Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

dav_webb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Sarge, 2021 Rubicon 4xe Hydroblue
Random question for those who have seen one, does the Gorilla Glass Windshield still have a 1941 Willys in the lower right hand corner?
Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

Silvertoy

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Fingers crossed you don't have to drive your Camaro in the snow.

As a trade-in do you also get a sales tax credit against the new jeep, even if there is a large time gap in trade to purchase?
Going from lease to lease, so in PA, no sales tax benefit. Luckily.

Silvertoy

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Have you gotten an ETA email or had your status change or anything? You and I are very similar orders, I think.
No news at all. Still in D. Been calling Jeep chats x2 daily and dealer x2 weekly. No love for the sahara 4xes

MassMopar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Mojave, 23 JLR
Look @ GeckoDSRubicon ... The build sheet is live on cryptostickers and includes "Corning Gorilla Glass" at the bottom.

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
or they are running the lines in reverse.
Thanks for this bit of comic relief. I know I needed it. I'm convinced whatever line mine is on is on vacation. So frustrating.

Sorry about your regression. That would be VERY frustrating.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
What is the best way to escalate to Cara? I have tried a few times on jeep chat but always get the runaround saying I cant because of chip shortage or factory shut down.
This was my chat today with them

"
Doaa (8/2/2021, 11:42:31 AM): Thank you for chatting with us, my name is Doaa with Jeep Customer Care. Please keep the chat window open to participate in a brief survey at the completion of our conversation.
Me (8/2/2021, 11:43:06 AM): hello, I would like to check on the status of a jeep order.

Doaa (8/2/2021, 11:45:08 AM): Thank you, please allow me a brief moment and I will be back with your new vehicle order update.
Doaa (8/2/2021, 11:45:48 AM): Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.
Doaa (8/2/2021, 11:46:00 AM): Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me (8/2/2021, 11:46:46 AM): Is there any way I can escalate this? to Cara maybe? it has been over 10 weeks since I ordered.
Doaa (8/2/2021, 11:48:52 AM): Please allow me a moment to review I apologize I do not know who Cara is but I will look at your order.
Me (8/2/2021, 11:50:44 AM): ok , thank you.
Doaa (8/2/2021, 11:52:05 AM): Thank you for holding this is the information I have been able to locate for your order. Due to the unprecedented global microchip shortage, production at the Toledo (Ohio) South Assembly Plant will be down the week of Aug. 2. Stellantis continues to work closely with our suppliers to mitigate the manufacturing impacts caused by the various supply chain issues facing our industry.
Doaa (8/2/2021, 11:52:25 AM): Your vehicle is being built at this factory.
Me (8/2/2021, 11:53:25 AM): Well luckily for me the south plant is where they build gladiators and I am having a wrangler built so it should not affect me.
Me (8/2/2021, 11:54:36 AM): So is my case being escaleted now?
Doaa (8/2/2021, 11:55:38 AM): I do apologize but based on the order that is the plant that has you order and that is the plant that we have been advised that are currently build the Jeep Wrangler and the Jeep Gladiator
Doaa (8/2/2021, 11:55:55 AM): Due to this situation I will not be able to escalate your case.
Doaa (8/2/2021, 11:56:35 AM): I would recommend to contact your sales person and discuss this issue further.
Me (8/2/2021, 11:57:07 AM): I was told before if I was over 45 days I could escalate, it is now over 77 days. And I still can not escalate? I am very confused.
Me (8/2/2021, 11:57:51 AM): Dealer said he could not escalate, that it had to be on the jeep website chat
Doaa (8/2/2021, 12:00:05 PM): I cannot escalate the case since we have already been advised of the microchip shortage is beyond our control we are given updates on the factory status as the time goes by.
Me (8/2/2021, 12:01:11 PM): ok, just wondering why other people have there cases escalated after 45 days but for some reason I cannot. :(
Me (8/2/2021, 12:01:18 PM): Thank you
Doaa (8/2/2021, 12:01:48 PM): You are very welcome.
Thank you for contacting Jeep Customer Care. Please chat with us again if you need further assistance. You can also look on our website www.Jeep.com. Have a Great Day! "
I'd say just keep trying different agents until one lets you. Unfortunately after 4 days they still seem misinformed about where Wranglers are built. At least they know the Toledo South building is the one shut down, they just don't know what's built there. Trying to educate them will likely feel like a brick wall. You could also try the Jeep Customer Care #, they appear to be more friendly and more competent based on some recent feedback.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for this bit of comic relief. I know I needed it. I'm convinced whatever line mine is on is on vacation. So frustrating.

Sorry about your regression. That would be VERY frustrating.
And today I’m in Paint 😂😂😂. Tonight I’ll be “gathering parts” haha

Sponsored

theory2

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Just got an email from Jeep.

This is a courtesy email update regarding your all-new Jeep Wrangler factory order status.

At this present time, all of the materials needed to start the manufacturing build process for your Jeep Wrangler have been received and the vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

We show your order presently has an estimated production plan timing for either the week of August 9th or the week of August 16th. Please keep in mind, this timing is estimated and can be subject to change.

Ordered May 15, So 12 to 13 weeks before production even begins, then time for remaining stages and shipping. Looking like yet another 4-6 weeks for me. I will be at 4-5+ months from order by my math. My dealer back in May, “yeah, they’ve been taking 3-4 weeks from order to show up.” WTF

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Just got an email from Jeep.

This is a courtesy email update regarding your all-new Jeep Wrangler factory order status.

At this present time, all of the materials needed to start the manufacturing build process for your Jeep Wrangler have been received and the vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

We show your order presently has an estimated production plan timing for either the week of August 9th or the week of August 16th. Please keep in mind, this timing is estimated and can be subject to change.

Ordered May 15, So 12 to 13 weeks before production even begins, then time for remaining stages and shipping. Looking like yet another 4-6 weeks for me. I will be at 4-5+ months from order by my math. My dealer back in May, “yeah, they’ve been taking 3-4 weeks from order to show up.” WTF
Wow, you and OutlawBeard were left behind :(. 2.5 months of the wait has been GG related but I don't know why they wouldn't have been built in the last 2 weeks. Your dealer will have the specific build/ship date from the range in the email, check with them to get the date hopefully it's 8/9.

Roody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR order cancelled; 2012 Wrangler
Today, via Krystal @ JeepChat:

"I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.
10:47:31 AM"

Last Friday was "Materials received," yesterday was "F" (paint), today is "built" --Anyone know what "additional features or optional equipment packages" entails?

Needles so say, IT's HAPPENING! (Yes, I'm excited enough to use bold and a bigger font size!)

And yes, the plant must be open given this info for those who were wondering!
Sponsored