Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
At the risk of pissing off the forum gods, this is from a thread that I just created but wasn't getting any answers. Hopefully I'll get some here. I did order GG, also.

I tried putting in an order on Saturday with Gupton and after following up with him today, Daniel sent me an email saying that the 2.0L Rubicon isn't available for order. He is doing some digging to see if that's due to a glitch or if Jeep isn't accepting 2.0 orders for 2021. Anyone have any info or speculation on this? Meat of the email is below:

"I have been trying to get some information on the 2.0L Rubicon because it isn't showing up as an option to order right now and I'm trying to find out if it is completely shut down for the rest of 2021 or if there is a glitch in the system. I will let you know ASAP when I find something out about the situation."

He did say that the 3.6s are available but are required to get the $4K Xtreme Recon upgrade.
I wonder if they're trying to clear out the non-XR Rubicon orders so as to focus on the XRs for the rest of the model year, and de-prioritizing almost every other order. That would explain all the Rubicons getting pumped out no matter the order date and options...
Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I wonder if they're trying to clear out the non-XR Rubicon orders so as to focus on the XRs for the rest of the model year, and de-prioritizing almost every other order. That would explain all the Rubicons getting pumped out no matter the order date and options...
Ugh, mine had better not get shuffled to the bottom of the deck (Rubi 4xe) so you guys can get some bigger damn tires! ;-)

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Ugh, mine had better not get shuffled to the bottom of the deck (Rubi 4xe) so you guys can get some bigger damn tires! ;-)
On the contrary -- yours might bubble to the top because it's not an XR order! Though who knows how the 4xe Rubicon shares line space with the non-4xe.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
On the contrary -- yours might bubble to the top because it's not an XR order! Though who knows how the 4xe Rubicon shares line space with the non-4xe.
I just have this vision that it's all handled by computer. The assembly person just puts on whatever the computer drops next to them, like a vending machine. If you get the 8.4 UConnect, that dash shows up and they install it. If the next unit gets the 7", that's the panel that the computer grabs and they don't even have to look at the build sheet. If your Jeep gets the 2.0L, that's the motor that is paired on the line with that color frame. IDK, but there surely has to be a method to the madness. If you get the advanced safety crap, maybe your Wrangler goes off on a side track/rail to the people who install those steering wheels and hook up that crap then it goes back in line with the rest of them for windshields? All I know is there's a Granite Crystal Rubi 4xe somewhere waiting to be assembled in Ohio. I have plenty of time to wait as most eveyone here ordered well before me anyway. I'm only at exactly 4 weeks, so I'm just hoping it comes some time in Sept.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I just have this vision that it's all handled by computer. The assembly person just puts on whatever the computer drops next to them, like a vending machine. If you get the 8.4 UConnect, that dash shows up and they install it. If the next unit gets the 7", that's the panel that the computer grabs and they don't even have to look at the build sheet. If your Jeep gets the 2.0L, that's the motor that is paired on the line with that color frame. IDK, but there surely has to be a method to the madness. If you get the advanced safety crap, maybe your Wrangler goes off on a side track/rail to the people who install those steering wheels and hook up that crap then it goes back in line with the rest of them for windshields? All I know is there's a Granite Crystal Rubi 4xe somewhere waiting to be assembled in Ohio. I have plenty of time to wait as most eveyone here ordered well before me anyway. I'm only at exactly 4 weeks, so I'm just hoping it comes some time in Sept.
I mean, the line is certainly almost completely handled by computer, but if you look at the videos of the production line, the employees check monitors before grabbing stuff, so it's not quite that automated.

Anyway, since you ordered a Rubi you'll probably get yours before what would have been mine even gets out of D. 😂😭😡

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Well you got a deal because they’re offering me almost $17k less than I would pay for it. LOL
I ran a quick check on mine, offer was 44k. My soon to be delivered JLUR-D has a MSRP right under 62k so right there with yours. I have seen the prices move steady down for selling like this over the last month.

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
GUYS
DELIVERED YESTERDAY!
I literally thought this day would never come!
76 days order to delivery.

Thank you so much for holding. I appreciate your patience. I am showing that your vehicle has been delivered to the dealer on 08/01
3:23:40 PM
Please reach out to the dealer to arrange a pickup.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
GUYS
DELIVERED YESTERDAY!
I literally thought this day would never come!
76 days order to delivery.

Thank you so much for holding. I appreciate your patience. I am showing that your vehicle has been delivered to the dealer on 08/01
3:23:40 PM
Please reach out to the dealer to arrange a pickup.
Pics or it didn’t happen 😀

Sponsored

drichard989

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08KK, 21JLU
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I got the same email, and same dates, other that the reference to the Gladiator plant closure. Odds are looking slim that we take deliver in August...
i doubt it, plus the cross country train ride. I’m also kinda regretting ordering though a semi-rural dealer, feel like even more delay getting from rail yard to lot will happen

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

i doubt it, plus the cross country train ride. I’m also kinda regretting ordering though a semi-rural dealer, feel like even more delay getting from rail yard to lot will happen
if ours are on the same train, yours should get dropped off first :)

el_guapo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper, JLU 392
My info as well if you can add to the list...
Order date: 6/3
Ship Date: n/a
Build: 392, Gorilla glass, trail cam, hardtop headliner, trailer/tow, dual doors, Granite Crystal
Update today, dealer informed me we're in D1 status with an estimated ship date of 8/21...