Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Today, 7/1/21, is my 14th day in D1 status with Gorilla Glass REMOVED from my build on 6/15. I feel like I'm stalled just as much as I was when I was in D status.
Do you know your build date? If you're in D1 supposedly it has one, the dealer will have to get it for you though as chat can not (will not?) provide.
Sponsored

bhakim22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I'm at six weeks since my order in May and in "D" status. Jeep chat would not take my request to escalate to get a build date. Below is the response.

"there is no set time frame for the stages, it is 7-9 weeks build time. So right now it is still on schedule"

"we only get a ETA when the Build is completed and the vehicle is being shipped. But the selling dealer can certainly look into it further for you"

jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hi yall!

I posted this as it's own thread but it wasn't getting any answers so I hope yall don't mind if I post in here considering it pertains to GG and order timelines and this thread gets way more eyes.

I have been trying to figure out the timing for ordering a new JLUR and I'm getting antsy, wanting to send that email to start the process. I'm currently deployed and I'm supposed to return around the middle part of October, so around 14-15 weeks from today (1 July). I have spoken with Daniel at Gupton and as off a couple weeks ago, he said that orders are getting delivered around 8-10 weeks from date of order.

I have been reading these forums and see the delay with the Gorilla Glass has started to ease, however, LED lighting may be the next delay to the assembly lines. Right now, it looks like the orders with GG are averaging to be delivered to dealerships around the 3 month timeframe but those orders were placed back in early May.

Here is my order for reference:

'21 JLUR in Snazzberry
2.0L 4 banger
Paint match fenders
Gorilla Glass
Standard Rubicon wheels
Black 3-Piece hardtop
8.4" Uconnect
Alpine sound
Cargo Group with rail system
Remote start
Remote prox keyless entry
Advanced Safety Group
Trailer tow and HD electrical group
Safety Group
LED lighting
Cold weather group

Daniel said that they only allow the vehicles to be kept at the dealership for up to two weeks.

I know I'm being impatient but this will be my first new vehicle as well as my first Wrangler so I'm barely able to contain my excitement. On top of that, ordering this would be a sign of me starting the process of getting home and I have nothing else better to do here than look at these forums and watch YouTube videos when I'm not at work.

What I don't want to happen is wait too long and the price go up or the delays take much longer than they currently are. I'm hoping that someone has some good knowledge about the building process with orders that are going in currently or know of any other delays or even if the estimated order times are starting to go down now that the GG orders are getting into production. As it stands now, I'm thinking about sending that starting email to get the process going around mid-July.

Any help is greatly appreciate! I look forward to joining the cool kids club!

bhakim22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I'm at six weeks since my order in May and in "D" status. Jeep chat would not take my request to escalate to get a build date. Below is the response.

"there is no set time frame for the stages, it is 7-9 weeks build time. So right now it is still on schedule"

"we only get a ETA when the Build is completed and the vehicle is being shipped. But the selling dealer can certainly look into it further for you"
The dealer has no clue... what idiotic process with all available technology with supply chain and manufacturing.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
The dealer has no clue... what idiotic process with all available technology with supply chain and manufacturing.
Estimated Ship Date is blank on the dealer screen until D1.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Hi yall!

I posted this as it's own thread but it wasn't getting any answers so I hope yall don't mind if I post in here considering it pertains to GG and order timelines and this thread gets way more eyes.

I have been trying to figure out the timing for ordering a new JLUR and I'm getting antsy, wanting to send that email to start the process. I'm currently deployed and I'm supposed to return around the middle part of October, so around 14-15 weeks from today (1 July). I have spoken with Daniel at Gupton and as off a couple weeks ago, he said that orders are getting delivered around 8-10 weeks from date of order.

I have been reading these forums and see the delay with the Gorilla Glass has started to ease, however, LED lighting may be the next delay to the assembly lines. Right now, it looks like the orders with GG are averaging to be delivered to dealerships around the 3 month timeframe but those orders were placed back in early May.

'21 JLUR in Snazzberry
2.0L 4 banger
Paint match fenders
Gorilla Glass
Standard Rubicon wheels
Black 3-Piece hardtop
8.4" Uconnect
Alpine sound
Remote start
Advanced Safety Group
Safety Group
LED lighting
Cold weather group

Daniel said that they only allow the vehicles to be kept at the dealership for up to two weeks.

I know I'm being impatient but this will be my first new vehicle as well as my first Wrangler so I'm barely able to contain my excitement. On top of that, ordering this would be a sign of me starting the process of getting home and I have nothing else better to do here than look at these forums and watch YouTube videos when I'm not at work.

What I don't want to happen is wait too long and the price go up or the delays take much longer than they currently are. I'm hoping that someone has some good knowledge about the building process with orders that are going in currently or know of any other delays or even if the estimated order times are starting to go down now that the GG orders are getting into production. As it stands now, I'm thinking about sending that starting email to get the process going around mid-July.

I’m guessing the GG issue will be mitigated already. Maybe shoot for 10 weeks ahead so you have the 2 week cushion on an 8 week build.

If it gets there way before that, I wonder if there is someone nearby the dealership on the forum that would let the dealer deliver it to their property, I would if I was closer.

Thanks for your service! My dad was stationed at Hurlburt while I was growing up.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Hi yall!

'21 JLUR in Snazzberry
2.0L 4 banger
Paint match fenders
Gorilla Glass
Standard Rubicon wheels
Black 3-Piece hardtop
8.4" Uconnect
Alpine sound
Remote start
Advanced Safety Group
Safety Group
LED lighting
Cold weather group

Well, I don't think there's many cool kids here yet considering the 1st GG has yet to be delivered, however things are finally starting to move. The 1st GG build we've seen set is the week of 7/19, so that'll be ~11 weeks from the first time you could order it. Once they start rolling them off the line I'd imagine there wouldn't be much of an increased delay with GG orders once the backlog is worked through. So in other words, by the time you're ready to order I don't think you'd suffer much from adding GG if any. Other non GG builds have been happening as quick as 3-4 weeks in some cases. Might be worth it to ask Gupton what's the quickest they've seen in the last 3-4 months, because shipping times vary so much around the country they should know their area well. As to what the next delays might entail and how long it will take and what prices will do, very hard to predict in these times. I don't think even the Jeep scheduling people know right now what it's going to look like a few months out (I picture them standing around flipping coins as parts come in as to who the lucky people are LOL). I felt the pressure back in mid May to hurry up and order to lock things in while supplies existed and before prices increased, but turns out I could have easily waited until today and not been the worse for it, YMMV however.

I try to look at things as best case/worse case. Let's say best case your order is ready in 4 weeks, Gupton will hold for 2 so I'd definitely have the order in 6 weeks prior to taking delivery. But also be prepared for the worse case which could be months.

One other thing to note, supposedly '22 versions start up Dec. 6th and orders for them will likely start in Sept/Oct. If that patience ever shows up - worth a thought at least. But I'd be willing to bet the '22s will come w/ increased pricing.

jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well, I don't think there's many cool kids here yet considering the 1st GG has yet to be delivered, however things are finally starting to move. The 1st GG build we've seen set is the week of 7/19, so that'll be ~11 weeks from the first time you could order it. Once they start rolling them off the line I'd imagine there wouldn't be much of an increased delay with GG orders once the backlog is worked through. So in other words, by the time you're ready to order I don't think you'd suffer much from adding GG if any. Other non GG builds have been happening as quick as 3-4 weeks in some cases. Might be worth it to ask Gupton what's the quickest they've seen in the last 3-4 months, because shipping times vary so much around the country they should know their area well. As to what the next delays might entail and how long it will take and what prices will do, very hard to predict in these times. I don't think even the Jeep scheduling people know right now what it's going to look like a few months out (I picture them standing around flipping coins as parts come in as to who the lucky people are LOL). I felt the pressure back in mid May to hurry up and order to lock things in while supplies existed and before prices increased, but turns out I could have easily waited until today and not been the worse for it, YMMV however.

I try to look at things as best case/worse case. Let's say best case your order is ready in 4 weeks, Gupton will hold for 2 so I'd definitely have the order in 6 weeks prior to taking delivery. But also be prepared for the worse case which could be months.

One other thing to note, supposedly '22 versions start up Dec. 6th and orders for them will likely start in Sept/Oct. If that patience ever shows up - worth a thought at least. But I'd be willing to bet the '22s will come w/ increased pricing.
Yeah I'm thinking I may take GatorB8's advice and wait until the 10 weeks but man! that's a month from now. I guess I've waited this long. I'm not sure about waiting for the '22 model year. I haven't really seen much on here about what it possibly has to offer other than being able to call it the current model year for possibly a higher price tag. I guess that could change and make me consider it while I wait this next month.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Was told today that you have to wait 45 days before escalation, I'm still in D. Will escalate as soon as chat is back up next week.

I reached out to my ordering dealer just now to ask him when we could escalate. I know it's only been 21 days and some of y'all have been waiting much longer for a build date, but I want to hear what he says.

I have zero confidence in Jeep Chat or escalating from that side of things; I suspect they're all outsourced CSRs just plugging things into a simple status app that FCA/Stellantis gives them, and the "escalation" is just someone who has the e-mail address of someone at the factory.

I'd expect that the dealer can escalate things more effectively via his factory rep, but maybe I'm wrong?

Roody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR order cancelled; 2012 Wrangler
I reached out to my ordering dealer just now to ask him when we could escalate. I know it's only been 21 days and some of y'all have been waiting much longer for a build date, but I want to hear what he says.

I have zero confidence in Jeep Chat or escalating from that side of things; I suspect they're all outsourced CSRs just plugging things into a simple status app that FCA/Stellantis gives them, and the "escalation" is just someone who has the e-mail address of someone at the factory.

I'd expect that the dealer can escalate things more effectively via his factory rep, but maybe I'm wrong?
Which dealer? I'm also at 21 days. Yesterday I emailed my salesperson/dealer (Daniel at Gupton) for an update and was told that my build only has a VIN so far. I asked if the build could be escalated but Daniel did not respond.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
That's a really good point. The 21 Ram orders closed in either late May or early June, and switched to 22s. I ordered my 22 last month and no chance of delivery until at least September since the factory change over is early August. Took a $1k+ MSRP increase over 21.

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I asked my dealer about it being normal to be in D for 23 days.

His response was : It’s pretty common lately cars will stay in one status forever then jump to in transit really quickly. Your Jeep could be built already and, at least, is most likely scheduled since they wouldn’t let us remove GG. The system doesn’t seem to update very well and we will sometimes take delivery of a vehicle that is still in waiting on transit.

Last edited:

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Apparently after tomorrow the plant is closed until 12 July, so it may be that if it doesn't flip today or tomorrow it won't until after 12 July.

Argh, I just want an end date. Even if it's "ships 15 August". This open-ended waiting is for the birds.
as in no Jeeps will be built?

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I asked my dealer about it being normal to be in D for 23 days.

His response was : It’s pretty common lately cars will stay in one status forever then jump to in transit really quickly. Your Jeep could be built already and, at least, is most likely scheduled since they wouldn’t let us remove GG. The system doesn’t seem to update very well and we will sometimes take delivery of a vehicle that is still in waiting on transit.
I would just love to believe that. Frustrating to know that the dealers don't have any better visibility into the system. What a god-awful process.

I would expect, though, that if the Jeep was built it would have a build sheet in cryptostickers...

as in no Jeeps will be built?
It's important to note that's currently just an unsubstantiated rumor, which I should have mentioned. IF the rumor that there's a plant shutdown all next week is true, then yes.

It may not be true (though certainly the plant will be shut down shut on Monday for the holiday). I certainly hope it's not true.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Do you know your build date? If you're in D1 supposedly it has one, the dealer will have to get it for you though as chat can not (will not?) provide.
Oddly I was not given a build date by my dealer, but was told a ship date of 7/24... they may have just told me that to shut me up!
Sponsored