Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
In looking at my photo of the old Jeep on the windshield, it looks like the weatherstripping over there is messed up? I’ll have to go inspect.
Yes, it does. Here's who you blame.
Sorry its messed up. 🙁
Sponsored

Attachments

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Unless it is within the owners manual booklet, then there is nothing additional specifically as respects such. My packet of booklets, front license plate frame, grab handles, etc. all came factory sealed in a bag (untouched/uninstalled at my request) and there was nothing separate about the GG warranty.

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I’ll tell you shortly - GG JLUR ready for pick up soon as I Uber over to the dealership.

Then to Discount Tire for some 35s followed by Z36 pads on Friday.
Im curious if I drive over to a tire dealer with my new jeep, will they give me credit towards swapping for 35" tires?.....I have the standard size 33"

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Im curious if I drive over to a tire dealer with my new jeep, will they give me credit towards swapping for 35" tires?.....I have the standard size 33"
Discount said they only do $75 max, and it’s better to sell on Craigslist/FB marketplace.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
And I just found a Sahara 4xe on cryptostickers ordered 11 days after mine with all the options I had (plus the smokers group and dual top group), only in white and not granite. (https://cryptostickers.net/?nick=LadyLeopard).

What the fuck.
It’s stuff like this that completely sucked the fun out of this experience for me. Add to that the Jeep won’t be here until MAYBE end of August and I’m out. 🤬
Jeep uses a complex system for manufacturing Wranglers. They are managing materials, vendors, probably time to build, rail shipping estimates, plus they occaision have to remanufacturere a Jeep. Maybe there are other factors as well. They are trying to maximize the efficiency, cost and profit of the factory. It is not 1st order in, 1 out.

Unless you order the same exact Jeep color and options from the same dealer, it isn't an apples to apples comparison.

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As the dealership that I bought my Jeep from has its unionized service department on strike (along with a large number of other dealerships in the area), I had to reach out to a different dealership (non-unionized service department) as respects the windshield gasket issue. Said dealership said that they’d likely have to pull the entire windshield (who knows what from there) and that work is subcontracted out so timeline unknown. Just hope it doesn’t rain/leak in the interim... Earliest the new dealership could get me in is next week, however, prior to any action to repair, they said that they would first need to get some sort of FCA warranty person to come review and assess (keep in mind that the Jeep is brand new/I bought it/took delivery yesterday afternoon (less than 24 hours ago)). This is why my last few cars (prior to this one) have all been German - never have had similar issues. I was planning on ordering a 22 392 Xtreme Recon come October, but may now go an entirely different direction.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Per Chat:
Good news, your Jeep is in the shipping stage. The ETA for delivery to the dealer is listed between 08/10/2021 - 08/20/2021.

Window sticker showed up on Crypto right after.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
As the dealership that I bought my Jeep from has its unionized service department on strike (along with a large number of other dealerships in the area), I had to reach out to a different dealership (non-unionized service department) as respects the windshield gasket issue. Said dealership said that they’d likely have to pull the entire windshield (who knows what from there) and that work is subcontracted out so timeline unknown. Just hope it doesn’t rain/leak in the interim... Earliest the new dealership could get me in is next week, however, prior to any action to repair, they said that they would first need to get some sort of FCA warranty person to come review and assess (keep in mind that the Jeep is brand new/I bought it/took delivery yesterday afternoon (less than 24 hours ago)). This is why my last few cars (prior to this one) have all been German - never have had similar issues. I was planning on ordering a 22 392 Xtreme Recon come October, but may now go an entirely different direction.
May want to do a test spray with a hose to see if it even leaks.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
As the dealership that I bought my Jeep from has its unionized service department on strike (along with a large number of other dealerships in the area), I had to reach out to a different dealership (non-unionized service department) as respects the windshield gasket issue. Said dealership said that they’d likely have to pull the entire windshield (who knows what from there) and that work is subcontracted out so timeline unknown. Just hope it doesn’t rain/leak in the interim... Earliest the new dealership could get me in is next week, however, prior to any action to repair, they said that they would first need to get some sort of FCA warranty person to come review and assess (keep in mind that the Jeep is brand new/I bought it/took delivery yesterday afternoon (less than 24 hours ago)). This is why my last few cars (prior to this one) have all been German - never have had similar issues. I was planning on ordering a 22 392 Xtreme Recon come October, but may now go an entirety different direction.
He are a couple things to mull over.

There is also a huge bead of black silicone sealing the windshield and securing it to the Jeep. There are other Wrangler plant videos that show a robot laying down that bead.

I would say you have zero chance of a leak, but I'm no windshield expert. We're it me I would have it documented by the dealer and if future issues arise, have it repaired at that time.

Two other things to consider.

Sometimes the cure is worse than the cause. The first brand new car I ever bought arrived with a small paint defect on the door. I lost my shit and the dealership had it repainted. The paint shop ended up gouging the door, their tape pulled off part of the pinstripe and it never did match. I lived with the car for 5 years, looking at that frikken mess everytime I got in. Lesson learned.

Historically I have purchased Fords, Chevys, Hondas and Hyundais. Really no significant quality issues with any of those. With my Jeep, I have already resigned to and prepared myself for it having initial as well as short and long term quality issues. Too much forum reading I suppose.

I am managing my expectations but I hope in 3 years I can report no issues at all.

Good luck with whatever your outcome. 🙂

Sponsored

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to put some paper towel on the inside as an “indicator” and then spray the outside with the hose to see what happens.

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taken under advisement. If it’s not leaking and appears fine, will see if they can just document it, and wedge the gasket “under”. Having had windshields replaced on other cars in the past (from stone chip cracks), they’ve never been as good as from the factory, which I suspect would likely be the case here, notwithstanding what they would actually need to do (if they had to replace the GG, I surmise I would be out a vehicle for months, hah). Indeed the cure could be worse than the condition. Part of the reason that I bought a Jeep - and not a M3 or M4 or Turbo or GT3, etc. (despite their lack of practicality) - is that I have young children, and whatever vehicle I have will be well loved/used. Who cares that much if it gets some wear - it’s an off-road vehicle - that I plan to put through it’s paces.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Taken under advisement. If it’s not leaking and appears fine, will see if they can just document it, and wedge the gasket “under”. Having had windshields replaced on other cars in the past (from stone chip cracks), they’ve never been as good as from the factory, which I suspect would likely be the case here. Indeed the cure could be worse than the condition.
I'd make sure they have a replacement in stock before they try to remove it. With my luck, they'd break it taking it off, and, knowing Mopar, the replacement would be on backorder.