Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Do you have an ETA?

Jeep chat tells me on way to dealer (Tri-City!) but no ETA. I may be on a later train assuming it has indeed left as I have my doubts.
No just the window of 8-7 - 8-16 from chat, I haven't reached back out to Tri-City yet for what they say.

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Chat did not tell me a date so am guessing that means my Jeep missed the train. Sigh.
I would call the dealer jeep chat can be kind of flaky, today was the first ETA they have provided yesterday was no ETA.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Hang in there man, things have to break loose here for you any day now. You've waited this long, reward yourself with patience to see it through. You'll be so glad you did in the end. Pass the time by getting your garage all geared up and ready (if it isn't already). Scratch tick marks on the drywall as each day passes!
We've been saying we'll get scheduled "this week" for four weeks now. At this point I'd rather not get my hopes up. It's the hope that gets you. At this point I won't be surprised if mine's one that takes 90+ days just to get to build. Or even one that's delayed six months and isn't built until 03 December (at which point, just... no, not interested).

There seems to be something going on in the scheduling for the 6/8-6/12 order dates. It's like it got to 6/8 and stopped, then skipped over most of you guys. It did something similar around the 5/15-5/20 group, and then at the last second they scheduled all of us (except poor @Frank.. :() into the same timeframe as they scheduled all the other ones. Seems to be no rhyme or reason, I don't see anything in common with you guys but then again not everyone listed all their specs. Hoping they schedule you guys very soon and into the first week of Aug which is where they probably would have scheduled you if they had weeks ago.
Yes, it's like we're in a vortex or something, and it feels sort of personal at this point. Obviously, rationally, I know it's not, it's just a shitty, inscrutable scheduling algorithm probably written by unpaid interns from the local community college at some point in 1993 that everyone there is scared to touch now.

At this point I'd be happy to be on the schedule in the second or third week of August. At least then I'd know I'll get it by the week after Labor Day.

I'll be curious to hear the experiences of delivery at Tri-City (@PocketsEmptied, @SuboneWH, @Luvwine). Has the communication been better after D1/during building/shipping than it was during D purgatory? (He consistently takes two business days to respond to my emails, dunno about yours, and I have never been able to get him on the phone using the dealership's phone.)

Last edited:

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I was trying to check to see if the Mopar Aux switch kit works with the 4xe yesterday and Quadratec gave me the phone number for Jeep Customer Care, it’s 877-426-5337. One of the options is check on your build. If that option is automated, you can just do the “something else” option. I used that to try to check on fitment (they can’t actually help with that) and reached a real live person that was able to pull my status. May be a better option for those of you in escalation.

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
Any educated guesses on delivery time if I ordered today? Dealer said 4-6wks but I think he pulled the time out of his ass just to close a deal.
Thoughts?

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
4 -6 weeks is what I was told as well 2 weeks ago when I ordered mine. They asked me if I wanted gorilla glass and I declined. I want my jeep before the snow flies ya know. Besides, jeeps survived without gg for all these years ....my jeep will be fine too.

Sponsored

J&L'sJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
People are waiting soooo long for this option. Was it worth it folks!...

GG was added as an option on the May order / build sheets.

The glass was not available at the factory until the first week of July.

The factory was closed for general maintenance the week of July 12th.

Many GG orders were built the week of 7-19 and are continuing to be built. We took delivery of ours on the 7-23.

I don't think the GG is still a scheduling issue. I think there are other parts holding up the line now.

If I had to make another order today, I would absolutely order the Gorilla Glass. We replaced the windshield on our '18 four times and it could have been seven.

Regular JL windshields are the worst I've seen. We have three other vehicles that travel the same roads and in the same conditions and only have had one chip in that amount of time. The GG can only be better and for $95 is a no brainer.

Last edited:

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
I'll be curious to hear the experiences of delivery at Tri-City (@PocketsEmptied, @SuboneWH, @Luvwine). Has the communication been better after D1/during building/shipping than it was during D purgatory? (He consistently takes two business days to respond to my emails, dunno about yours, and I have never been able to get him on the phone using the dealership's phone.)
I always have to call him, I don't think he's ever reached out to me on his own. I do call the main dealership line and 9/10 times (unless it's Friday) he picks up and has always answered all my questions, I never felt like he was trying to get me off the phone. Emails take at least a day and usually two so I just started calling him.

Roody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR order cancelled; 2012 Wrangler
Today, via Beth-Anne @ JeepChat: Still in the same phase ("[...] all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."). 8 days in this phase now.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Today, via Beth-Anne @ JeepChat: Still in the same phase ("[...] all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."). 8 days in this phase now.
You'll be in this same status until right around your build date of 8/10, so don't expect it to change unless you regress to D.

J33pgrl

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX STI
Any update on your build? I have the dual door group and it seems to be the holdup. Did you get premium uppers or sailcloth?
No, nothing yet.
I ordered the premium uppers.
Sponsored