Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Yes I have LED package. No cold weather group. Texas is hawt as hell.
Chicago can get a little cold from time to time.

So... did the D1 confirmation come from your dealer or Jeep Chat? Sorry I just like to check my source's (you) source! 😛

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Ordered a 4xe Rubicon on 5/20. status on 5/24. No movement since.
I’ve been watching this forum to see if anything happens with anyone’s order.

I have communication from my salesman two times every week. Doing a great job keeping me updated.

Today, he sent this information:

49FC6030-DD2D-458F-96AF-D2733916B49A.jpeg

6C80F2C9-D93B-46F3-94F8-F586BFCDD2F5.jpeg

DEE41F10-119A-484D-A204-0BE6BDF01FA4.jpeg

7DBA9391-7289-4BC3-9FC9-45B94AA0EA1B.jpeg
Curious as to why almost every Jeep in crypto stickers has LED lighting group and cold weather group and they either have a build and or sticker??

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Curious as to why almost every Jeep in crypto stickers has LED lighting group and cold weather group and they either have a build and or sticker??
its not cold weather and LED "only" for sure. I know a few people who ordered those at the same time as mine and they are moving.

however, we may very well now have a "new" shortage due to those and may see jeeps with those options held up. Seems I drew the lucky bingo card and have all potential options that are causing a slowdown. Gorilla glass, Headliner, LED, cold weather, hardtop headliner, and tailgate reinforcement lol.

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
its not cold weather and LED "only" for sure. I know a few people who ordered those at the same time as mine and they are moving.

however, we may very well now have a "new" shortage due to those and may see jeeps with those options held up. Seems I drew the lucky bingo card and have all potential options that are causing a slowdown. Gorilla glass, Headliner, LED, cold weather, hardtop headliner, and tailgate reinforcement lol.
I'm sure there are other options causing delays but I think for sure the major one is GG...my .2

Sponsored

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Chicago can get a little cold from time to time.

So... did the D1 confirmation come from your dealer or Jeep Chat? Sorry I just like to check my source's (you) source! 😛
From my dealer👍 Didn't check Jeep chat today. First day I haven't in a long time.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe

I wonder how their parts allocation system works. If someone ordered with GG, CWG, LED (because 4xe), and the chips were available now for the CWG and LED but GG was not available, would they reserve those chips for that build until GG became available, or would they reallocate those chips to another build without GG?

The latter is probably the optimal behavior in the case of abundant supplies of all but one item (ie, if it doesn't really matter), but it has a high chance of becoming pathological in the case of rotating shortages, so I really hope it's not that!

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Confirmed on Jeep chat just now for fun. "All parts received, build should begin shortly."

Last edited:

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
I wonder how their parts allocation system works. If someone ordered with GG, CWG, LED (because 4xe), and the chips were available now for the CWG and LED but GG was not available, would they reserve those chips for that build until GG became available, or would they reallocate those chips to another build without GG?

The latter is probably the optimal behavior in the case of abundant supplies of all but one item (ie, if it doesn't really matter), but it has a high chance of becoming pathological in the case of rotating shortages, so I really hope it's not that!
From also reading a lot of other (non GG) people's experiences I've come to the conclusion that the scheduling software code is: RANDOM();

Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Confirmed on Jeep chat just now for fun. "All parts received, build should beging shortly."
OK... I feel like I need to give someone at Jeep Chat a little work to do. Here goes... stay tuned!

Randy @ Jeep Chat: I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly.

LOOKS LIKE I'M FINALLY IN STATUS D1! GG removed from my order as of Tuesday 6/15.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
From also reading a lot of other (non GG) people's experiences I've come to the conclusion that the scheduling software code is: RANDOM();
I mean, it is an incredibly complex scheduling problem. Maybe the corollary to “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” Is “Any sufficiently complex algorithm is indistinguishable from random().” 😂😂😂

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
OK... I feel like I need to give someone at Jeep Chat a little work to do. Here goes... stay tuned!

Randy @ Jeep Chat: I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly.

LOOKS LIKE I'M FINALLY IN STATUS D1! GG removed from my order as of Tuesday 6/15.
so we now have at least 3 in this group who removed Gorilla Glass and the order moved into D1 shortly after. no other options removed, just GG.

out of 30ish, 3 is a decent sample test size to remove and see it move forward.

Now the question someone else picked up on. Once GG is in, will these move to front of line, or are there other parts that are also in short supply or backordered that will delay further? I have a feeling im in for a long wait. I tried to buy an LJ today, but they sold it within a few hours of posting lol. im so glad I rented a car for a few months just in case.

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
so we now have at least 3 in this group who removed Gorilla Glass and the order moved into D1 shortly after. no other options removed, just GG.

out of 30ish, 3 is a decent sample test size to remove and see it move forward.

Now the question someone else picked up on. Once GG is in, will these move to front of line, or are there other parts that are also in short supply or backordered that will delay further? I have a feeling im in for a long wait. I tried to buy an LJ today, but they sold it within a few hours of posting lol. im so glad I rented a car for a few months just in case.
I'm sure a lot more people would remove GG if they could?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure a lot more people would remove GG if they could?
I think it depends on the situation. personally I won't as im already this far in and who knows if there are more options that would still cause issues. Since I rented a SUV for 2 months and we have another car anyway I will just hold out. however, if I do see another LJ and I can buy that my plans may change lol.
Sponsored