy, some dimensions would be awesome too.

The reason I ask is I'm trying to decide which dash cam I want to get and where to mount it. That's one of the things I want on day one, just because drivers in the triangle are terrible and I see someone running a red light at least once on each trip I take around town...
I can but not until Tuesday. I won’t get vehicle delivered here till then.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
@OINC, we should be picking up tomorrow, I can do it for you tomorrow night or Saturday.

I plan on doing a ton of stuff this weekend (bumpers, lift, etc.) so if anyone needs JLUR 4xe measurements let me know.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR

Interesting you're asking about this as it's on my list as well, I don't have anything to measure with here but I am seriously considering getting a dash cam mirror and took a picture w/ my cell phone of what it's likely to look like. There would be some intrusion in the upper right but I think I'm still going to order one and try it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? 1628799562438

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
@OINC, we should be picking up tomorrow, I can do it for you tomorrow night or Saturday.

I plan on doing a ton of stuff this weekend (bumpers, lift, etc.) so if anyone needs JLUR 4xe measurements let me know.
That would be great! I'll be hitting "buy" on a bunch of things as soon as mine gets shipped, hopefully 🤞🤞🤞 early next week. The dash cam is the only thing I have left to figure out!

Interesting you're asking about this as it's on my list as well, I don't have anything to measure with here but I am seriously considering getting a dash cam mirror and took a picture w/ my cell phone of what it's likely to look like. There would be some intrusion in the upper right but I think I'm still going to order one and try it.
I'm looking at the Thinkware U1000, which has a flat mount that I think might be able to be mounted ON the underside of that box? The other option is one of the (very small) Blackvues, but the video quality on the Thinkware is so much better that I'd rather go with it.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

That would be great! I'll be hitting "buy" on a bunch of things as soon as mine gets shipped, hopefully 🤞🤞🤞 early next week. The dash cam is the only thing I have left to figure out!

I'm looking at the Thinkware U1000, which has a flat mount that I think might be able to be mounted ON the underside of that box? The other option is one of the (very small) Blackvues, but the video quality on the Thinkware is so much better that I'd rather go with it.
I plan to move my Blackvue 750 2 channel camera system from my Ram to my Wrangler. The video below gives some ideas where to mount the camera and run the wiring.

Currently I have their powermagic connection that uses the OBD port, however as I have the Aux switches I think I will go ahead and hard wire it this time.

In my RAM I have the camera mounted to the right (passenger side) of the rearview mirror, and I can barely see it from the drivers seat.

Sponsored