Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I hope that’s true for you! Maybe mine will flip in the next few days too now that yours has moved. 8-18 is much more reasonable!

ETA: I still haven’t gotten a letter like yours and @drichard989’s. Don’t know if that’s a good sign or a bad sign…

You escalated too? You’ll get something soon or know that you’re probably in our bunch. Btw…it went to my potential junk mail.
Sponsored

drichard989

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08KK, 21JLU
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 9.39.43 AM

Interasante, How can D1 last all the way to october as the email I got.

drichard989

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08KK, 21JLU
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Can everyone who got the letter inquire with JC what their status is? Just want to eliminate the chance they didnt hard-code all our statuses to D1.

EDIT: Dealer just told me late august ship. I am starting to think the emails sent were more damage control. I doubt it will take 1.5 months to ship to delivery (even though my dealer is a little rural, its only 1.5hours from spokane).

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Why on God’s green earth would they tell people with Wranglers that it won’t continue, or that their Jeep is being made in the South plant?? I’m completely confused by this company, their communication, and their choices. I’ll stick it out until Mon/Tues. Surely some movement by then. Thanks for the links.
Their communication to and training for the people that interface with the customer is abhorrent.

Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Can everyone who got the letter inquire with JC what their status is? Just want to eliminate the chance they didnt hard-code all our statuses to D1.

EDIT: Dealer just told me late august ship. I am starting to think the emails sent were more damage control. I doubt it will take 1.5 months to ship to delivery (even though my dealer is a little rural, its only 1.5hours from spokane).
it would seem like it should be D1 since they are giving people build dates (even though it is way in the future). We just need to find someone on the inside that works for corporate

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
You escalated too? You’ll get something soon or know that you’re probably in our bunch. Btw…it went to my potential junk mail.
i checked all my spam folder places. Just a bunch of “refinance your mortgage now!!!” spam. 😂😂

Maybe I'll get one later, though knowing my luck it'll probably say sometime in November.

I have the advanced safety group, which might be the chip and GG bottleneck at this point… though I see 4xes in the build sheet list with both ASG and GG, but they’re rubicons. Very few Sahara 4xes. Who knows.

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)

I received a letter from Cara about my escalation just a bit ago. i have still not received a letter like others have. I’m currently in JB. I responded to her email asking for clarification as she stated the south plant was closed and my Jeep was affected. I asked that she respond by Monday as she has previously taken 3-5 days to respond. I told her if I did not hear from her by Tuesday 8/3 I was cancelling. She IMMEDIATELY responded with this email. I responded and said I looked forward to heard from her by Tuesday.

CBB2C096-02BE-42B1-8C7F-A98E7914D18C.jpeg

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I received a letter from Cara about my escalation just a bit ago. i have still not received a letter like others have. I’m currently in JB. I responded to her email asking for clarification as she stated the south plant was closed and my Jeep was affected. I asked that she respond by Monday as she has previously taken 3-5 days to respond. I told her if I did not hear from her by Tuesday 8/3 I was cancelling. She IMMEDIATELY responded with this email. I responded and said I looked forward to heard from her by Tuesday.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? CBB2C096-02BE-42B1-8C7F-A98E7914D18C
I’m surprised you got a response at all. I have responded to email emails 3-4 times and never got anything back.

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m surprised you got a response at all. I have responded to email emails 3-4 times and never got anything back.
I was VERY surprised. She has never responded to me before. Maybe threatening to cancel makes a difference even though I fully expected not to hear from her and to cancel. 🤷‍♀️

Sponsored

MikeLSV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Hi everyone. Finally got some wins in my column on dealer-ordered JLUR 4xe w/ GG. To refresh the memories of everyone I ordered on 17 May. Got a VON and VIN the following day. Stayed in D through first half of July with a 'ship date' from my dealer of 29 July despite Jeep Chat having no info. On 7/28 Cryptostickers sent my Build Sheet to me (via registered thread to track on JLWranglerForums). About an hour ago (7/31) I got the Window Sticker. Now to wait for arrival...

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
My 392 looks like it moved to quasi D1, at least the parts are all there including the GG:
"The Jeep is in the production stage with all parts gathered and it's waiting to move into the build process."

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Microchip could be a catch all term. I had a Ford Transit that just got delivered after a total of 3 months extension of the delivery date.
The item that held it up was a small 400 W inverter under the passenger seat. It was included in a package I wanted.
Unfortunately this inverter was also included in another much more popular package and the uptake of that one caught Ford and consequently the supplier by surprise.
So try ramping up production of an inverter you scheduled for say 1,000 units to 5,000 units during COVID where everything is being grabbed, allocated, produced at an all of a sudden rapid pace.
We’ve seen wood products in short supply. I work in a laboratory and see shortages of the most crazy things like plastic caps, wooden applicators, plastic cups, etc…
So my van was delayed by a small part I didn’t even care about made by a small supplier that got overwhelmed at the worst time. The van was not scheduled for production for months and when finally produced sat in a lot by the factory for a few weeks waiting for this part to ship and essentially get connected and screwed down.
Who knows Jeep’s strategy going through this? Will they produce and park vehicles missing things? Will they shut down the line because they anticipate getting supply soon? It’s a logistical nightmare and someone has to make the big decisions and there is a lot of responsibility associated with it.
I guess I’m naive. I assumed that when I waited 50+ days in D, where they were gathering the parts for my build, that all of the parts would be gathered and available for my build as it progressed. Apparently “gathering the parts” is just a phrase and has no meaning?

drichard989

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08KK, 21JLU
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I guess I’m naive. I assumed that when I waited 50+ days in D, where they were gathering the parts for my build, that all of the parts would be gathered and available for my build as it progressed. Apparently “gathering the parts” is just a phrase and has no meaning?
I probably have one of the most lean builds on here and I was still delayed a ton. Who knows whats going on

24S with HT Auto, 3.6, GG

Frank..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor
Ugh. Mine got pushed back AGAIN. I am now getting a 8/14 ship date. Was 7/28, then 8/4, now the 8/14. Ordered May 19th. I jinxed myself by ordering all the parts and accessories in advance and booking a trip to Moab 9/19. The Jeep Gods are laughing at me 🤣

Edit: Moab trip is 9/25
Sponsored

Last edited: