Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I am going to try to see if my dealer will let me remove gorilla glass, headliner and the soft top bag. Has anyone been able to change an order still in D status?
They should be able to get it done, might have to go through their Jeep rep. My dealer told me I could remove it but I decided id rather just wait.
Sponsored

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
I am going to try to see if my dealer will let me remove gorilla glass, headliner and the soft top bag. Has anyone been able to change an order still in D status?
I was told that once a VIN is assigned, no changes can be made.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
In the past, once a VIN is assigned you are locked in. not sure if that still the case with all that is going on. you may be able to order another jeep without those options if a Dealer wants to keep your original order for dealef stock.

OP
OP
Hazelwood7

Hazelwood7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Rubicon V6
Well, they just ordered me another Jeep but I took out gorilla glass, headliner and the soft top bag. So whatever comes first, they will sell it to me. I am curious to see who wins the race.
Yes, you can switch your order if you are in D. The dealer needs to call your rep and they will change it. My dealer knowing I am in a time limit crunch thought it would be faster to do it this way.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, they just ordered me another Jeep but I took out gorilla glass, headliner and the soft top bag. So whatever comes first, they will sell it to me. I am curious to see who wins the race.
Yes, you can switch your order if you are in D. The dealer needs to call your rep and they will change it. My dealer knowing I am in a time limit crunch thought it would be faster to do it this way.
Im glad they are working with you, I'm surprised that ordering a new unit would potentially be faster than altering the current unit that already has a VIN assigned. I guess depending on where the plant is at in their build the new unit could slip in sooner.

Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Is the current belief that the three things holding up production are Gorilla Glass, headliner and soft top bag?

I only have the Gorilla Glass, but Iā€™d hat to remove that only to find out something else is holding it up too. On my build the only options Iā€™d be willing to give up is the Gorilla Glass and matte black grillā€¦ all the others Iā€™ll have to live with the wait.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the current belief that the three things holding up production are Gorilla Glass, headliner and soft top bag?

I only have the Gorilla Glass, but Iā€™d hat to remove that only to find out something else is holding it up too. On my build the only options Iā€™d be willing to give up is the Gorilla Glass and matte black grillā€¦ all the others Iā€™ll have to live with the wait.
I did Gorilla Glass, Satin Grille, trail rail management system and all weather floor mats. I kinda wish I hadn't done the Satin Grille as its about the same price as doing it myself and I would have the factory color matched grille. So for me I was told it was the Gorilla Glass that was holding up my order, but if it were any of the other things id probably remove them to get built sooner. I probably wouldn't remove gorilla glass though as its incredibly expensive aftermarket and only $95 factory.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
I did Gorilla Glass, Satin Grille, trail rail management system and all weather floor mats. I kinda wish I hadn't done the Satin Grille as its about the same price as doing it myself and I would have the factory color matched grille. So for me I was told it was the Gorilla Glass that was holding up my order, but if it were any of the other things id probably remove them to get built sooner. I probably wouldn't remove gorilla glass though as its incredibly expensive aftermarket and only $95 factory.
Hmmmā€¦ darn it. I never even thought about just buying the aftermarket satin black OEM grill and keeping the matching color OEM grill. Iā€™ll have to research just how close the cost is. Well, I knew Iā€™d make a least one dumb move on my first Wrangler. šŸ˜

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
same for me, I could live without the Hardtop headliner and the tailgate reinforcement, but Factory Gorilla glass is worth waiting for 95$. When replacing a factory window its not always a perfect installation where you may have more wind noise or a leak etc. plus with this as factory option, any replacement needed will also get gorilla glass. its really a hard option to pass up.

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Placed an order on 5/26 and thanks to the hive-mind of this forum I knew to add gorilla glass and did. I too am holding in D status (but I do have a VIN).

So... I like to plan my options:

1) What is everyone's thoughts on how long is "too long" to wait/delay your order's arrival for the gorilla glass option? (I want it, but I also REALLY want my Wrangler ASAP)

2) Can a buyer changer their order to drop Gorilla Glass? Is doing that a bad idea?

I really need a vehicle and really want to get the most out of this Midwest summer in a Wrangler.
1) I personally need my Wranger before I go back to college in August so if it is not ready by end of June, early July Iā€™m putting in a new order without GG windshield so it hopefully comes quicker so early July is too long for me but I feel like that wonā€™t happen anyways.
2) I donā€™t think you can change once you get a vin but ask your dealer I could be wrong.
3) I would also like mine so I can enjoy topless FL sun

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hazelwood7

Hazelwood7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Rubicon V6
Again,

you can change the order if you are in D status. The dealer canā€™t do it but their rep can. They might not want to be bothered with getting their rep on the phone.

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered on 5/11 with gorilla glass. Still in D.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Any idea if Jeep sources these direct from Corning, or would they come via Mopar?

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
I ordered a JLU High Altitude on 5/11. Was quoted 6-8 weeks.

granite crystal metallic
3.0 Ecodiesel
Advanced safety package
Tow package
Sky one touch
Gorilla glass (added by my dealer)

Iā€™ve been in D for 3 weeks. Just learned of the GG delay in another thread.
šŸ˜©

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Ordered JLUR 5/20 VIN 5/21 should have skipped GG -- ugg
:headbang: