Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase

theory2

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
5/15 order for me, no movement. While I watch non GG jeeps get pumped out on crypto stickers.

Sponsored

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Looks like we have a bunch of people hitting 40+ days this week. Let’s see what Jeep chat says! Yes...we know it’ll already be the same thing everyone else has gotten but bug em’ anyways.

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Looks like we have a bunch of people hitting 40+ days this week. Let’s see what Jeep chat says! Yes...we know it’ll already be the same thing everyone else has gotten but bug em’ anyways.
Someone in JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking thread said that they were told their GG build delay was until July 6th. Im hoping this is true and they begin builds for us that week.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I'm not wasting my time with Jeep Chat anymore, they basically told me builds take up to 9 weeks. Im just hoping to have it towards the end of July but Im thinking sometime in August

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not wasting my time with Jeep Chat anymore, they basically told me builds take up to 9 weeks. Im just hoping to have it towards the end of July but Im thinking sometime in August
Same here, on my other 3 orders Jeep Chat was awesome... this time its not worth the 5 min. for a status update. easier to just log on here to see what everyone else is being told.

I'm hopeful its before August. my insurance policy for my Jeep will expire at the end of July and ill lose it. its a 15 year old policy so I hope that does not happen. (15 years with no claims etc.) always better to use existing policy than get new one. I may activate it on the new VIN then suspended it again (advice from agent) if I have to.

Last edited:

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Someone in JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking thread said that they were told their GG build delay was until July 6th. Im hoping this is true and they begin builds for us that week.

That makes sense. Do you think this is based on many of the aftermarket providers saying they are out of stock until July 8th or did I miss someone confirming with something more firm?

Sponsored

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
That makes sense. Do you think this is based on many of the aftermarket providers saying they are out of stock until July 8th or did I miss someone confirming with something more firm?
Honestly I just think that they (being FCA) didn’t expect people to order it that early on cause most dealers I Inquired about the GG windshield didn’t even know what it was. So maybe that was the original production date? I saw it on the order guide and was curious and got it.
The guy who posted about this said he asked a friend who worked at FCA so I believe the July 6th date is pretty solid.

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Honestly I just think that they (being FCA) didn’t expect people to order it that early on cause most dealers I Inquired about the GG windshield didn’t even know what it was. So maybe that was the original production date? I saw it on the order guide and was curious and got it.
The guy who posted about this said he asked a friend who worked at FCA so I believe the July 6th date is pretty solid.
That’s good to know. We’ll keep our fingers crossed. It is interesting as I experienced the same thing - one dealer had no idea about GG.

Just saw the thread that this was mentioned - looks promising.

Last edited:

JL_Sahara

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara - Now 2021 Willys
That’s good to know. We’ll keep our fingers crossed. It is interesting as I experienced the same thing - one dealer had no idea about GG.
The thing is that they opened it up in the dealer ordering system at least at the start of May. My dealer said he was encouraged by his dealer rep to include it for fastest build timing. I do not think they would have done this with the knowledge that these builds wouldn't start until early July as that doesn't make any sense. I think timing on the windshields definitely slipped somewhere. Maybe there was quality issues on the first full production build at the supplier, who knows, anybodys guess but something delayed this.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Just checked with my glass guy again this morning. He said there were 6 Gorilla Glass in stock windshields at the local windshield warehouse he orders from. Hard to believe this is a glass supply issue. I guess it could be if Jeep did not order them and the aftermarket gobbled them up... But, with 80% of the new Jeeps supposedly having them, you think they would have gotten ahead of it!

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Just checked with my glass guy again this morning. He said there were 6 Gorilla Glass in stock windshields at the local windshield warehouse he orders from. Hard to believe this is a glass supply issue. I guess it could be if Jeep did not order them and the aftermarket gobbled them up... But, with 80% of the new Jeeps supposedly having them, you think they would have gotten ahead of it!
Would be interested to know how old that stock is. Theres gotta be truck loads of glass at the plant or nearly there.

I think its a barrier of entry due to its cost for adding it aftermarket so wouldn't surprise me that there would be stock at places. Maybe thinking of it wrong though.
Sponsored