Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Any advice how to call out a dealership that says they can’t due to VIN already assigned? I really don’t want to get in a pissing match with them.
Tell them you’d like their regional reps information or contract customer care and tell them how unhappy you are with the service you are getting. Say you want to talk to a regional rep.

I used this with Ford and got really good attention.
Sponsored

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Any advice how to call out a dealership that says they can’t due to VIN already assigned? I really don’t want to get in a pissing match with them.
Agree..wondering if another dealer can call and change? :giggle:

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Today my dealer had gorilla glass removed from my order. Will report as soon as I go D1. Hope the removal is worth it🤦‍♂️😂❤. Let the experiment begin💪😎🤙
@JEEBBILLZ... yes please report back asap when you officially hit D1. Did the dealer have any idea, and how will you find out, is your dealer updating you, or are you calling them regularly?

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
@JEEBBILLZ... yes please report back asap when you officially hit D1. Did the dealer have any idea, and how will you find out, is your dealer updating you, or are you calling them regularly?
I call my sales rep once a week but I had asked him about GG delay. He looked at his orders and saw that all orders with GG were in D for weeks. I asked him if it would be okay to change it. He said he wanted to inquire with Jeep about the delay first but once he saw that all the GG orders were delayed he said it looks like I'm right about the delay. I asked if it was possible to change the order. He sounded reluctant to do so but that he would ask his store manager about making the change. Today he called and said that they called to make that change for me. Maybe I just got lucky.

He didn't mention hearing from Jeep about the GG delay so they had no idea about it.

I'm also anxious that somehow it will delay me even more because maybe they will start producing GG orders now 😄. But I figured that it would at least be interesting to see what happens.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I ordered on 6/10 and checked with Jeep Chat today and got my VIN. Nothing more than that. I will share updates as I get them

JLUR
Hydro Blue. My order includes gorilla glass, and hardtop headliner.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hazelwood7

Hazelwood7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Rubicon V6
I find it interesting that they won’t change the order. Not sure of the deal with allotments but I thought customer sold orders did not count towards. I have already leased from my dealer and now will lease another Jeep and my wife is buying a new grand Cherokee L. They could have helped me out because of being a repeat customer but I am also paying msrp for both cars. I would say no because my dealer had no problem ordering another Jeep as he said it will within a day. Who knows why they won’t do it but they can do it.
If they are not 100% sure that GG is the hold up they not do it because if it’s something else and the customer gets upset then they are put in a bad situation. Just a theory..

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I find it interesting that they won’t change the order. Not sure of the deal with allotments but I thought customer sold orders did not count towards. I have already leased from my dealer and now will lease another Jeep and my wife is buying a new grand Cherokee L. They could have helped me out because of being a repeat customer but I am also paying msrp for both cars. I would say no because my dealer had no problem ordering another Jeep as he said it will within a day. Who knows why they won’t do it but they can do it.
If they are not 100% sure that GG is the hold up they not do it because if it’s something else and the customer gets upset then they are put in a bad situation. Just a theory..
FYI, if you make a $100 donation to tread lightly you get access to their affiliate pricing and can generate a code for 1% under invoice. Takes 30 days to activate so may be to late for your second order this time. Works for 2 vehicles per year.
You just need it active before you take delivery.
https://treadlightly.org/

EDIT: There is also Access Fund, I didn't use that one, but it's supposed to be a $50 donation instead of $100, same 30 day time constraint for the affiliate to go active: https://www.accessfund.org/join-or-give/support-access-fund

Also, make sure you grab the $250 bonus drive after you take delivery: https://allstate.bonusdrive.com/?_ga=2.265856399.1049234282.1622828785-1047807722.1622828785 58 96

Last edited:

JL_Sahara

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara - Now 2021 Willys
Must feel like a kick in the teeth. I ordered a 392 so I would have been waiting anyway.

They either should not have made GG available for order in early May or given us notice that it would delay things.
Yeah it's very confusing and also frustrating. Had I known it would have caused a delay, I would have at least shifted my expectations a bit.
Still in D per Jeep Chat this AM.
It's very frustrating when you read other people posting similar builds, no GG, and theirs is getting delivered in a months time, while I've been sitting in D for over 30 days with no communication. Dealer has nothing, no ETA, or any information. Blames it on the chip shortage.. He was the one that said to get the vehicle fastest, I needed to get GG.. UGH

Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
It's very frustrating when you read other people posting similar builds, no GG, and theirs is getting delivered in a months time, while I've been sitting in D for over 30 days with no communication. Dealer has nothing, no ETA, or any information. Blames it on the chip shortage.. He was the one that said to get the vehicle fastest, I needed to get GG.. UGH
Yeah, my tracker shows you at 32 days... Jeep Chat told me yesterday they will not escalate non-moving orders for more information until 6 weeks (!) 42 days. So if nothing moves by late next week I think you need to invoke that.

I'm eager to hear if @JEEBBILLZ, whose dealer let them drop GG from their build, moves into D1 soon.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Quadratec mopar GG windsheild update, July 8:
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? 1623771032398

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Quadratec mopar GG windsheild update, July 8:
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? 1623771032398
Not great news but consistent with what some have been told that their GG-equipped Wranglers will be built in mid-July.

JL_Sahara

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara - Now 2021 Willys
Not great news but consistent with what some have been told that their GG-equipped Wranglers will be built in mid-July.
That's going to make me re-order a new one without GG.. The lack of information given to the dealers is really frustrating to me. I have to make arrangements with my current vehicle around this and at the start the dealer said it's been 3-4 weeks lately for order-delivery. A mid July build date would probably be a 9-10 week deal

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
That's going to make me re-order a new one without GG.. The lack of information given to the dealers is really frustrating to me. I have to make arrangements with my current vehicle around this and at the start the dealer said it's been 3-4 weeks lately for order-delivery. A mid July build date would probably be a 9-10 week deal
You doing that with your dealer today? Please report back and let us know how quickly you move in to D1 with your new (or modified?) build.
Sponsored