Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I just got an email from Cara updating me on my Jeep‘s status. She says I’m now awaiting inspection. Uh, Cara - I’ve been awaiting inspection for 4 days. Escalation is a real wing dinger! 🤦‍♀️
Yes, but now you're out of super-secret inspection and in real world, maybe they'll get to it when they find it, kind of inspection. I hear they have their best guy on it!
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? monkey working on car
Sponsored

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Still in D, day 48. Still angry/frustrated/disappointed.

The dealer says "it's gorilla glass!" when I know damn good and well it's not at this point. I asked him if he can do anything from his end and radio silence.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. Over the past few days I have found myself getting angry whenever YouTube recommended a 4xe video or whenever I see a Jeep of any kind in the wild, which is not a good sign...

I realized that the only thing actually driving me to make a decision right now was the fact that I had electricians scheduled for an EVSE install next Monday. I'm not anywhere near ready to go full electric, so unless I get the 4xe I don't need an EVSE and can save that $1600+. So I rescheduled the installation for after Labor Day, and that has made me somewhat less anxious.

I did find two orders very similar to mine (only differences were colors and SOT/black HT vs body-color HT) that both got their build sheets yesterday, one from 11 May (78 days) and one from 04 June (54 days). So they can build them...

My dealer has given me - “its the…” Color (hydro), Glass, Diesel, Colored top, Front camera, and (now) dual doors w/ premium uppers. The don’t have a clue. Drives me bonkers!

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
I just got an email from Cara updating me on my Jeep‘s status. She says I’m now awaiting inspection. Uh, Cara - I’ve been awaiting inspection for 4 days. Escalation is a real wing dinger! 🤦‍♀️
Interestingly I got an email from Cara today saying my Jeep has entered shipping status, although it entered that 3 days ago and has been on a train for 2. I think the robot needs a little oil.

Sponsored

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
What all went up in price? My build sheet is available but no window sticker.
I haven't looked into it but a few hundred dollar difference from my Quoted price when I ordered versus my Sticker.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Still in D, day 48. Still angry/frustrated/disappointed.

The dealer says "it's gorilla glass!" when I know damn good and well it's not at this point. I asked him if he can do anything from his end and radio silence.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. Over the past few days I have found myself getting angry whenever YouTube recommended a 4xe video or whenever I see a Jeep of any kind in the wild, which is not a good sign...

I realized that the only thing actually driving me to make a decision right now was the fact that I had electricians scheduled for an EVSE install next Monday. I'm not anywhere near ready to go full electric, so unless I get the 4xe I don't need an EVSE and can save that $1600+. So I rescheduled the installation for after Labor Day, and that has made me somewhat less anxious.

I did find two orders very similar to mine (only differences were colors and SOT/black HT vs body-color HT) that both got their build sheets yesterday, one from 11 May (78 days) and one from 04 June (54 days). So they can build them...
There seems to be something going on in the scheduling for the 6/8-6/12 order dates. It's like it got to 6/8 and stopped, then skipped over most of you guys. It did something similar around the 5/15-5/20 group, and then at the last second they scheduled all of us (except poor @Frank.. :() into the same timeframe as they scheduled all the other ones. Seems to be no rhyme or reason, I don't see anything in common with you guys but then again not everyone listed all their specs. Hoping they schedule you guys very soon and into the first week of Aug which is where they probably would have scheduled you if they had weeks ago.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Finally actually received a an ETA to dealer from Jeep chat:
Current Dealer ETA is 08/07/2021 - 08/16/2021. Please reach out to the Selling Dealer as they may have a more accurate date of arrival for you. 🧐
Still plan on checking Jeep chat often just to see the different answers I get, :giggle: and have dealer confirm.
I might be in a train car in front of yours then, my window is 8/4-8/16 as of this morning (these ranges change often so mine might actually be the same as yours now). It left Toledo yesterday @9:40 AM. I'm assuming yours is going to Eden as well? Let me know if that window changes and I'll do the same. Seriously betting we're being pulled by the same engine👍

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
I might be in a train car in front of yours then, my window is 8/4-8/16 as of this morning (these ranges change often so mine might actually be the same as yours now). It left Toledo yesterday @9:40 AM. I'm assuming yours is going to Eden as well? Let me know if that window changes and I'll do the same. Seriously betting we're being pulled by the same engine👍
how to you tell when it left the yard? is that info from the dealer?

Sponsored

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
how to you tell when it left the yard? is that info from the dealer?
Yes. Jeep chat will only have the delivery window, none of the details that your dealer can access. Apparently there's even a system for the rail cars your dealer can use to see last RFID scans of the train cars, etc. As those happen your delivery window can change as well.

Silvertoy

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Still in D.... wondering which item might be holding it up now?
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? IMG_1348~2

Last edited:

Chaz442

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S Gecko
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Guys and Gals, I have been lurking here since June 17th when I ordered my 2 Door Hydro Willys. I am also still stuck in D and I ordered the GG and the Heritage Tan interior. I've talked to my dealer and he has no clue when it will arrive. I am on the edge of bailing, and going to pick up a Freedom JL at a local dealer that is on the lot.

A side note, he had another special order placed on June 2nd for a Gecko Green Strip 2 Door without Air and without power windows and locks. That Jeep is arriving at the dealer this week.

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Yes Tri-City in Eden. 👍

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I hate y’all, still in I
Sponsored