Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
So is the gorilla glass something I could skip on my build that I am doing? I really dont like the idea of waiting longer yet. I know i could go back and read the 7 pages im just lazy.
Skip it
Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
It has to be added by your dealer when you put your order in. You either have to request it or your dealer might suggest it like mine did. I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew the delay would be this long. At the moment it is causing those of us who have ordered it to be stuck in D status which means "the parts required to build your Jeep Wrangler are being scheduled and as soon as the parts become available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."
Yeah had I known I would've skipped it and my Jeep would've probably already been built by now. I feel like at this point though I might as well wait, fully committed

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
At this point, it has been a month since GG has been out on the order forms. I would put it on a new order. Typical orders take 3-4 weeks, you have a good chance of not being affected by the current GG delays.
A bunch people over reacted to the stop sale of MT in February and some changed their order to automatics. I wouldn’t be surprised if those choosing the auto over the MT in February didn’t get their Jeep any quicker.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
At this point, it has been a month since GG has been out on the order forms. I would put it on a new order. Typical orders take 3-4 weeks, you have a good chance of not being affected by the current GG delays.
A bunch people over reacted to the stop sale of MT in February and some changed their order to automatics. I wouldn’t be surprised if those choosing the auto over the MT in February didn’t get their Jeep any quicker.
If you need the vehicle quickly shorter than the 7-9 week lead time, I would skip it. If you are in no hurry then add it.

After a Jeep Chat this morning, I'm feeling pessimistic that I'll see my order before August. And I'm not sure my dealer is receptive to letting me re-order another without Gorilla Glass either.

Sponsored

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
If you need the vehicle quickly shorter than the 7-9 week lead time, I would skip it. If you are in no hurry then add it.

After a Jeep Chat this morning, I'm feeling pessimistic that I'll see my order before August. And I'm not sure my dealer is receptive to letting me re-order another without Gorilla Glass either.
What did jeep chat have to say?

ara35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy Wrangler
Is the gorilla glass standard on any models? I recently ordered a 2021 willys and I don't recall seeing a gorilla glass option.

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
Is the gorilla glass standard on any models? I recently ordered a 2021 willys and I don't recall seeing a gorilla glass option.
Not standard on any model. You have to request it or your dealer will add it for you

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
What did jeep chat have to say?
What you would expect...

Jeep Chat: "...your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."
  1. They would/could not confirm it was *just* Gorilla Glass holding it up.
  2. They also would/could not confirm this status is referred to as "D"
  3. Finally, they said the quote time for special order Jeeps is 7-9 weeks. <This was news to me as the sales rep said 6-8 weeks was the worse case scenario when I bought back on 5/26.>

elinopaido

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe
Guys, take this info with a grain of sand. I was just informed by chat that my 4Xe with all options and GG is entering assembly. fingers crossed
Alexander (6/10/2021, 4:38:09 PM): Alright, thank you again for your patience here. I am thrilled to let you know, your vehicle is now about to enter assembly, scheduling status currently. Congratulations! We lack an ETA at this time but please keep in touch with us for the very latest.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, take this info with a grain of sand. I was just informed by chat that my 4Xe with all options and GG is entering assembly. fingers crossed
Alexander (6/10/2021, 4:38:09 PM): Alright, thank you again for your patience here. I am thrilled to let you know, your vehicle is now about to enter assembly, scheduling status currently. Congratulations! We lack an ETA at this time but please keep in touch with us for the very latest.
About to enter assembly could mean anything with Jeep lol, Im going to check on mine and see what they say.

Just talked with Jeep Chat and my build is still in the scheduling phase.

Last edited:

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
I plan on hitting the dealer in the morning for my latest POC, even if they're starting to move there should be close to 2 weeks worth in front of mine (ordered 5/19) so I don't expect much, but fingers crossed they are starting to be built!

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I plan on hitting the dealer in the morning for my latest POC, even if they're starting to move there should be close to 2 weeks worth in front of mine (ordered 5/19) so I don't expect much, but fingers crossed they are starting to be built!
My order went in 5/5 and im still in scheduling , I added GG 5/7 and had VIN 5/11

Frank..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor
I also ordered 5/19. Is your avatar what you ordered? Looks like my avatar haha

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Glad i didnt get the gorilla glass.

when i ordered on 5/8, i went back & forth in my head for several days on it, and at the last second did not get it.

ordered 5/8, shipped 6/8.
Sponsored