Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't you remove GG? Wonder if that screwed things up??
That's my suspicion. At least one day I'll be driving my Jeep in some beautiful part of the country never thinking this again🙏😄😎
Sponsored

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer tells me my jeep is in transit, Jeep Chat tells me -

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. At this time we can suggest checking back in a week or so for an update on your order. Congratulations again on the purchase! We appreciate having you in the family!

I wonder what the actual status is....
God I hope this is what's happening with mine🙏

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
Dealer tells me my jeep is in transit, Jeep Chat tells me -

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. At this time we can suggest checking back in a week or so for an update on your order. Congratulations again on the purchase! We appreciate having you in the family!

I wonder what the actual status is....
Jeep chat always says your dealer has more up to date information. 🤷‍♀️

Sponsored

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Above comment has me thinking - I ordered on 6/8 and then added color matched fenders on the 15th. I wonder if that resets my time somehow or messes up the scheduling to a point the system can’t pick it up.

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
I think I saw a few of these flipped like this. Wonder if that’s when we’ll see the next big section of us go.
My first ship date was blown out of the water by GG. My second was 7/20 then moved to 7/28. I have no idea when it’s supposed to ship now. It’s been in inspection for 5 days today. It’s almost to the point of being comical.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
I think I'm at 80 days in D and 84 days since order. This sucks. I'm on the spreadsheet as D1 but my dealer keeps telling me I'm in D still, so who knows
What does Jeep Chat say? At one point I believe you said the dealer had you down for 7/27 which would normally mean you're scheduled D1, but I'm now thinking that during early July because of GG delays some reps were giving dealers penciled in dates while people were still technically in D so who knows. I'll put you back into D.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer confirmed still in "D' for me and JC says the same. 51 days since order. No changes made. Was waiting on GG and Gecko paint both of which seem to be now moving for some. Escalated and got the automated CARA email yesterday. No other updates. The wait goes on.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
GG was added as an option on the May order / build sheets.

The glass was not available at the factory until the first week of July.

The factory was closed for general maintenance the week of July 12th.

Many GG orders were built the week of 7-19 and are continuing to be built. We took delivery of ours on the 7-23.

I don't think the GG is still a scheduling issue.

If I had to make another order today, I would absolutely order the Gorilla Glass.
This.

Half doors were delayed, Nacho was delayed, Hydro blue, Gecko, 4Xe, 392, etc. Jeep starts taking order before they introduce it into production but once they introduced, Jeep generally start churning them out.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
What does Jeep Chat say? At one point I believe you said the dealer had you down for 7/27 which would normally mean you're scheduled D1, but I'm now thinking that during early July because of GG delays some reps were giving dealers penciled in dates while people were still technically in D so who knows. I'll put you back into D.
Jeep Chat is saying all parts are gathered and should enter production soon, I actually didn’t even try to escalate and she escalated it for me lol. She agreed that 80 days was excessive since my VIN generated. Dealer hasn’t responded to my last message , but last week they confirmed I’m still in D

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I always have to call him, I don't think he's ever reached out to me on his own. I do call the main dealership line and 9/10 times (unless it's Friday) he picks up and has always answered all my questions, I never felt like he was trying to get me off the phone. Emails take at least a day and usually two so I just started calling him.
I have found communication spotty. He occasionally emails to let me know status change but agreed he is not fast to respond to emails. However, he does respond and appears to be honest. Phone wise, I have had him answer the phone but have never had my phone messsge returned. This latter fact has been the most frustrating. However, their pricing is good and I am sure they are busy as a smallish high volume dealer.

Incidentally, I got my window sticker from crypto stickers this morning. Don’t know what that means vis a vis delivery timing, but it is progress I guess.
Good to know it's not just me!

I realize it sounded like I have been pestering him -- really, I've asked for an update four times since I ordered 49 days ago, and I haven't tried to call since we were in the ordering process (but I could never get him on the phone then, and he never returned my phone messages either). And anyway, it's not like he can actually tell me anything while I'm still in D. But if my vehicle ever does get scheduled/built/shipped -- or worse, hangs out in D for another month or two! -- I'm glad to know calling is a reasonable option.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Good to know it's not just me!

I realize it sounded like I have been pestering him -- really, I've asked for an update four times since I ordered 49 days ago, and I haven't tried to call since we were in the ordering process (but I could never get him on the phone then, and he never returned my phone messages either). And anyway, it's not like he can actually tell me anything while I'm still in D. But if my vehicle ever does get scheduled/built/shipped -- or worse, hangs out in D for another month or two! -- I'm glad to know calling is a reasonable option.
Did you ever get it escalated w/ chat? You're past the 45 day mark they usually give. Not that it'll do any good but at least it's something that adds to the entertainment. You'll also likely get to meet:

C.A.R.A (Creates Automated Robot Answers)

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Did you ever get it escalated w/ chat? You're past the 45 day mark they usually give. Not that it'll do any good but at least it's something that adds to the entertainment. You'll also likely get to meet:

C.A.R.A (Creates Automated Robot Answers)
Yes, I actually got escalated a bit ago, and got my Cara email shortly after.

As @GATORB8 mentioned, calling in will get you to a live person (probably in the US) who can actually look into the escalation ticket for you and tell you if there's anything there. I discovered this on Tuesday, and the person I spoke with then noted that there was no indication that Cara had actually, you know, done anything with my case. So fat lot of good that did (not that I expected it)...

Interestingly they seem to use the same system or have the same code-to-text translation sheet as the Jeep Chat people because she read exactly the same text as Jeep Chat gives for "D".
Sponsored