Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

ecnrsfm_3hnds

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Other than the color, it seems you can add everything else after the fact but it is still a hassle. With how expensive these rigs are getting, I'm increasingly of the mindset that it should come exactly how I want it. The more I pay, the more I expect convenience as well.
for sure - certainly shared your mindset 9-weeks ago!

I should note, the hydro blue comes with leather which I really didnā€™t think I wanted to pay for in the long run.
Sponsored

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I donā€™t think Cheryl enjoyed my pushback this morning. Dealers closing different weeks? What does that even mean Cheryl? Lol. Iā€™m not really that frustrated just thought Iā€™d push.

She ended the chat.
I'll be frustrated enough for the both of us. It's ridiculous that we're not even on the production schedule and people who ordered after us have been driving their Jeeps for weeks now.

They're given very little if any information. Their job is to try to keep you happy and on the hook such as "Congratulations! I'm so happy to inform you that you've entered scheduling and your build will be begin shortly when all parts have finished being gathered!" at like day 49 still in D. There for weeks I brought up GG to them and they were completely clueless. Now they are making up stuff about chip shortages and dealer close weeks...whatever the heck that is LOL. They are good for one thing during the ordering process, and sometimes not even that, and that's the status description. And maybe an escalation every now and then if they're in the right mood....
I just talked to SwatiBhardwaj. Day 41 in D -- tomorrow will be six weeks since order for me.

Ranted (politely!) at her a bit, though I knew I was tilting at windmills. It was endless "I'm sorry for the frustration" on repeat. Nothing either of us can do.

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I'll be frustrated enough for the both of us. It's ridiculous that we're not even on the production schedule and people who ordered after us have been driving their Jeeps for weeks now.

I just talked to SwatiBhardwaj. Day 41 in D -- tomorrow will be six weeks since order for me.

Ranted (politely!) at her a bit, though I knew I was tilting at windmills. It was endless "I'm sorry for the frustration" on repeat. Nothing either of us can do.
Im at 64 days since order....... NINE WEEKS:angry:
"Ship date" of friday but got the "Sequenced order for production" from Jeep Chat just now. I'm just going to stop checking and let it surprise me when it comes whenever it does.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Im at 64 days since order....... NINE WEEKS:angry:
"Ship date" of friday but got the "Sequenced order for production" from Jeep Chat just now. I'm just going to stop checking and let it surprise me when it comes whenever it does.
Oh, that's for sure frustrating! Nine weeks is a long time to be waiting! But now you have an approximate end date -- if all goes well, you should get yours before 13 August or so. At the outside, just over 12 weeks.

But if I remember correctly it was about this (relative) time in your waiting period that you switched into D1, and you got a build date not too much later. 41 days in and I still have no @#$@#% clue when mine might even begin to be built.

Those of us who ordered the first week of June have now been waiting to go D1 about as long as most of those who ordered the first week of GG availability had been waiting when they went D1 at the end of June.

I will relax a LOT if/when I get a build date that's before mid-August.

Sponsored

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
Oh, that's for sure frustrating! Nine weeks is a long time to be waiting! But now you have an approximate end date -- if all goes well, you should get yours before 13 August or so. At the outside, just over 12 weeks.

But if I remember correctly it was about this time in your waiting period that you switched into D1, and you got a build date not too much later. 41 days in and I still have no @#$@#% clue when mine might even begin to be built.

Those of us who ordered the first week of June have now been waiting to go D1 about as long as most of those who ordered the first week of GG availability had been waiting when they went D1 at the end of June.

I will relax a LOT if/when I get a build date that's before mid-August.
I think I was 50-51 days before hitting D1. And to be honest, Iā€™m not even sure thatā€™s when I hit it - Iā€™m just going by Jeep Chatā€™s verbiage change. So infuriating not knowing whatā€™s happening.

newbluesparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My May 19th order switched to D1 on July 7th, was confirmed by my dealer and stayed there for at least a week. It has now switched back to D, also confirmed by my dealer. Anyone else experience this? So frustrated!!

Screenshot_20210720-161729_Chrome.jpg
They did me that way also, 13JULY showed all parts in, checked with dealer and said yes in D1 status with a date of 29JULY, checked again on 8JULY and went back to parts being gathered, dealer said same, D status

newbluesparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I donā€™t think Cheryl enjoyed my pushback this morning. Dealers closing different weeks? What does that even mean Cheryl? Lol. Iā€™m not really that frustrated just thought Iā€™d push.

She ended the chat.

16FE8895-335B-450E-A5C4-6DA06D7FB617.png
I asked about mine going from D1 status back to D and she told me "

Shortage on the micro chip, Dealerships closing weekly and waiting on part, is the cause of delays."

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I think I was 50-51 days before hitting D1. And to be honest, Iā€™m not even sure thatā€™s when I hit it - Iā€™m just going by Jeep Chatā€™s verbiage change. So infuriating not knowing whatā€™s happening.
Checked your post history -- it was day 45 for you. (11 May to when you got the "all parts received" from Jeep Chat on 25 June, though it may have been as early as 21 June/41 days). So yeah, about this relative point for you, too!

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked about mine going from D1 status back to D and she told me "

Shortage on the micro chip, Dealerships closing weekly and waiting on part, is the cause of delays."
Dealerships closing weekly? What does that mean?

Sponsored

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Checked your post history -- it was day 45 for you. (11 May to when you got the "all parts received" from Jeep Chat on 25 June, though it may have been as early as 21 June/41 days). So yeah, about this relative point for you, too!
Maybe it was 50/51 when my dealer confirmed it! Lol I canā€™t keep any of it straight anymore!

Jeep-her

First Name
Lonna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK - HBPC SportS / Ordering '21 JL - HB Sahara
I'm in the process of building my JL and noticed the build website shut down for a few hours Monday evening. When it finally came back up, gorilla glass was no longer an option...not sure if that says much but sounds like they are having trouble securing it....thought I'd share

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I'm in the process of building my JL and noticed the build website shut down for a few hours Monday evening. When it finally came back up, gorilla glass was no longer an option...not sure if that says much but sounds like they are having trouble securing it....thought I'd share
I didn't realize it ever even showed up on B&P.

EDIT: It's still there on 4xe Rubicon at least:
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? 1626896773731

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope thatā€™s ALL it means. If I get this Jeep with GG and it doesnā€™t fit right or some other issue Iā€™m going to lose it.

šŸ¤£
Sponsored