Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
Ouch. Sorry. :-(

I just sold them a 2016 SUV, they pick it up Wednesday. They offered me more than all the sites (KBB, NADA, EDMUNDS, TrueCar, etc) say is dealer retail. $3K more than CarMax and $6K more than local dealers offered me.
That’s great!!!

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Ouch. Sorry. :-(

I just sold them a 2016 SUV, they pick it up Wednesday. They offered me more than all the sites (KBB, NADA, EDMUNDS, TrueCar, etc) say is dealer retail. $3K more than CarMax and $6K more than local dealers offered me.
Originally I was planning to keep my 2017 Ram 1500, but I am exploring trade-in or sale. Vroom/CarMax etc came in at $36K. KBB instant buy was $32K. Dealer started at $32K. Once I know the jeep is actually in transit I will firm up the numbers. I do get a tax break based on trade in value (sales tax here is 10%) so $33K trade-in is almost equal to $36K private sale.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I am still in "D" this am. No emails from Cara, didn't receive "the email" with an ETA. Still just sitting there waiting for who the hell knows what part. Very frustrating... was hoping for some quick movement like others are seeing.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I am still in "D" this am. No emails from Cara, didn't receive "the email" with an ETA. Still just sitting there waiting for who the hell knows what part. Very frustrating... was hoping for some quick movement like others are seeing.
I only saw the estimated ship date from my dealer. Not really hearing much from Jeep Chat...I am guessing I am in D1...

Sponsored

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? 1627918798895

so if my status changed 3 days ago am I now in D1?
I got exact same respond from Swati this morning. Then checked with dealer, said estimated ship date of 8/18. Ordered 6/17. It looks like we have same timeline.

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I got exact same respond from Swati this morning. Then checked with dealer, said estimated ship date of 8/18. Ordered 6/17. It looks like we have same timeline.

Wonder if our jeeps will be on the same train! I got the same date and Im in DFW.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I ordered from Gupton, based on the distance, I'm guessing it will be delivered to dealer by truck?
No guarantee, but when I asked Daniel he said delivered by truck. And with the volume they do, I would expect pretty quick delivery, since they could fill a truck fast, assuming a truck is available.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
No guarantee, but when I asked Daniel he said delivered by truck. And with the volume they do, I would expect pretty quick delivery, since they could fill a truck fast, assuming a truck is available.
They're all delivered by truck to final. No dealership has a rail spur to crossdock and unload railcars. It's just a matter of how close the nearest yard is. I'm not saying that Gupton's don't go truck all the way, just that they ALL are delivered by truck at the end. They could rail to Memphis and from there deliver to Little Rock, Nashville, Birmingham, Huntsville. The only way to know for sure is transit time. It's probably safe to assume the longest ones go rail for sure. I'm curious about Mall of Georgia. Wonder if those rail to Atlanta then truck to final. That would greatly increase my delivery time. Once it's finally built, that is.

Sponsored

Flex_JLUR

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR
They're all delivered by truck to final. No dealership has a rail spur to crossdock and unload railcars. It's just a matter of how close the nearest yard is. I'm not saying that Gupton's don't go truck all the way, just that they ALL are delivered by truck at the end. They could rail to Memphis and from there deliver to Little Rock, Nashville, Birmingham, Huntsville. The only way to know for sure is transit time. It's probably safe to assume the longest ones go rail for sure. I'm curious about Mall of Georgia. Wonder if those rail to Atlanta then truck to final. That would greatly increase my delivery time. Once it's finally built, that is.
Mine just shipped yesterday from Toledo. Ordered from Canton, GA.

Silvertoy

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Sales manager said he is confident we'll have it by the end of the month. Fingers crossed!

Oh man, what a bummer! When did your. dealer tell you 8/18? Mind told me 8/14 today but am starting to worry if that will stick.
Originally I was planning to keep my 2017 Ram 1500, but I am exploring trade-in or sale. Vroom/CarMax etc came in at $36K. KBB instant buy was $32K. Dealer started at $32K. Once I know the jeep is actually in transit I will firm up the numbers. I do get a tax break based on trade in value (sales tax here is 10%) so $33K trade-in is almost equal to $36K private sale.
I sold my 2019 Ram to the dealer, who matched my Carmax/carvana quotes. Did that before I knew my eta would be closer to 3-4 mo, vs the quoted 3-4 weeks. Hoping we get this thing soon or I'll be driving a Camaro through the NE winter.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I sold my 2019 Ram to the dealer, who matched my Carmax/carvana quotes. Did that before I knew my eta would be closer to 3-4 mo, vs the quoted 3-4 weeks. Hoping we get this thing soon or I'll be driving a Camaro through the NE winter.
Fingers crossed you don't have to drive your Camaro in the snow.

As a trade-in do you also get a sales tax credit against the new jeep, even if there is a large time gap in trade to purchase?

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Fingers crossed you don't have to drive your Camaro in the snow.

As a trade-in do you also get a sales tax credit against the new jeep, even if there is a large time gap in trade to purchase?
In my state you have 6 months to use the sales tax credit.. I lost mine because of all the delays.
Sponsored