Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

Fleet

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 firecracker, 23 trailboss DD, too many to list
I added GG to my 392 order on 5/15.
Fca states my build is scheduled the 3rd or 4th week of July.
Sponsored

Canyonero02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
I was so close to adding Gorilla Glass and satin black grill the day I ordered on 5/18. I skipped the grill because I got one online and in my garage already for less. Now I'll have a body color backup. Glad I skipped the glass as my Jeep was delivered to the dealer on 6/3.

Frank..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor
I was so close to adding Gorilla Glass and satin black grill the day I ordered on 5/18. I skipped the grill because I got one online and in my garage already for less. Now I'll have a body color backup. Glad I skipped the glass as my Jeep was delivered to the dealer on 6/3.
Rub it in! Haha

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Newbie here. My new Jeep ordered Monday afternoon and gorilla glass was on the order. Hoping the backlog will be cleared soon…..

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
well, that lines up with what quite a few of us are hearing about July builds, August delivery's. you may be first with something "official" since you had a case escalated and got that in writing.

Sponsored

Frank..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor
They don't give me any info like that. Over chat they said that? I'm jealous haha

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
When was your 392 build originally ordered?

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
They don't give me any info like that. Over chat they said that? I'm jealous haha
Same. That makes me the no he’s in D1 and the 392 is his hold up, not the GG. Otherwise why would all of us who ordered GG wouldn’t be sitting in D?

rhjeep89

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Firecracker Red
Same here. I was unhappy when the dealer couldn't add the gorilla glass to my build, but after reading this thread I'm just glad I'm not in the waiting limbo. I have the front camera as well; no headliners. I ordered on 5/17 and it was in KZ status on 6/2. Right now it's somewhere on a train to Utah.
Our jeeps might be on the same train together. Mine is in transit out west by rail right now, 4-5 days until it should be ready!

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer got back to me about the Gorilla Glass issue. He said they have 5 jeeps other than mine that had gorilla glass on the order sheet. All ordered in May and all still in D status. They sent an email out to their rep today and said they will let me know what they find out. Figure any little bit of info helps. Hopefully these get delivered well before August. Not sure I can wait that long without going a little insane :giggle:

Sponsored

Fleet

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 firecracker, 23 trailboss DD, too many to list
My original 392 order was 12/14/2020 before the GG addition on 5/15. Before adding GG I had no vin. Vin received 5/17. Dealer had an allotment for 3 - 392's, 2 named orders and 1 for the floor. Don't know the status of the other 2 but can find out as the other named was the dealer owner. Brad

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
My dealer got back to me about the Gorilla Glass issue. He said they have 5 jeeps other than mine that had gorilla glass on the order sheet. All ordered in May and all still in D status. They sent an email out to their rep today and said they will let me know what they find out. Figure any little bit of info helps. Hopefully these get delivered well before August. Not sure I can wait that long without going a little insane :giggle:
Right there with you... I'm going nuts with impatience. And now I'm again a hypocrite as I tell my kids to be patient all the time!

Maybe all the inquiries about Gorilla Glass delays will cause the factory to lean on the glass manufacture to get them on hand ASAP!

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
So is the gorilla glass something I could skip on my build that I am doing? I really dont like the idea of waiting longer yet. I know i could go back and read the 7 pages im just lazy.

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So is the gorilla glass something I could skip on my build that I am doing? I really dont like the idea of waiting longer yet. I know i could go back and read the 7 pages im just lazy.
It has to be added by your dealer when you put your order in. You either have to request it or your dealer might suggest it like mine did. I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew the delay would be this long. At the moment it is causing those of us who have ordered it to be stuck in D status which means "the parts required to build your Jeep Wrangler are being scheduled and as soon as the parts become available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
It has to be added by your dealer when you put your order in. You either have to request it or your dealer might suggest it like mine did. I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew the delay would be this long. At the moment it is causing those of us who have ordered it to be stuck in D status which means "the parts required to build your Jeep Wrangler are being scheduled and as soon as the parts become available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."
Totally agree I never would have ordered it but dealer said it was now an option for $95 dollars--
so I thought why not--bad f'n move!!
:headbang::headbang:
Sponsored