Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

OP
OP
Hazelwood7

Hazelwood7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Rubicon V6
I have also heard headliners are an issue (I ordered Headliner and gorilla glass and trail cam) and have heard all 3 are an issue right now. however, others have been told there is no delay from any option so it is hard to know. I am pretty sure the Gorilla Glass is an issue, for the others I have not heard as many with delays but very well could be true.
I got the trail cam in my second order. Well, we will see what happens.
Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I got the trail cam in my second order. Well, we will see what happens.
I went for it in my order too, If it takes longer I think it'll still be worth the wait. It would be a pain to add it after the fact and the aftermarket camera ive heard isn't that great

rhjeep89

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Firecracker Red
I went for it in my order too, If it takes longer I think it'll still be worth the wait. It would be a pain to add it after the fact and the aftermarket camera ive heard isn't that great
Mine had the front cam option and was built within 3 weeks of my 5/10 order date. No gorilla glass or headliner (for those who didnt read my previous post)

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine had the front cam option and was built within 3 weeks of my 5/10 order date. No gorilla glass or headliner (for those who didnt read my previous post)
if I had been told in the beginning that it would be delayed this long for gorilla glass I probably wouldn't have ordered it, at this point Ill just wait. But I heard from my dealer that it probably won't be made until sometime in July

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
if I had been told in the beginning that it would be delayed this long for gorilla glass I probably wouldn't have ordered it, at this point Ill just wait. But I heard from my dealer that it probably won't be made until sometime in July
You are now second person who had a timeline like this. I also heard maybe August with Gorilla glass so I am in the same boat as you. I wish I didn't order it, but committed now lol. However if the 2022 banks open before mine is built i will most likely order a 2022 without it at this point even if there are no other changes made to the 2022s. I planned to that only if major changes before. If i found out the Mojave was finally being made, I would wait even longer but I think thats dead on the JL platform now.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are now second person who had a timeline like this. I also heard maybe August with Gorilla glass so I am in the same boat as you. I wish I didn't order it, but committed now lol. However if the 2022 banks open before mine is built i will most likely order a 2022 without it at this point even if there are no other changes made to the 2022s. I planned to that only if major changes before. If i found out the Mojave was finally being made, I would wait even longer but I think thats dead on the JL platform now.
Yeah my order went in 5/5 , my dumb ass added gorilla glass 5/7 lol , and had VIN 5/11... I really wish they would just say something, I had really hoped to have my Jeep sometime mid June, If I have to wait until August or later Ill probably cancel it and get a '22, and quite possibly a 392. I think you might be right with the August, I was told it would be built sometime in July so an August delivery doesn't sound too far fetched.

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
Yeah my order went in 5/5 , my dumb ass added gorilla glass 5/7 lol , and had VIN 5/11... I really wish they would just say something, I had really hoped to have my Jeep sometime mid June, If I have to wait until August or later Ill probably cancel it and get a '22, and quite possibly a 392. I think you might be right with the August, I was told it would be built sometime in July so an August delivery doesn't sound too far fetched.
You guys are depressing me! July or August?? NOOOOOOOO!

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
i did try to contact my dealer 2 days after my order and get gorilla glass added, and he said he emailed someone at the factory, but it ultimately didn't go through. Was bummed at first but no longer after reading this thread. I just want the Jeep!
Same here. I was unhappy when the dealer couldn't add the gorilla glass to my build, but after reading this thread I'm just glad I'm not in the waiting limbo. I have the front camera as well; no headliners. I ordered on 5/17 and it was in KZ status on 6/2. Right now it's somewhere on a train to Utah.

Last edited:

Roody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR order cancelled; 2012 Wrangler
So that makes it sound like it's definitely the Gorilla Glass that's holding it up. Wondering if that should be factored into my order which I'm placing either today/tomorrow...

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
I believe the GG is the culprit, I have not seen ONE build on cryptostickers with GG??
:headbang::headbang:

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Don't know if there's any correlation, but hopefully the order's get it from the supplier before Quadratech on 6/15:
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? 1623184000239

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Don't know if there's any correlation, but hopefully the order's get it from the supplier before Quadratech on 6/15:
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? 1623184000239
I've seen Quadratec do that on a roof rack I ordered, the closer it got to estimated ship date the further they kept pushing it out?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I've seen Quadratec do that on a roof rack I ordered, the closer it got to estimated ship date the further they kept pushing it out?
I guess all we can do is hope...

On a positive note, while looking for that I came across the Mopar Parts warranty for the Gorilla Glass, hope something similar is in our warranty from the factory. Parts and labor on road debris impact over 1".
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? 1623184923692

Roody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR order cancelled; 2012 Wrangler
Man, this Gorilla Glass thing really has me questioning ordering it. Want to get my order in by end of the week latest but don't know if I should include it or shouldn't.... seems like there really is no right answer
Sponsored