Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Dealership called. Our Jeep has arrived and can be picked up tomorrow 🙌 🙌

Got all the parts in the garage to build it like our '18

20210722_205551.jpg

20210722_205523.jpg

20200905_223257.jpg
Congrats on being the first one! That was a super fast delivery đź‘Ť

A few more to round out the day:

Bioslate
Megsjljl
CardsFan63
overson
WO

I think that means 31 so far since the plant reopened. I would love to know what percentage of custom orders are tracked via cryptostickers! It has to be fairly low, right?
I finally spent a little time looking through the cryptos, there's some interesting stuff among the GGs. If anything it reaffirms my random scheduling theory, not many patterns that I can see. It's also interesting that an order placed 6/28 has already been built jumping who knows how many people in front of him. Maybe there's a Stellantis employee we need to be bribing, crazy that some of us have been waiting close to 3 months and this one gets built in 3 weeks.
Sponsored

J&L'sJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on being the first one! That was a super fast delivery đź‘Ť

I finally spent a little time looking through the cryptos, there's some interesting stuff among the GGs. If anything it reaffirms my random scheduling theory, not many patterns that I can see. It's also interesting that an order placed 6/28 has already been built jumping who knows how many people in front of him. Maybe there's a Stellantis employee we need to be bribing, crazy that some of us have been waiting close to 3 months and this one gets built in 3 weeks.

Thanks.

I think Jeep might be spying on me.

Had a Bronco Demo on Monday, and our Jeep gets built and delivered by Thursday.

It is spec'ed out similar to the one I have on order. I won't get it until late 2022.?. (We were an early reservation and order). If I dropped options like dual top I could of had it next month. When I was told I wasn't going to see the Bronco until late '22 or even possibly early '23 we ordered the new Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? 20210720_163511

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.

I think Jeep might be spying on me.

Had a Bronco Demo on Monday, and our Jeep gets built and delivered by Thursday.

It is spec'ed out similar to the one I have on order. I won't get it until late 2022.?. (We were an early reservation and order). If I dropped options like dual top I could of had it next month. When I was told I wasn't going to see the Bronco until late '22 or even possibly early '23 we ordered the new Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? 20210720_163511
Similar to me. I also have a bronco reservation, but not an early on. I reserved mine in October when I sold my 2020 JLUR. I was told mid 2022 at the earliest for my Bronco, so ordered a 2021 JLUR. figure I can trade in and sell the Jeep once the Broncos are out if I want to, or just keep it. if the market is still crazy ill get the Bronco and sell it lol.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I saw that and was quite irritated by it, ngl. Given that those dates are user-entered and not editable after they are entered, I am hoping it was a typo and they ordered 28 May instead. Otherwise… that’s just rude, Jeep!

And yeah, no discernible patterns to me, either, at least at first glance. I could probably write a little script to get the build sheets and try to find any commonalities, but it’s probably a fool’s errand to. try to make sense of a complex process with a very limited dataset.

Sponsored

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I saw that and was quite irritated by it, ngl. Given that those dates are user-entered and not editable after they are entered, I am hoping it was a typo and they ordered 28 May instead. Otherwise… that’s just rude, Jeep!

And yeah, no discernible patterns to me, either, at least at first glance. I could probably write a little script to get the build sheets and try to find any commonalities, but it’s probably a fool’s errand to. try to make sense of a complex process with a very limited dataset.
Look at the engines… and compare it to order dates… and try to draw a conclusion.

hard to imagine EVERYONE/majority is ordering/ordered the 2.0L in may and early june. Look at your local stock, i bet it’s mostly 2.0Ls that have been sitting on lots.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Look at the engines… and compare it to order dates… and try to draw a conclusion.

hard to imagine EVERYONE/majority is ordering/ordered the 2.0L in may and early june. Look at your local stock, i bet it’s mostly 2.0Ls that have been sitting on lots.
There are several early June pentastars, plenty of May 2.0Ls, and the “28 June” order was a diesel. Also the 4xe shows up as a Sport 2.0L too, which skews that a bit. I do think the 2.0L is probably more popular, not least because it’s cheaper…

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
There are several early June pentastars, plenty of May 2.0Ls, and the “28 June” order was a diesel. Also the 4xe shows up as a Sport 2.0L too, which skews that a bit. I do think the 2.0L is probably more popular, not least because it’s cheaper…
We’ll see… seems odd you would order and wait for something that’s on the lot and traditionally negotiable.

Sponsored

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)

I found it difficult to believe that there was no pattern in this process and kept blaming other Jeeps being built and delivered on the GG issue. Now that the GG issue seems to be cleared up…I fully believe there is no pattern. Someone who ordered 6/2 has already taken delivery of their GG Jeep and at least 3 of us with 5/11 or earlier order dates still sit in D1. Eleven GG Jeeps are on the move/delivered and only 2 were ordered before me - all of the rest AFTER! EFFING MADDENING!
🤬

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I found it difficult to believe that there was no pattern in this process and kept blaming other Jeeps being built and delivered on the GG issue. Now that the GG issue seems to be cleared up…I fully believe there is no pattern. Someone who ordered 6/2 has already taken delivery of their GG Jeep and at least 3 of us with 5/11 or earlier order dates still sit in D1. Eleven GG Jeeps are on the move/delivered and only 2 were ordered before me - all of the rest AFTER! EFFING MADDENING!
🤬
What is your build? Anything unusual in there?

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
I'm happy so for many of you getting movement on your builds. I'm also insanely jealous and getting as angry as a few other there. Remember I DROPPED Gorilla Glass from my build on 6/15 and I'm STILL just languishing in D1... today is day 58.

This experience has really soiled something I thought could almost be fun (a little excitement waiting, like a kid a Christmas). But this is like Christmas doesn't have a firm date. I hope the feeling of owning a Wrangler makes up for this.

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
What is your build? Anything unusual in there?
JLU HA in Granite w/ gray interior (standard CW package, LED group, 8.4”)
Diesel
SOT
ASG
Tow package
GG
Engine block heater

Nothing I haven’t seen turned out in others. 🤷‍♀️
Sponsored