Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I just installed Gorilla glass in my JLUR to replace a cracked windshield. Aftermarket it cost nearly $1,000 to purchase and install. $95 from the factory seems like a great deal!
At this point its vaporware to me
Sponsored

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
SSDD:
Jeep Chat-- Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.
Shocker:headbang::giggle:
Same. But it's only been eight days since I ordered, so it's not surprising. I won't really start to get annoyed unless this status extends into July...

Looking back through some of the gorilla glass posts on the forum, it seems the windshield for the advanced safety group is different from the normal windshield? That's on my order; I hope it doesn't slow things down even more!

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Jeep chat seems to be worthless. I asked for status and told, "I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. " I then asked if that meant I was in "D" status and he says, "I do apologize we are no longer able to see the codes in our programs only a description shows now." I asked about gorilla glass and was told, "I have not heard of any delays with the orders or on Gorilla glass causing a hold up on orders." I pushed quoting the forum and it went like this:
"I do apologize forums are not used here just the programs that provide us the information. There has been no announcement here as a delay on the orders.
Randy (6/18/2021, 12:09:44 PM): is there anything else topday?
Me (6/18/2021, 12:10:05 PM): Sounds like there is a lack of information being provided to you. Just frustrating as a buyer not to be able to know what to expect
Me (6/18/2021, 12:10:15 PM): Greater transparency would be nice.
Randy (6/18/2021, 12:10:46 PM): I do apologize I can only provide the information that I am provided..."

Anyway, sounds like jeep chat is not told anything so they cannot tell us anything. I don't want to pester the dealer yet as my order is less than two weeks old, but lack of communication regarding what to expect is really unfortunate.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Anyway, sounds like jeep chat is not told anything so they cannot tell us anything. I don't want to pester the dealer yet as my order is less than two weeks old, but lack of communication regarding what to expect is really unfortunate.
Yes, this feels like a very... 1980s experience, really. I ordered a new BMW Z4 in 2004? that was built at the plant in Greenville, SC, and even back then they had a nice web app that I could see EXACTLY where in the process my car was. Really not sure why Jeep can't/doesn't/won't do the same.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Jeep chat seems to be worthless. I asked for status and told, "I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. " I then asked if that meant I was in "D" status and he says, "I do apologize we are no longer able to see the codes in our programs only a description shows now." I asked about gorilla glass and was told, "I have not heard of any delays with the orders or on Gorilla glass causing a hold up on orders." I pushed quoting the forum and it went like this:
"I do apologize forums are not used here just the programs that provide us the information. There has been no announcement here as a delay on the orders.
Me (6/18/2021, 12:10:05 PM): Sounds like there is a lack of information being provided to you. Just frustrating as a buyer not to be able to know what to expect
Randy (6/18/2021, 12:10:46 PM): I do apologize I can only provide the information that I am provided..."

That's basically how my conversation went. They either truly don't have a clue (likely) or are not allowed to give a clue either way it's starting to get frustrating.

Mathew: (D status description)
Me: is there any information on the gorilla glass hold up? Nobody is able to get any answers
Mathew: Not that I have heard. I can only advise per my system, check back in a 2-3 weeks
Me: It'd be very nice of FCA to give us all an update
Mathew: New orders take 8-10 weeks, blah blah blah, check back in a few weeks
Me: I understand, mine would need to enter production in the next week or so to hit those dates, but we have no idea if gorilla glass is going to hold things up another 6 weeks or start tomorrow
Me: Nobody can get any information on it, it's not good communication on FCA's part
Mathew: Again, I have no info on that blah blah check back in a few weeks
Mathew: Thank you for reaching out to Jeep Chat, good bye! (click)

Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic

We should start documenting the names from the people at Jeep Chat as I'm 100% confident the person who answered you has had conversations about GG with MANY other frustrated special orders... so far I've had conversations with Krystal and Hazel.

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Mathew: Not that I have heard. I can only advise per my system, check back in a 2-3 weeks
I do find it interesting that when I first contacted them it was "check back in a week or two" and now its 4-5 weeks lol.

Shit, anyone hear if theres a strike? Growing up near the plant, that would shut down production for a good while. (look at me throwing a boost into the rumor mill) Btw - none of the my friends that work there have said anything about a strike so this is me just being funny.

dav_webb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Sarge, 2021 Rubicon 4xe Hydroblue
Ordered a 4xe Rubicon on 5/20. status on 5/24. No movement since.
I’ve been watching this forum to see if anything happens with anyone’s order.

I have communication from my salesman two times every week. Doing a great job keeping me updated.

Today, he sent this information:

49FC6030-DD2D-458F-96AF-D2733916B49A.jpeg

6C80F2C9-D93B-46F3-94F8-F586BFCDD2F5.jpeg

DEE41F10-119A-484D-A204-0BE6BDF01FA4.jpeg

7DBA9391-7289-4BC3-9FC9-45B94AA0EA1B.jpeg

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
My order went into D1 today after removing GG from my order on Monday

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
I do find it interesting that when I first contacted them it was "check back in a week or two" and now its 4-5 weeks lol.

Shit, anyone hear if theres a strike? Growing up near the plant, that would shut down production for a good while. (look at me throwing a boost into the rumor mill) Btw - none of the my friends that work there have said anything about a strike so this is me just being funny.
So do any of your friends know where the mysterious GG is? :bandit:

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
My order went into D1 today after removing GG from my order on Monday
Thats great news! I really want my Color Gecko, but had I known it was delayed and then further delay from Gorilla Glass I would've dropped both. I feel at this point its not worth changing

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you feel a little like a dog that has been adopted from the pound? Those of us staying in the pound are jealous of you.
I'll never forget my Gorilla Glass Gang💪😎❤. Y'all are stronger than I ever could be. That being said. I feel amazing
Sponsored