Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
WAIT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

08 JULY!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT officially makes me extremely angry. Like, bordering on actual rage.

A month after my order, you have a build date, I still do not (just checked). And now they're planning into the week of 09 August. I just told the chat rep that if I don't have a ship date of 12 August or before by VERY EARLY next week I'm going to proceed with cancelling my order.

Go on, Jeep, call my bluff.
Iā€™m going to bet yours is already moving and/or itā€™s just going to show up shipped. Saprtis went straight into paint yesterday (no framing) and is KZ today. Crazy!
Sponsored

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
WAIT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

08 JULY!!!!!!!!!!!

A month after my order, you have a build date, I still do not (just checked). And now they're planning into the week of 09 August. I just told the chat rep that if I don't have a ship date of 12 August or before by VERY EARLY next week I'm going to proceed with cancelling my order.

I'm with ya. 6/8 here and still in D. Drives me crazy how none of the ordering makes sense (at least to us common folk)

Iā€™m going to bet yours is already moving and/or itā€™s just going to show up shipped. Saprtis went straight into paint yesterday (no framing) and is KZ today. Crazy!
Hope youre right. Hoping its just a shitty Jeep system.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
This is so exciting to see all you early-mid-May orders get moving. Wish I would have not removed GG from my order since I'm no further along.

(You all are invited to my pity party, BYOB, no gifts please) šŸ˜›

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
WAIT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

08 JULY!!!!!!!!!!!

Call your bluff? Why would they care if you cancel your order? The reality is your Jeep will still be built and your dealer will just sell it to someone else. My order went in 5/4 and still hasn't been built.

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Call your bluff? Why would they care if you cancel your order? The reality is your Jeep will still be built and your dealer will just sell it to someone else. My order went in 5/4 and still hasn't been built.

I would tend to agree but even my dealership told me to threaten to cancel. They said a customer of a sold unit threatening to cancel gets more attention than anything. Maybe old school thoughts still be around even though there is a shortage of vehicles and a abundance of buyers.

Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I would tend to agree but even my dealership told me to threaten to cancel. They said a customer of a sold unit threatening to cancel gets more attention than anything. Maybe old school thoughts still be around even though there is a shortage of vehicles and a abundance of buyers.
That may be, but I somehow doubt the Jeep Chat rep is going to do anything about it or care. Not sure who you should make that threat to though.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Yeah @OutlawBeard... you and @nkyjeep are the oldest builds on the tracker and technically since you ordered on 5/4 and added GG on 5/7 that makes YOU officially the one with the right to totally enraged. (says me! LOL)

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
You're right on that, they probably won't care, because in 2021 they can't make Jeeps fast enough. That won't always be the case, of course, especially if they have real competition for the Wrangler. But it's certainly the case in 2021.

Look, I'm glad that you're able to wait with the patience of a saint. May your waiting be rewarded with the most reliable Jeep ever built.

I'm just about done with the inscrutability, irrationality (from the outside), and complete lack of fairness of the whole damn thing, though.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
That may be, but I somehow doubt the Jeep Chat rep is going to do anything about it or care. Not sure who you should make that threat to though.
I expect it will go into the escalated case via Jeep Chat. I don't think anyone but the dealer can actually cancel the order, anyway.

Sponsored

aronslusa

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
My dealer sent an update this morning that my Jeep has been sent to the body vendor. build will be finished there, then inspection, then shipping. so I am still a few weeks out is my guess. no word on any price changes. I assume that will wait for window sticker / invoice being created.
1270 increase from sticker / 1162 from invoice from the order placed to the new POC that it has now in D1 status.
We've been seeing it quite a bit lately on any order we place... the ordering guide online doesn't have the prices or something dumb like that, and we're supposed to reference an order manual..... but then why not just update the online ordering that shows pricing on everything?

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I ordered a Rubi 4xe 7/16 after seeing the chatter that GG orders were starting to move. Dealer updated me this morning that I am in D1, build date 8/5. Fingers crossed that holds. That is about the same timeline that my 2019JLUR followed.

I would bet all of you earlier orders will be moving along quickly, hopefully the system just hasn't updated yet.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I expect it will go into the escalated case via Jeep Chat. I don't think anyone but the dealer can actually cancel the order, anyway.
I tried to escalate on Tuesday I believe and they wouldnā€™t even entertain it šŸ¤£

Dad Rad

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
So far we have 6 that have entered the build process, I would have hoped for more by now but I'm going to remain optimistic and chalk it up to Jeep not updating statuses in their system in a timely fashion coupled with not everyone on the list checking in every day.

Here's the latest:
@PocketsEmptied - Thanks for keeping this updated. Moved to D1 today. Estimated ship date August 4. JLR, with GG, 2.0 Auto, Safety & Advanced Safety, LED, Trailer Tow, Remote, Cold Weather, GG, etc., etc.