Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
A bit longer than it normally would? You mean a week, while they’re shut down!? I seriously think if they do this I’m out. I’m so freaking mad.
I don't know whether to talk people down or encourage them to jump at this point, but for what it's worth here's my current take:

- Wrangler (Toledo North) by all accounts is not shut down next week, only Toledo South (Gladiators). Jeep Chat is very likely confusing the two
- Wrangler (Toledo North) may be shut down today, will be interesting to see if there are status movements today to see if that rumor is true, but it should be back running Monday if so (normally closed Sundays)
- The mass emails on delivery dates which seem to range 3-5 months from order dates are likely to temper expectations and as a CYA. Chat and dealers are probably being overrun by concerned people - not just w/ Wranglers but across all their lines, and the normal moving window of 4-6 weeks, 6-8, 8-12, etc. that were being given can no longer be guaranteed (not that they were really guaranteed to begin with). Jeep is also likely uncertain about the timing of their current and future supply lines, so they mass mailed the worse case timeframes to buy them time and to give them some breathing room in case the worst supply line scenario they see happening happens. Hopefully that will not be the case.
Sponsored

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
I just contacted JC, Mathew, who is always an asshole let me know that the plant is shut down, my Jeep is awaiting installation of additional components, and to contact them back after August 9th. I asked him why they shut down. He said due to microchip shortage. I said mine has a microchip so why can’t it move forward. He said because he plant is shut down. I said why would they shut down areas of the plant that are not affected by the microchip shortage. He said because they did. He again suggested I contact them after Aug 9. I told him the only contact I was making was with my dealer to cancel the order. He immediately ended the chat.

I texted my dealer, told him what was happening and that I was canceling. He immediately called me (while driving home from vacation) and tried to talk me off the ledge. He thinks that the “JB area” is not part of the actual plant/line and they will likely be open. He doesn’t think JC knows anything beyond their canned responses. He is going to look into it and call me Monday. We shall see. Regardless, this ruins the experience of purchasing my first ever Wrangler, and I’m not sure it won’t ruin the experience I expected once I get it. Super bummed. 😢

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I don't know whether to talk people down or encourage them to jump at this point, but for what it's worth here's my current take:

- Wrangler (Toledo North) by all accounts is not shut down next week, only Toledo South (Gladiators). Jeep Chat is very likely confusing the two
- Wrangler (Toledo North) may be shut down today, will be interesting to see if there are status movements today to see if that rumor is true, but it should be back running Monday if so (normally closed Sundays)
- The mass emails on delivery dates which seem to range 3-5 months from order dates are likely to temper expectations and as a CYA. Chat and dealers are probably being overrun by concerned people - not just w/ Wranglers but across all their lines, and the normal moving window of 4-6 weeks, 6-8, 8-12, etc. that were being given can no longer be guaranteed (not that they were really guaranteed to begin with). Jeep is also likely uncertain about the timing of their current and future supply lines, so they mass mailed the worse case timeframes to buy them time and to give them some breathing room in case the worst supply line scenario they see happening happens. Hopefully that will not be the case.
Yeah, I tend to share your reasoning and the logic here. Upper management is probably getting bombarded by complaints from JC workers who are joining AA on a daily basis. They probably make them use canned responses so they can't vent back at us! "OMFG, didn't you just message me this morning about your Jeep? Yeah? And what did I tell you then? Well nothing has changed! If you contact me again inside of a week I swear I'll come through this monitor and go full-retard on your ass!"

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Also, I haven’t received an email from anyone related to Jeep for at least 4 days and that was from Cara telling me my status changed to inspection, where it had been for 4 days. Soooo...why didn’t I get an email????

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Also, I haven’t received an email from anyone related to Jeep for at least 4 days and that was from Cara telling me my status changed to inspection, where it had been for 4 days. Soooo...why didn’t I get an email????
Maybe her microprocessor broke and she's shut down until another one comes in 😁

Sponsored

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have not received the email yet either an no email update from CARA (can’t answer really anything) since the initial 3 days ago. Others that ordered close to my time and in SoCal got an email with a 9/30 date. Hoping that means mine is sooner but not holding my breath.

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just reached Jacklyn from JC. I could not take what Mathew said seriously and needed confirmation. Jacklyn said Toledo South (“where your vehicle is being built”) is shut down 8/2-8/9. ALL vehicles being built there are affected by the shut down. NO areas are open/functioning.

I’m canceling. DUNZO. It actually makes me want to buy a Bronco. At least you know your actual timeline there. What a huge disappointment this has been.

So much conflicting information….https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/chip-shortage-hits-jeep-gladiator-output

JL4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I just reached Jacklyn from JC. I could not take what Mathew said seriously and needed confirmation. Jacklyn said Toledo South (“where your vehicle is being built”) is shut down 8/2-8/9. ALL vehicles being built there are affected by the shut down. NO areas are open/functioning.

I’m canceling. DUNZO. It actually makes me want to buy a Bronco. At least you know your actual timeline there. What a huge disappointment this has been.

So much conflicting information….https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/chip-shortage-hits-jeep-gladiator-output
Toledo South is where Gladiators are built and North is for Wranglers. I wouldn’t trust what they’re telling you.

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
If you got a letter check with your dealer - just got this which doesn’t fit the letter timeline.

Just checked it’s in D1 shows estimated ship date 8-18

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR

JC are idiots. Toledo South is the Gladiator line, Wranglers are in North. Your jeep (or dealer's now?) will likely ship Mon. or Tues. Don't let the JC people affect your mentality, they know nothing. They are only good for one thing (and only sometimes that) - giving you your summarized status. Anything beyond that is to be taken with a grain of salt at best.

Sponsored

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toledo South is where Gladiators are built and North is for Wranglers. I wouldn’t trust what they’re telling you.
There is conflicting info about what is built where on the internet. I also jUST got an email from Cara letting me know that the plant will be shut down 8/2-8/9 and she is well aware that I have a Wrangler on order. I escalated at least 2 weeks ago. NO ONE can tell my why a microchip shortage affects vehicles that already have their microchips. I’m furious.

JL4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
There is conflicting info about what is built where on the internet. I also jUST got an email from Cara letting me know that the plant will be shut down 8/2-8/9 and she is well aware that I have a Wrangler on order. I escalated at least 2 weeks ago. NO ONE can tell my why a microchip shortage affects vehicles that already have their microchips. I’m furious.
Regarding assembly plants, this is directly from their site:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/chryslerme...P_Manufacturing3i43o019ekrk7fln4t74b4ioli.pdf

Linked from here:https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=339

The Detroit News article stated: “Production of Jeep's flagship Wrangler SUV, which is built at Toledo North Assembly Plant, will continue.”

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regarding assembly plants, this is directly from their site:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/chryslerme...P_Manufacturing3i43o019ekrk7fln4t74b4ioli.pdf

Linked from here:https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=339

The Detroit News article stated: “Production of Jeep's flagship Wrangler SUV, which is built at Toledo North Assembly Plant, will continue.”
Why on God’s green earth would they tell people with Wranglers that it won’t continue, or that their Jeep is being made in the South plant?? I’m completely confused by this company, their communication, and their choices. I’ll stick it out until Mon/Tues. Surely some movement by then. Thanks for the links.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Microchip could be a catch all term. I had a Ford Transit that just got delivered after a total of 3 months extension of the delivery date.
The item that held it up was a small 400 W inverter under the passenger seat. It was included in a package I wanted.
Unfortunately this inverter was also included in another much more popular package and the uptake of that one caught Ford and consequently the supplier by surprise.
So try ramping up production of an inverter you scheduled for say 1,000 units to 5,000 units during COVID where everything is being grabbed, allocated, produced at an all of a sudden rapid pace.
We’ve seen wood products in short supply. I work in a laboratory and see shortages of the most crazy things like plastic caps, wooden applicators, plastic cups, etc…
So my van was delayed by a small part I didn’t even care about made by a small supplier that got overwhelmed at the worst time. The van was not scheduled for production for months and when finally produced sat in a lot by the factory for a few weeks waiting for this part to ship and essentially get connected and screwed down.
Who knows Jeep’s strategy going through this? Will they produce and park vehicles missing things? Will they shut down the line because they anticipate getting supply soon? It’s a logistical nightmare and someone has to make the big decisions and there is a lot of responsibility associated with it.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
If you got a letter check with your dealer - just got this which doesn’t fit the letter timeline.

Just checked it’s in D1 shows estimated ship date 8-18
I hope that’s true for you! Maybe mine will flip in the next few days too now that yours has moved. 8-18 is much more reasonable!

ETA: I still haven’t gotten a letter like yours and @drichard989’s. Don’t know if that’s a good sign or a bad sign…
Sponsored