Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
This absolutely F*ed with my head.

712B3D3E-A91C-415D-A2D8-5F473F6E2C0C.png
You should confirm with your dealer. This is Jeep Chat double talk but I *think* someone reported they got this message and then was told they were in D1. I could be misremembering.
Sponsored

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
You should confirm with your dealer. This is Jeep Chat double talk but I *think* someone reported they got this message and then was told they were in D1. I could be misremembering.
Still in D via dealer. It’ll change..soon (knock on wood).

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Call your bluff? Why would they care if you cancel your order? The reality is your Jeep will still be built and your dealer will just sell it to someone else. My order went in 5/4 and still hasn't been built.
Maybe if word gets out that their process is broken then people will be more hesitant to do special orders? I honestly don't know what would improve their process other than a severe backlash from those of us special ordering. In reality, they hold all of the cards and I don't know how we could impact or affect the process short of something like a 60 minutes or Fox News special on the topic. Supply & Demand are not on our side as the people who placed special orders, especially since many of us received significant discounts on the sale price compared to those who just buy off the lot. I'm certain there is SOME kind of method to the order flow, we just don't know what it is. There's absolutely no organization out there that wants orders to languish in a preorder status before going to build. You have to know that Jeep is keeping stats on this stuff as a part of their bargaining chip against the unions when they ask for more money. Jeep will just pull this status and time in preplanning or preorder and days until fulfillment to use in their favor when negotiating with the union. So, despite the delay or wait, I'm relatively certain it is NOT because of a lack of care or concern, but more of a logistics and parts allocation/fulfillment situation. Possibly also putting orders together based on region or delivery location.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Maybe if word gets out that their process is broken then people will be more hesitant to do special orders? I honestly don't know what would improve their process other than a severe backlash from those of us special ordering. In reality, they hold all of the cards and I don't know how we could impact or affect the process short of something like a 60 minutes or Fox News special on the topic. Supply & Demand are not on our side as the people who placed special orders, especially since many of us received significant discounts on the sale price compared to those who just buy off the lot. I'm certain there is SOME kind of method to the order flow, we just don't know what it is. There's absolutely no organization out there that wants orders to languish in a preorder status before going to build. You have to know that Jeep is keeping stats on this stuff as a part of their bargaining chip against the unions when they ask for more money. Jeep will just pull this status and time in preplanning or preorder and days until fulfillment to use in their favor when negotiating with the union. So, despite the delay or wait, I'm relatively certain it is NOT because of a lack of care or concern, but more of a logistics and parts allocation/fulfillment situation. Possibly also putting orders together based on region or delivery location.
… or configuration, tooling, color even, maybe.

DarealUSA

First Name
Kolja
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

The short (and sad) answer is we don't change Jeeps behavior. There is almost no incentive to them. Think about it economically: How much more money could Jeep possibly earn if they implemented a few million dollars worth of software and process improvements?

Their cars are already in high demand and a status symbol. The number of people who do factory orders is very large and the majority of them is probably still quite happy with the process.

There is maybe a small chance that you can create some form of grass-roots momentum that over time erodes the brand perception and appeal but I highly doubt that.

In the end, I prefer Jeep making good economic decisions than to cater to the whims of a few, loyal but also obnoxious buyers who want to be babied through the manufacturing process.

P.S.: I ordered 5/23 and currently spend $1,000 on a rental each month because of this mess...

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
… or configuration, tooling, color even, maybe.
Absolutely, all of those things. With the amount of options and variations I would think there has to be some sort of planning that takes into account location, model, color, engine, trim, add-ons, etc, so they can plan parts and shipping needs, staffing and parts at the vendors. Then there are probably specialty runs for the truly unique one-offs. Who the f knows? Last thing they want are pissed off fans.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Absolutely, all of those things. With the amount of options and variations I would think there has to be some sort of planning that takes into account location, model, color, engine, trim, add-ons, etc, so they can plan parts and shipping needs, staffing and parts at the vendors. Then there are probably specialty runs for the truly unique one-offs. Who the f knows? Last thing they want are pissed off fans.
Or bomb threats… ridiculous.

Have faith folks! We more or less leaped a so-called pandemic, waiting for a vehicle/toy shouldnt be too bad.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I have done a factory order in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and now 2021. the process has always been like this. when I ordered my 2017 my dealer was frustrated as they were in the dark quite a bit. for my JL orders it seems the dealers at least have decent status codes but still no tracking once "shipped". I had one order that was assumed "lost". was put on a train, then a few weeks later it was not able to be located. after over a month they found it in a train car in a depot lol. the dealer already placed another order.

ecnrsfm_3hnds

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
personally, I’m thinking profit-margin perhaps? I know at my local GM plant Caddy’s started getting pushed out even in front of Canaria last year.

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I have done a factory order in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and now 2021. the process has always been like this. when I ordered my 2017 my dealer was frustrated as they were in the dark quite a bit. for my JL orders it seems the dealers at least have decent status codes but still no tracking once "shipped". I had one order that was assumed "lost". was put on a train, then a few weeks later it was not able to be located. after over a month they found it in a train car in a depot lol. the dealer already placed another order.
See, I'd be totally content with rail car numbers. I used to work in logistics and intermodal container freight was my area. I can track a rail car. They get scanned into the system when the train goes by check points and are easily tracked.

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Today's update, via Emily (same rep as yesterday):

"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.
10:37:56 AM
Me
Can I escalate today?
I was told today is the day at which I can
10:38:58 AM
Emily
I am showing we are on track with the order we are not longer waiting for parts and now waiting for the order to be built we would be still within the time frame for the order.
10:39:33 AM
I would need to recommend chatting back in next week for another update on the order
10:39:50 AM
Me
ok... just for clarification, how many weeks is expected to be from order to delivery?
10:40:17 AM
Emily
6 to 8 weeks would be the time frame
10:40:59 AM
Me
today is 6 weeks, 1 day. if it shipped today it would be 8 weeks or so is my understanding.
10:41:07 AM
doesn't that put it behind schedule?
10:41:24 AM
and being that it hasn't yet been build, it's behind schedule
10:41:52 AM
Emily
Were closed for one week for retooling this would have set us behind we are working on orders
10:42:06 AM
Emily
That is correct it would only be happening if the materials have not been received
10:43:18 AM"

Tried to pry/prod a bit to get some answers that would hopefully help everyone on here. My status seems consistent with yesterday, at least. Holding out hope that it keeps moving forward.
I had Beth-Anne
She said that I cannot escalate because the week the plant was shut down does not count towards the days until you can escalate.
Also....
"We wouldn't escalate at 30 days as it is typical for the order to be in the status prior to the build.
Once it does start the build it moves very quickly"

I asked if it was in the 6-8 week time frame and she said yes but I am literally at 9 weeks..

I then asked if it was normal to be in D1 for 30 days and she just stopped responding so :headbang:

I'm not even mad I am just disappointed that every single Jeep Chat rep has told me something different.

Gwagwv

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, 21 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Emailed Daniel @Gupton and received an Estimated ship date of 8/5. Used Jeep Chat beforehand and chatted w/ Matthew, who said "still gathering parts."

DarealUSA

First Name
Kolja
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well, I got a build sheet as of today. Ship/build date is 7/26 as of before the week of shutdown. Looking promising…
Sponsored