Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Order placed Wednesday, VIN given to me today. Gorilla Glass as part of my order. Hoping it moves along smoothly.
It would be interesting to see how close all of our VIN's are , im guessing they are going to batch build a bunch of these at once
Sponsored

drichard989

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08KK, 21JLU
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Ordered a pretty spartan 4D JL Sport S yesterday with GG. Not in a rush as I have a working KK that runs like a champ.

Got VON/VIN today

Also of note is the non-etorque 3.6 was orderable in the 24S package with the auto

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Our hopes are with you. Welcome to the clubšŸ’ŖšŸ˜ŽšŸ¤™
Another member of the 2021 Gorilla glass waiting club! Welcome!

Im sure many are hoping people we put in another order, that will give them an extra allocation they can sell for full MSRP off the lot. I would worry about not getting as good of a deal as I did ordering early last month. Not many are still doing 7% under invoice anymore.

I hope mine is done before end of July, but looking less and less likely.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Add me to the list of GG ā€” ordered/VON 10 June. Havenā€™t asked if Iā€™ve gotten a VIN yet ā€” trying my absolute best not to obsess since thereā€™s literally nothing I can do to make it happen faster!

As long as it comes before September Iā€™ll be fine!

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Damn! Worth a try to remove it from my build? I did find it odd that it was an option on the wrangler but not the gladiator. That leads me to believe what was previously said - Jeep is trying to get a big batch of them to do.

Only game Iā€™m playing is my trucks trade in value going down in the next few months. Not sure thatā€™ll happen with the continued shortage but rather not gamble for too long.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a pretty spartan 4D JL Sport S yesterday with GG. Not in a rush as I have a working KK that runs like a champ.

Got VON/VIN today

Also of note is the non-etorque 3.6 was orderable in the 24S package with the auto
Yeah I went with the 2.0T because I'm not ready to deal with etorque just yet, when I saw the 3.6 non etorque available I was ready to change my order but it wasnt available for the Rubicon for some reason.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another member of the 2021 Gorilla glass waiting club! Welcome!

Im sure many are hoping people we put in another order, that will give them an extra allocation they can sell for full MSRP off the lot. I would worry about not getting as good of a deal as I did ordering early last month. Not many are still doing 7% under invoice anymore.

I hope mine is done before end of July, but looking less and less likely.
Yeah I'm hoping end of July but I'm guessing August delivery

OP
OP
Hazelwood7

Hazelwood7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Rubicon V6
Update again
My 5/15 build is with GG is still in D status. My rebuild without GG was ordered on 6/5 and now is D1 on 6/11. Ship date of 6/24. My wifeā€™s Grand Cherokee L was ordered on 2/1 and has been built sitting in storage and her ship date it 6/21.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Update again
My 5/15 build is with GG is still in D status. My rebuild without GG was ordered on 6/5 and now is D1 on 6/11. Ship date of 6/24. My wifeā€™s Grand Cherokee L was ordered on 2/1 and has been built sitting in storage and her ship date it 6/21.
Your rebuild was the EXACT same without GG? If so, then if anyone had any doubt, this seals it.

OP
OP
Hazelwood7

Hazelwood7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Rubicon V6
Your rebuild was the EXACT same without GG? If so, then if anyone had any doubt, this seals it.
I took out the headliner as well. I wanted the hot headliners. But 100% sure itā€™s the GG. You can change your order if you want but if you have the time, it may be worth it to wait. I canā€™t wait. My lease is up and need a new Jeep. Your dealer rep can change the order if you are in D. My dealer let me order this new Jeep and it was an experiment that has proven a theory. When will they start production with GG is anyoneā€™s guess. I have 4 cracked windshields in 3 years. I will option it on my next Jeep.

The order with the GG will sell the day it lands at the dealer so they donā€™t care about ordering me another Jeep. I guess it depends on the dealer but after seeing the bs that some dealers tell folks on this board, I donā€™t know people know they can change their order in D status. The dealer can say no but Jeep will say yes. I see other dealers telling people that they donā€™t take special orders or wait till the 22ā€™s come out. They seem not to want to sell cars. If I were a dealer I would try everything I could to have customers order a car. Itā€™s an easy sale.

Sponsored

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Got an update that they were able to add body colored fenders so I took that time to ask the sales manager about gorilla glass.

He said the big hold up over the last month or two was they created an additional line for gorilla glass optioned Jeepā€™s to go through. Jeep rep told him Jeep knew it would be a huge hit at $95. He had a 392 on order with gorilla glass and it went into D1 and then into F (I believe he said) status Thursday.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Got an update that they were able to add body colored fenders so I took that time to ask the sales manager about gorilla glass.

He said the big hold up over the last month or two was they created an additional line for gorilla glass optioned Jeepā€™s to go through. Jeep rep told him Jeep knew it would be a huge hit at $95. He had a 392 on order with gorilla glass and it went into D1 and then into F (I believe he said) status Thursday.
Which dealer? My 392 still in D with GG :(