Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Quadratec update:

Gorilla Glass Windshield Replacement

Quadratec Part #: 12501.3313
Mopar Part #: 68522631AA
In Cart Price
$999.99
Guaranteed Best Price
$999.99
free-shipping.png

Temporarily
Out of Stock
Estimated Ship Date: Jul 8
(if ordered today)

:giggle: :CWL:
Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
I'm sure a lot more people would remove GG if they could?
Agree... but don't get me wrong, I HATE having to give up GG, especially since it cost only $95, it was the best value in the whole car! But if it means 4 more weeks of waiting, I really can't do that since I need a vehicle. Looks like I'll put up a $1,000 when the day comes for me to get a new windshield.

Regret #1: ordering GG because it cost me waiting time, and having to give it up because it was a great value​
Regret #2: getting the black matt grill, as I could have easily added it aftermarket and would have had a cool factory colored grill hanging on my office wall.​
Regret #3: not getting the steel bumper group​
Regret #3: not getting the trail cam (I didn't realize that the zautomotive cam +Tazer JL Mini was lower res than factory)​

All said, I'll be giggling like a school girl when this Jeep gets here!

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I'm sure a lot more people would remove GG if they could?
Probably not, unless it gets to be ~30 days after I ordered and the logjam hasn't started to clear. My dealer is not particularly responsive to me for some reason (though others seem to have had better experiences with him, it seems), so I don't have any real hope he would actually be open to going through the process of getting it off my order.

Regardless, considering Jeep has encouraged dealers to order GG for their vehicles, I have to think it will clear up starting late this month or early July. I really, really, really need to believe that....

Congrats to those who have removed it and are moving forward! I'm envious.

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Same. But it's only been eight days since I ordered, so it's not surprising. I won't really start to get annoyed unless this status extends into July...

Looking back through some of the gorilla glass posts on the forum, it seems the windshield for the advanced safety group is different from the normal windshield? That's on my order; I hope it doesn't slow things down even more!
Oh lord I have the Advanced Safety Group as well :angry: :headbang:

BlueCruzer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS

Sponsored

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Agree... but don't get me wrong, I HATE having to give up GG, especially since it cost only $95, it was the best value in the whole car! But if it means 4 more weeks of waiting, I really can't do that since I need a vehicle. Looks like I'll put up a $1,000 when the day comes for me to get a new windshield.

Regret #1: ordering GG because it cost me waiting time, and having to give it up because it was a great value​
Regret #2: getting the black matt grill, as I could have easily added it aftermarket and would have had a cool factory colored grill hanging on my office wall.​
Regret #3: not getting the trail cam (I didn't realize that the zautomotive cam +Tazer JL Mini was lower res than factory)​

I'm starting to regret #1. Understand your #2 & #4. #3 I didn't get either and don't regret b/c the rear bumper is kinda crappy if you plan to off-road any, and if I do end up liking the stock front bumper a lot I'll just get the steel mopar knockoff for <$500. My only current regret is not getting the Rock-trac 4 wheel auto, I read some negative stuff about it before I ordered but since then it seems that it was unfounded and most people really like it. I go back and forth on the colored fenders I ordered, if I had to do it again I probably wouldn't.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? 1616018291977

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
For real? I think this is the most solid info we've gotten from anywhere if so.
Yes. This and putting it with the other product planner that said ā€œthereā€™s a few thousand in D status and only 1 delivered with GGā€ says they havenā€™t gotten that shit yet.

Im trying not to be a pain to my dealer but I hope hope hope they got the gG removed.

Sponsored

drichard989

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08KK, 21JLU
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Curious as to why almost every Jeep in crypto stickers has LED lighting group and cold weather group and they either have a build and or sticker??
Wonder if my spartan Sport S build will leapfrog everyone

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Doesnt seem like our rep here is reacting well to removing Gorilla Glass. My sales person said ā€œbut once it hits D1 its too lateā€. Iā€™m like ā€œit hit D1!ā€ (With true excitement knowing itā€™s not true). He says ā€œoh crap sorry thatā€™s another build without gorilla glassā€. Fā€™

They are still working the rep but now they arenā€™t even getting responses.

Heelssuck

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon 392, 16 JK Rubicon, 18 Tesla S
Occupation
CIO

Not sure where youā€™re located but Iā€™ll sell you my steel bumpers from my 392 that should be here in a couple weeks. Itā€™s in JB status now. Iā€™ve already purchased Fabfour bumpers to go on it.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Not sure where youā€™re located but Iā€™ll sell you my steel bumpers from my 392 that should be here in a couple weeks. Itā€™s in JB status now. Iā€™ve already purchased Fabfour bumpers to go on it.
I might just take you up on that! But Iā€™m in Chicagoland.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Doesnt seem like our rep here is reacting well to removing Gorilla Glass. My sales person said ā€œbut once it hits D1 its too lateā€. Iā€™m like ā€œit hit D1!ā€ (With true excitement knowing itā€™s not true). He says ā€œoh crap sorry thatā€™s another build without gorilla glassā€. Fā€™

They are still working the rep but now they arenā€™t even getting responses.
Maybe that's a good sign that they expect a shipment soon? I really really really need to believe that, too... šŸ˜‚
Sponsored