Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
Yes, I actually got escalated a bit ago, and got my Cara email shortly after.

As @GATORB8 mentioned, calling in will get you to a live person (probably in the US) who can actually look into the escalation ticket for you and tell you if there's anything there. I discovered this on Tuesday, and the person I spoke with then noted that there was no indication that Cara had actually, you know, done anything with my case. So fat lot of good that did (not that I expected it)...

Interestingly they seem to use the same system or have the same code-to-text translation sheet as the Jeep Chat people because she read exactly the same text as Jeep Chat gives for "D".
I just had a frank convo with Emily from JC. I am over this nonsense. Day 5 in inspection. Cara emailed me to let me know I was in I YESTERDAY. Emily kept referring me back to Caraā€¦sorry Emily - Cara doesnā€™t respond to my emails/questions. I asked who I am supposed to talk to if Emily doesnā€™t know and Cara wonā€™t respondā€¦Emily says ā€œCara.ā€ Itā€™s an effing carousel of madness! I said that I understand she is just responding how she was trained, but this is ridiculous and I need answers. She ā€assuredā€œ me that she will pass my concerns on to Cara. I mean I feel like Iā€™m losing my mind!!!

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
I always have to call him, I don't think he's ever reached out to me on his own. I do call the main dealership line and 9/10 times (unless it's Friday) he picks up and has always answered all my questions, I never felt like he was trying to get me off the phone. Emails take at least a day and usually two so I just started calling him.
I second that!!!!!!...Unless I call I get nothing, luckily I was in no hurry or or else I would have been a little more concerned--that my ordering dealer would not even reach out weekly via email for an update which would prevent numerous phone calls, as they should know how crazy anxious we are to get our Jeeps built and delivered? Rant over for now :clap:

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I queried JC last night, had a deep convo with Emily, and went to bed disappointed - AGAIN. Woke up this morning and decided Iā€™m going to query them anytime I want because Iā€™m over this nonsense. This morning Sarah tells me that my Jeep is built and pending installation of additional equipment. So NEW status this morning.

Does that mean a) they decided to lie to me so I would stop bothering them for a little while and Iā€™m still actually waiting for inspection b) they said ā€œfine we just wonā€™t inspect it - send it throughā€ or c) it indeed finished inspection last night after my meltdown w/ JC?

Anyone? šŸ¤£šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜³

DarealUSA

First Name
Kolja
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So I queried JC last night, had a deep convo with Emily, and went to bed disappointed - AGAIN. Woke up this morning and decided Iā€™m going to query them anytime I want because Iā€™m over this nonsense. This morning Sarah tells me that my Jeep is built and pending installation of additional equipment. So NEW status this morning.

Does that mean a) they decided to lie to me so I would stop bothering them for a little while and Iā€™m still actually waiting for inspection b) they said ā€œfine we just wonā€™t inspect it - send it throughā€ or c) it indeed finished inspection last night after my meltdown w/ JC?

The answer is always D).

Seriously though, believe it positive change. I'm sure your Jeep is making progress. They are not competent enough to have some sophisticated scheme of lying and deceiving specific customers based on actual interaction and reaction.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe

I wonder if we had the same issue that caused the long inspection. Got the same update as you this morning, sounds like we're in JB!

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The answer is always D).

Seriously though, believe it positive change. I'm sure your Jeep is making progress. They are not competent enough to have some sophisticated scheme of lying and deceiving specific customers based on actual interaction and reaction.
I may have just spit my coffee out! šŸ¤£

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR

That should be JB status and that's a good thing! I can guarantee you nothing you said to Jeep Chat made any difference out there at the plant, chat can barely read status descriptions and has zero influence on the process let alone even understands it.

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That should be JB status and that's a good thing! I can guarantee you nothing you said to Jeep Chat made any difference out there at the plant, chat can barely read status descriptions and has zero influence on the process let alone even understands it.
So then do we have to go BACK to I? Or do we just go to KZ? How long have people been spending in JB? Please donā€™t say FOREVERā€¦.PLEEEEASE.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I was told in the 392 thread production for wranglers is stopping Saturday. The chip shortage finally has reached our beloved Wranglers. Just days before mine was to be built.

edit: looks like gladiator is getting shut down but they may be shutting down regular production one time a week per week or something like that

Last edited:

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I was told in the 392 thread production for wranglers is stopping Saturday. The chip shortage finally has reached our beloved Wranglers. Just days before mine was to be built.
I would assume if you were in D1 ā€œall parts receivedā€ that yours would get built.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner